Patient Zero /ragequit?

Chimeran

I can solo level 55 champs but can't kill this level 53 elite.... Yeah ok SWTOR.

Patient Zero is bugged, how can any level 53 elite mob self heal faster than a fully geared level 55 and companion can dps.

Something stinks here and it ain't me.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had zero problems with any boss in Arcanum on my TK Sage, so it is probably the fact you are doing something wrong.

Guide at SWTOR-Spy suggests re-summoning your companion before engaging, as they can get stuck on some other platform, to interrupt his abilities and to AoE adds fast. Like I said, I managed to beat this mission in Campaign geared TK Sage, so it should not be a problem for someone "soloing 55 champions"

I had zero problems with any boss in Arcanum on my TK Sage, so it is probably the fact you are doing something wrong.

Guide at SWTOR-Spy suggests re-summoning your companion before engaging, as they can get stuck on some other platform, to interrupt his abilities and to AoE adds fast. Like I said, I managed to beat this mission in Campaign geared TK Sage, so it should not be a problem for someone "soloing 55 champions"

I did it on my commando geared in WH and EWH gear... It is possible, just interrupt.

Hate to be "that guy" in a post like this cos the last thing the OP wants to hear is how other people had no problem but...

Did it Yesterday on a woefully undeargeared 53 and had no problem i'd go as far as to say it was easy

I've done this quest on a healer and a tank. No problems on either one. Make sure that when you jump across to his area your companion is still with you (if not dismiss him/her and resummon). And yes story line enemies can be tougher at times. This is not something new.

Hate to be "that guy" in a post like this cos the last thing the OP wants to hear is how other people had no problem but...

Did it Yesterday on a woefully undeargeared 53 and had no problem i'd go as far as to say it was easy

Then there is something to do with the scaling of the dungeon with players level.

Think about it, level 55 toon fully geared having problems........ And everyone is oh well I owned it so easy with my naked level 12 Jedi in starter gear blah blah.

It aint rocket science, I've been playing the game a very long time and like I said my setup allows me to solo level 55 champions. So, when I get owned... And I mean owned after using every trick I know, my conclusion is:

A: the scaling level up is not working correctly for this guy.

B: there aint no B

I did love the one where the guy said... Oh I just went in close and no problem :)

I did love the one where the guy said... Resummon your companion... Lol , oh that must be why, cause I always start fights solo with my companion not in the room........

I think my whine is justifiable, I love a challenge where I can use all my HoT, interrupts, knock backs and be left with 5% health..... But both fully geared toon and companion owned and only done 20% damage?

I've read on forums others having problems, and the date of post is very recent, so perhaps it is to do with recent patching?

Lol again at the " man I killed this no problem , with my eyes shut and a meat pie in one hand " = ****

Edited by Chimeran

Then there is something to do with the scaling of the dungeon with players level.

Think about it, level 55 toon fully geared having problems........ And everyone is oh well I owned it so easy with my naked level 12 Jedi in starter gear blah blah.

It aint rocket science, I've been playing the game a very long time and like I said my setup allows me to solo level 55 champions. So, when I get owned... And I mean owned after using every trick I know, my conclusion is:

A: the scaling level up is not working correctly for this guy.

B: there aint no B

I did love the one where the guy said... Oh I just went in close and no problem :)

I did love the one where the guy said... Resummon your companion... Lol , oh that must be why, cause I always start fights solo with my companion not in the room........

I think my whine is justifiable, I love a challenge where I can use all my HoT, interrupts, knock backs and be left with 5% health..... But both fully geared toon and companion owned and only done 20% damage?

I've read on forums others having problems, and the date of post is very recent, so perhaps it is to do with recent patching?

Lol again at the " man I killed this no problem , with my eyes shut and a meat pie in one hand " = ****

Does the instance scale according to your level at all? I can't remember, but I thought not.

I don't know if the fight is bugged for you, maybe the class you're using just has it harder than others. (I hear Snipers have a harder time with the Archon than others do, for example.) I didn't struggle with my Marauder and don't remember the fight very well, so I can't offer you advice in terms of strategy.

What happens during the fight? Does he just do so much damage that your healer/you can't out-heal him? Does he do spike damage? Is there a specific ability he uses that causes you trouble?

Edit: Were you in a group when you entered the instance? (But your group members weren't with you?) I heard that that can cause the instance to scale according to the number of players in your group, which would make the content significantly harder.

Edited by Lung_Tien_Lien

Had no problems with it.... probably just your strategy. Personally, I like they have hard ones in and not just simple to kill.

Agreed. And I love how people complain about the fact he has healing.....interrupt the heal....it's not rocket science, right? lol

The only time the content scales is when you are in a group in a non heroic instance. If this Is not the case then you are doing something wrong. Op, instead of whining, give us some more details. What class and spec are you playing? Are you interrupting everything? Have you tried your heroic moment and used the unity/sacrifice ability? How much hp does this guy have before you engage?

Oh, and as to your last post. Whining is never justified.

Edited by TrooperSev

I think my whine is justifiable,

And everyone else in the thread does not agree with you. Perhaps if you were to post some specifics about your class and the companion you are using we could come up with helpful suggestions versus "well, I didn't have a problem" responses.

I can solo level 55 champs but can't kill this level 53 elite.... Yeah ok SWTOR.

Patient Zero is bugged, how can any level 53 elite mob self heal faster than a fully geared level 55 and companion can dps.

Some elites/champions require more then just mindless spankfesting.

Protip: interrupt his heals. ;)

Interrupt skills say WHAT?

Actually when I was doing this quest, I didn't use any interrupts at all. I was that big noob back then. I still did it on the first try even though it was one of the harder fights in this game's solo content I've seen.

The only explanation that could justify these problems is that recent patches somehow bugged that mob. That's a possibility.

Your sig doesn't show any 55's so Ill take a guess and say it's your trooper and/or sage.

Basically you just need to interrupt every cast and use a healing companion. You will do both more healing and more dps than your companion so let him heal and you can decide when to do what.

To interrupt these guys is pretty easy. They don't have a resolve bar.

As a sage you get at least 4 abilities that can interrupt:

Standard interrupt

Overload

electrocute

whirlwind

(companion cc's)

(grenade cc's from cybertech)

In addition you can stand near a wall or other object (since you are a ranged class) and when you see him charging an attack on you, you LOS him so it interrupts his cast. That will work on every single attack that isn't instant.

So, you've got 2 short-timer interrupts (overload, standard interrupt) and 2 long timer ones (electrocute, whirlwind). Your companion also has abilities you can use (for example, talos drellik has a carbonize cc that can interrupt casts), you can use this by turning it off and manually activating it (click or keystroke the corresponding button) at the right time. You also have LOS. Use LOS to interrupt attacks, and use your abilities to interrupt healing. Use your short timer ones first, then your long timer ones as needed. You should be able to nearly shut him down completely for any ability that isn't instant, and you'll also have him mezzed so much you'll be at full health the entire fight.

For commando same strat, I just don't know what the movelist is since I don't use a commando.

If he's one of those annoying "immune to cc" mobs then you've got LOS and regular interrupt.

A warrior class can interrupt like every 4s though.

Edited by JP_Legatus