Camera rotation speed increments bugged?

E-Zekiel

Came back to the game a few weeks back and had to adjust the camera rotation speed down again. Moved it down to 6%. After some extreme aggravation today regarding the well-known "camera twitching bug" (you can google it)

I decided to move my sensitivity from 6% to 0%. I opened my options to find that it was already 0%. I did not set it to 0%, I set it to 6%.

To ensure it was in fact set to 0%, I then turned it up to 100% and back down to 0%. Despite the fact my game telling me it was already 0%, my camera was, in fact, moving slower. Now it is too slow for my tastes.

The biggest problem aside from the ongoing camera twitching problem is that camera rotation speed now only moves in increments of 26%. Or at least it goes 0%, 26%, 52%, 77%, 100%. None of these speeds are playable to me but 0%, and that is slightly too slow.

I can confirm this bug. It only occurs when you start changing the rotation speed; it is fine when you leave it alone.

When you get the bug, you can always reset the camera rotation speed by opening the file

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\AccountName_Account.ini

and deleting the line:

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.10000000149

Alternatively, you can change this number to a value that works best for you.

However, I hope that they fix it so that you can once again adjust the camera speed continuously without having to edit the config files.

Here are a few threads describing the same issue in the CS forums:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=743160

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=743479

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=742732

It appears that this bug got introduced with patch 2.7.2, it is also present in GU 2.8 on the PTS.

Edited by Jerba

It seems several other "camera settings" are bugged as well.

- deselecting Smart Camera will turn this option off. However, when selecting smart camera again, it remains turned off (tried relog and repair).

- Camera max distance cannot be any longer modified by 1% per step, instead each step changes the value by 4-5%.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still bugged. I've gotten more used to the current mouse rotation speed, but I still wish I could make it just a tad slower. But I know if I touch that bugged slider bar it'll just make things worse.

Any chance you'll get this bug fixed sometime before the 1-year mark that you publicly acknowledged it?

I never felt that 0% was slow enough, I wish they would reconsider what the floor on this setting is, this is the only game where I have this issue.

They should reconsider the ceiling too. 25% is pretty much uncontrollable. The tiniest twitch of your wrist and your camera is sent spinning. I can't imagine anyone actually using anything from 20% up.

Still bugged. I've gotten more used to the current mouse rotation speed, but I still wish I could make it just a tad slower. But I know if I touch that bugged slider bar it'll just make things worse.

Any chance you'll get this bug fixed sometime before the 1-year mark that you publicly acknowledged it?

After 8 months, it's not longer a bug. It's a feature.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Guys...this is still bugged. I mean really, it's 2017. How can a bug like this still be in the game after it was reported back in 2014? Kind of pathetic really.

Now I guess I have to try deleting my config file and hope that works, because the game is unplayable now to me unless that fixes it. All just because I dared to use the camera rotation speed slider one time and now I can only go from 0% to 26%. :confused:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Ever since steam release and the rise in population from it, I have seen so many new players asking how to fix the camera rotation speed because it feels too sensitive/bugged. Please fix this! Edited by Drendal