Sentinels - Top 3 Questions

KeyboardNinja

The real question is: at what damage levels will 1 point of crit provide a more significant contribution than 1 point of power?

Power, of course, is the absolute #1 stat and not comparable to any other secondary stat. Currently, the itemization allows only for selections crit vs power. So power is the number 1 choice and seriously uncomparable... where did I write anything else?

Check this graph with more crit ratings according to different surge levels (0.8 is hard maximum cap):

L I N K

Edited by keeroo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Power, of course, is the absolute #1 stat and not comparable to any other secondary stat. Currently, the itemization allows only for selections crit vs power. So power is the number 1 choice and seriously uncomparable... where did I write anything else?

Not always. As I said, crit becomes more and more attractive as your power, tech/force power and weapon damage goes up. Crit is already useful in moderation for some classes (e.g. both shadow DPS specs use about 100 crit in full 72s; gunnery commandos use about 180; commando healers use anywhere from 200 to 450, depending on itemization). It will become even more so as the stat budgets increase.

Your chart plots the damage increase value of three stats against each other, which is deceptive because you can't trade alacrity for crit (for example), and thus it isn't fair to plot them on the same scale. The decision of "how much crit should I take?" is almost entirely independent of the "how much alacrity should I take?" decision.

• 5 weeks later...

I used to love the Watchman spec. I loved it because you had to know what you were doing to make it work in PvP, and if you did know what you were doing, you felt good with your numbers at the end of a match. Now, I get very poor numbers and am pretty discouraged from playing that class anymore. What is horrible, is not many people were playing that spec to begin with to warrant a nerf to that spec. Most people were derp smashers or combat spec. I will not bounce all over the different trees in the Sentinel tree in order to stay on top of my game. I love the Watchman spec, it required skill to play it. Now, it's pretty much pointless to use. Hell, if any experienced PvPers see you in that spec, they even ask you why are you playing that spec.

It's stuff like this that makes you wonder if it just simply isn't time to go play a different game. That nerf was completely uncalled for.