Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

stuck on installing..

MisterGuru
06.26.2019 , 02:10 AM | #1
hi after the maintenance shutdown yesterday, i was able to play the game with no problem and since leaving and finishing work im unable to play star wars.. at first it was stuck on initializing, and after messing about with the properties changing things to true instead of false im not stuck on installing at 0%.
Ive also tried to repair the launcher and uninstalled and reinstalled with nothing really helping the situation.
can someone help

UmbralSpirit
06.26.2019 , 03:18 AM | #2
Try this, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho...te/m-p/5282877 it's almost always that BitRaider garbage causing problems.

MisterGuru
06.26.2019 , 03:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Try this, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho...te/m-p/5282877 it's almost always that BitRaider garbage causing problems.
hi, ive tried that and nothing happens unfortunately, its more annoying because i was playing fine yesterday. it's still stuck on 0%

UmbralSpirit
06.26.2019 , 03:33 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterGuru View Post
hi, ive tried that and nothing happens unfortunately, its more annoying because i was playing fine yesterday. it's still stuck on 0%
Try this:

Open the Task Manager.
Make sure BRSptsvc.exe and brw.exe aren't running, if they are, kill them both.
Go to your SWTOR directory and delete the Bit Raider folder, this should force the launcher to verify the next time you start it.
Hope it works this time.

MisterGuru
06.26.2019 , 03:44 AM | #5
Try this:

Open the Task Manager.
Make sure BRSptsvc.exe and brw.exe aren't running, if they are, kill them both.
Go to your SWTOR directory and delete the Bit Raider folder, this should force the launcher to verify the next time you start it.
Hope it works this time.
it says network error while installing patch date.. retrying (310)
and under that it says downloading English video 1 1.68gb remaining, but nothing is downloading

UmbralSpirit
06.26.2019 , 04:05 AM | #6
it says network error while installing patch date.. retrying (310)
and under that it says downloading English video 1 1.68gb remaining, but nothing is downloading
Now it sounds like a connection issue, there is a log folder in the game folder check the most recent launcher log file for ERROR messages.

MisterGuru
06.26.2019 , 04:10 AM | #7
Now it sounds like a connection issue, there is a log folder in the game folder check the most recent launcher log file for ERROR messages.
its strange after it froze on the error 310, i deleted it and reinstalled it and now its just stuck on initialzing download.. but with it being newly installed i havent messed about with the true false bit thing and the error messages are

2019-06-26 09:58:25 ERROR Version file doesn't match any version in patch manifest: patcher2017 (e212)
2019-06-26 09:58:25 ERROR Deleting D:\Star Wars-The Old Republic\patcher2017.version, and trying again.
2019-06-26 09:58:55 ERROR patching file to same version?
2019-06-26 09:59:26 ERROR Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.
2019-06-26 09:59:26 ERROR Failed to initialize BitRaider query mapping.

UmbralSpirit
06.26.2019 , 04:27 AM | #8
At least it's not a connection issue sounds more like a communication error, if it's newly installed set the BitRaider Mini-Support Service back to Automatic again as described in the link i posted initially.

When you say "true/false thing" do you mean you tried to switch to the non-streaming launcher?

MisterGuru
06.26.2019 , 04:35 AM | #9
At least it's not a connection issue sounds more like a communication error, if it's newly installed set the BitRaider Mini-Support Service back to Automatic again as described in the link i posted initially.

When you say "true/false thing" do you mean you tried to switch to the non-streaming launcher?
i have teamviewer and you're welcome to try it for yourself if you wanted haha and yeah i saw a few posts saying go into the launcher settings and change something from false to true and try that, when i do that, that is when it comes up with error 310 and the bitraider is set to automatic

UmbralSpirit
06.26.2019 , 04:49 AM | #10
i have teamviewer and you're welcome to try it for yourself if you wanted haha and yeah i saw a few posts saying go into the launcher settings and change something from false to true and try that, when i do that, that is when it comes up with error 310 and the bitraider is set to automatic
You mean this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Troublesho...r/td-p/4867417 are you certain you followed it to the letter because if you did you shouldn't see errors related to Bit Raider.