Healing in Warzones

Shwain

The state of healing in Warzones is atrocious, i just finished a void star warzone where i did 250k healing and capped 2 of the doors and received 2 medals. This makes me want to change to a dps spec simply because i am unrewarded for healing. Its ridiculous that i am punished for providing a needed part of a pvp team.

The state of healing in Warzones is atrocious, i just finished a void star warzone where i did 250k healing and capped 2 of the doors and received 2 medals. This makes me want to change to a dps spec simply because i am unrewarded for healing. Its ridiculous that i am punished for providing a needed part of a pvp team.

Um, 250k healing? You were rewarded by winning, being that you most likely carried your team. Although I do think you should get a lot more medals.

Edited by Tharenisis

Originally Posted by Brutal_Lobster...... in another thread

Honestly BW intended you to not only heal, but also DPS. I make 200k healing while also doing plenty of damage. So if you're not bad then you'll do fine. If all you do is heal then you're not doing enough for your team. This isn't WoW, you can't play it like you did in WoW.

This was posted in another thread, and I completely agree.

Consider yourself more a support class than a healer.

Medals are for different things, if you just do healing you are not going to get the dps ones, likewise if you heal for a bajillion hitpoints but no one of those heals went over a 2500 heal in one go you wont get the 2500 heal medal. The medals are simple achievement points, if you are basing performance around them then its your issue Edited by Slurmez

Sadly, yes, more medals are awarded for kills and capping points than for fulfilling a support role.

Hopefully Bioware will fix this, or support classes will dry up in PVP.

Or just scrap the medals all together, and just boost kill rewards for everyone near the person who died. (if there is one)

Best thing to do if you want more metals is try to secure a Killing blow right off the bat, that gives 1 metal.

Then get your 2.5K heal metal critting someone.

Next there is the Healing a Ton metal that if you are the deticated healer you will get, 75k Healing.

I don't know exactly HOW the kill system works, but you get a metal at 10 and 25 Kills, try to tag a person or 2 so you also get get in on the Killing.

Then there are metals for Defending points at 1k and 3k, and I think attacking points as well. I have NO IDEA how to get these in Huttball, but I find at Alderan just chill at a node for like....Ever.

Most of these are incredibly accomplishable. I'm happy with 4 metals on my healer and aim for only 5 on my DPSer. Becuase I do my Job.