How to fix Powertechs

_zot_

Everyone knows that powertechs got nerfed really really bad with 2.0 :(

Powertech went from being way to OP to the class no one wants overnight.

Here's a solution that i believe would make powertechs a fair class again .

Give them a JET PACK LEAP! similr to the warrior class leap. Upon impact with the enemy you could slam the retractable blade into them :D

PLEASE consider this bioware!!!!! i have always dreamed of a fun way to utilize the jetpack on my powertech! Now that they have been so unfairly nerfed this could totally fix them and make them a lot of fun again!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So along with a base pull you now want leap to be as well which the tanking tree has?

Sorry, answered your question with another question.

I wouldn't be against it. DPS warriors are granted two gap-closers. Scoundrel and Assassin have stealth plus a speed mechanic that is far greater than Hydrolic Overrides.

On the note of that, in lieu of a leap, I would prefer a higher speed increase for Hydrolic Override (just to keep people from claiming they are OP again and nerfing them further into the ground)

hey juggs/gaurdians have their push. there is no need for powertechs to give up the pull.

it should be a skill sold at the trainer not something only in tank tree.

Edited by _zot_

I wouldn't be against it. DPS warriors are granted two gap-closers. Scoundrel and Assassin have stealth plus a speed mechanic that is far greater than Hydrolic Overrides.

On the note of that, in lieu of a leap, I would prefer a higher speed increase for Hydrolic Override (just to keep people from claiming they are OP again and nerfing them further into the ground)

Force speed is not better then overide. Yes its a 2 second burst of speed which is a gap closer but you get rooted all the time with it also stealth is not a gap closer...just ask any operative pre 2.0. Also what skill is the second gap closer for warriors besides the obvious force leap.

or here's another idea. What if they gave us an ability to fly to ANY spot. when you activate the skill you get a movable target ( like throwing a huttball) and can fly to the spot. cmon you know that would be totally awesome.

and if that might be a little too op let it just be a simple jet jump forward similar to the operative roll

Edited by _zot_

Force speed is not better then overide. Yes its a 2 second burst of speed which is a gap closer but you get rooted all the time with it also stealth is not a gap closer...just ask any operative pre 2.0. Also what skill is the second gap closer for warriors besides the obvious force leap.

On the assassin you can be granted immunity to tech and force attacks - to my knowledge all (or at least the vast majority) of roots, snares, and stuns fall into this category. Utilize both to effectively close the gap when needed.

I suppose technically stealth isn't a gap closer. What it allows you to do is engage with no gap at all. Take your pick for what you want to call that, but it eliminates the need to get in close - the same purpose of a gap closer.

Warriors are able to have both force leap and zealous leap, effectively closing the gap twice.

Did I miss the part where the problem with PT/VG was a lack of gap closer? Cause last I checked, it was the burst that got gutted, not toned down.

This is like my quesadilla lacking cheese and giving it double chicken...

Well; a quesadilla without cheese is a bad quesadilla, but if you add more chicken, you could then have yourself one hell of a chicken soft shelled taco.

Or in this case; you take a bad burst class and make it a better sustained DPS class.

Edited by Technohic

Well; a quesadilla without cheese is a bad quesadilla, but if you add more chicken, you could then have yourself one hell of a chicken soft shelled taco.

Or in this case; you take a bad burst class and make it a better sustained DPS class.

I dunno about you, but any mexican dish without cheese is a mexican disaster in my book. :D

On the assassin you can be granted immunity to tech and force attacks - to my knowledge all (or at least the vast majority) of roots, snares, and stuns fall into this category. Utilize both to effectively close the gap when needed.

I suppose technically stealth isn't a gap closer. What it allows you to do is engage with no gap at all. Take your pick for what you want to call that, but it eliminates the need to get in close - the same purpose of a gap closer.

Warriors are able to have both force leap and zealous leap, effectively closing the gap twice.

There are a few weapon based roots that shroud will not protect against and the big one is leg shot from a sniper and there is usually always one in every warzone it seems.

Yeah zealous while it has a short range can be a gap closer but only rage/focus get it. Though guardians and jugs do get intercede so then I guess you could say they have 3 then...damm op warriors.

Now I'm trying to remember if the last fajita I had, had cheese on it. I don't think it did...

Fajitas dont usually have cheese, just grilled peppers onions and meat. Now the enchiladas I had for lunch yesterday, holy f'in cow they are crazy good and I only live a block away which is both a blessing and a curse.

You can still do great overall damage with powertechs, but the burst was toned down some, yes. When you compare it to smash and deception and all the other fantastic burst specs out there, we arent in the top 3-4 anymore for that. But we can still put the hurt on people.

The real issue with PTs in DPS tree, especially pyro currently is survivability. You need probably 2x the support a player with similar skill would playing a marauder or a sin, with thier plethera of ways to survive. When I play DPS classes I kill PTs and Van dps before healers because they drop so rediculously fast.

If they wanted to keep thier damage where they are they need to look at survivability for the class. Not gap closing, not burst. Energy rebounder was probably the biggest nerf PT/Vans got in the last patch. It being moved to middle tree that is. That hurt the class more than thermal dets damage being gutted ever did, especially with half the PTs specced aim spec anyway.

Right now on mine I play Pyro with oil slick and It helps me stay up far easier, and Im able to peel better and drop it in hallways in void star and do more team useful things. Dropping it on a sniper when they entrench, pretty much wastes thier entrench CD, cuz they are going to be missing alot of thier shots, especially when you consider the amount of sins and warriors with deflect CDs.

But yeah, TLDR: Survivability > Burst.

Fajitas dont usually have cheese, just grilled peppers onions and meat. Now the enchiladas I had for lunch yesterday, holy f'in cow they are crazy good and I only live a block away which is both a blessing and a curse.

Yeah; they usually don't but every once in a while, I go for the fajita quesadilla this one place has. It's like a hybrid of the 2 and it is awesome.

Edited by Technohic

Yeah; they usually don't but every once in a while, I go for the fajita quesadilla this one place has. It's like a hybrid of the 2 and it is awesome.

Well yeah any quesadilla should be smothered with cheese. This local bistro has, wait for it...pulled pork quesadillas.

Did I miss the part where the problem with PT/VG was a lack of gap closer? Cause last I checked, it was the burst that got gutted, not toned down.

This is like my quesadilla lacking cheese and giving it double chicken...

i am not saying this will fix what was nerfed. I saying it would add a different element that i think will make up for the overly nerfed burst. or maybe im just using the nerf for an excuse to make the powertech super fun again cause JET PACKS RULE! i mean come on. cheese is great and all. but maybe it's time you change your diet and accept a different perspective.

Well yeah any quesadilla should be smothered with cheese. This local bistro has, wait for it...pulled pork quesadillas.

Throw on some peppers and onion and BOOM! Pulled pork quesadilla fajtas!

POOF

*Just so we are clear. This is not a derailment. We are talking about powertechs which quite possibly could be pulled pork quesadilla fajitas and be awesome.

i am not saying this will fix what was nerfed. I saying it would add a different element that i think will make up for the overly nerfed burst. or maybe im just using the nerf for an excuse to make the powertech super fun again cause JET PACKS RULE! i mean come on. cheese is great and all. but maybe it's time you change your diet and accept a different perspective.

If you want the jet boost spec into tank.

Also I'm from Wisconsin and we like cheese with everything, my gramps used to like a slice of chedder with this apple pie.