1.2 is going to cost me a fortune.

_Scattered_

I have already invested a great deal of credits remodding all my gear. I have been repeatedly buying the same piece just for its mod.

Now with 1.2 I have to remod all my gear...twice.

I find this unacceptable for all the players who have spent time and credits to min/max their gear who now need to spend fortune just to be on par with with the standard bm set.

Not to mention those who sold off their multiple's or didn't remove the existing enhancement's are royally screwed.

Edited by _Scattered_

I agree that the bm sets don't always give you the mods you need, but the same will be true for the war hero set, and the conqueror set after that. It's not like your bm set will be totally irrelevant as soon as 1.2 comes out though, you'll still be viable until you have full war hero mods.

I agree that the bm sets don't always give you the mods you need, but the same will be true for the war hero set, and the conqueror set after that. It's not like your bm set will be totally irrelevant as soon as 1.2 comes out though, you'll still be viable until you have full war hero mods.

The problem is the cost of "fixing" my gear so it will update with 1.2, then redistributing those mods so I have a full set again.

The problem is the cost of "fixing" my gear so it will update with 1.2, then redistributing those mods so I have a full set again.

This is optional. They are reducing the cost of the BM gear considerably. You can always just replace the gear completly.

Why would you waste time fixing your BM gear again? You can just get the comms needed to get the War Hero gear and trade in your BM gear. The only crap part is that you will have to mod your rated war hero gear which would be a proccess in itself.. but then that is kinda the point of the new system i think. Unless you never plan to do rated in which case you just have to get the war hero unrated and then mod that set.

If they gave you a fully functional piece of gear with the correct stats then you wouldn't have to grind more to "fix" it. The upside to the new system is you have a clear road map of how long that will take vs having random crap in bags.

I don't completely agree with their choice of how pvp gear progression should work, but it's better than what we had before.

Why would you waste time fixing your BM gear again? You can just get the comms needed to get the War Hero gear and trade in your BM gear. The only crap part is that you will have to mod your rated war hero gear which would be a proccess in itself.. but then that is kinda the point of the new system i think. Unless you never plan to do rated in which case you just have to get the war hero unrated and then mod that set.

If they gave you a fully functional piece of gear with the correct stats then you wouldn't have to grind more to "fix" it. The upside to the new system is you have a clear road map of how long that will take vs having random crap in bags.

I don't completely agree with their choice of how pvp gear progression should work, but it's better than what we had before.

You musta missed the Dev post on if you switched mods out of the original Battlemaster set pieces the battlemaster set pieces will not be tradeable for warhero set in 1.2 unless you switch back battlemaster set pieces to original stock set before 1.2 launches..

You musta missed the Dev post on if you switched mods out of the original Battlemaster set pieces the battlemaster set pieces will not be tradeable for warhero set in 1.2 unless you switch back battlemaster set pieces to original stock set before 1.2 launches..

Oh... still. It's just a matter of WZ comms now. At least merc comms now are traded at a 1:1 ratio 10 at a time. 1k merc comms is 1k WZ comms. So you can have 2k (the new limit) WZ comes day 1 of 1.2. It effectivelly puts everyone on the same playing field.

Even if the BM stats are crap. You won't be in them long enough to really worry about modding until you get the rated WH set. Then you can worry about modding.

Edited by DarkDruidSS

You must pay the cost for facerolling people because you stacked a stat. I'm sure the dev's didn't intend for guardians to do 10k force sweeps because they stacked power etc.

This comment is ridiculous. If they didn't intend for us to swap mods, why did they make all the PvP gear partially mod-able in the first place?

Are you sure that is what the developer's said? I just remember that current BM gear is getting an automatic huge buff to expertise but won't if you have replaced the mods.

Are you sure that is what the developer's said? I just remember that current BM gear is getting an automatic huge buff to expertise but won't if you have replaced the mods.

This is my understanding and like I said you really won't be in BM for long enough to worry about modding it out again.

It seems like we have conflicting systems here.

New Orange armor with possible augment slots

which you can pull the mods out of BM / WH to put in.

BUT don't you need those mods to trade in the piece for the next tier or not?

WH requires BM. The next tier will require WH to trade in. Does the "shell" suffice or do you have to double grind when ready to move up a tier?

Seriously, the issue you outlined is a non-issue. Taking mods out has a cost for a reason.

Which I have already paid.

How was I to know there would be a mod reset requiring unmodded pieces to update to better stats.

This will cost at minimum a million to sort out.

It has nothing to do with some sense of "right and wrong" or "this isn't how the developers intended it". This is all about the extra amount of work that would be required to update those mods that came from different pieces of gear.

Not saying that is right or wrong either. They're packing a lot of stuff into 1.2 and this just wasn't worth the development time. In a month or less, this entire argument will be right up there with the staggered launch, or in other words: totally forgotten about.

You must pay the cost for facerolling people because you stacked a stat. I'm sure the dev's didn't intend for guardians to do 10k force sweeps because they stacked power etc.

This is exactly why these stats exist...

I'm curious what you thought they were for.

ITT: geared guardian kills sub 12k HP zero expertise scrubs when stacking Biochem buffs and one-trick-pony spec.

Also ITT: one-trick-pony guardian gets face melted off by anyone with a pulse.

Don't forget some of them weren't even level 50, so....

I also liked how "she" tabbed around and found the best targets to get that screenshot hit on as well.