Mercenary Crew Skills, what to choose now!?

Blitegrave

After hitting 55 last night I set out and obtained a few new pieces of gear from flashpoints, I open my crew skill window up for the first time since 50 and well....I still have Biochem, Bioanalysis, and Slicing. I figure something needs to be rearranged with this new patch and stuff. What crew skills will best benefit me an my bounty hunting friends out there?

Is what I have right now a good combo to stay with? I only play one character by the way, so alt crafting is very uninteresting to me. I'd rather have 3 crew skills i can run with on one toon and benefit from it rather well, if possible. I am a DPS Merc also, no healing done.

It doesn't really matter that much what your advanced class is, where crew skills are concerned. It's your base class that determines your companions, who are the ones that determine what skills you'll exceed at.

Slicing is not that useful a crew skill if you're going solo. The credits you earn won't match the credits you need for the materials, as people love to jack up the prices. The only time I'd recommend it is if you're going for augments instead of normal crafting, and since biochem doesn't have any augments, you have no use for it.

Biochem and Cybertech are good skills for any class, as they have the least 'focus', so to speak. Other crafts tend to focus more on tech or force users, with armourmech ONLY for tech and synthweaving ONLY for force. The other two dip into each others territory a bit, but it's more due to them providing neutral stuff for any class.

Now that that's over, Cybertech+Slicing is actually plausible for a bounty hunter, because of mako's brilliant slicing efficiency. Buy a cybertech upgrade for the droid, and your crafting becomes incredibly potent, but you could say that of any class. Of course, that means you have to sacrifice either underworld trading or scavenging to keep slicing, and personally? I'd pick scavenging to be the third skill. Of course, it means you're at the mercy of the GTN for the rarer materials, but I find it's a lot worse if you run out of base materials.

If you stick with Biochem, ditch slicing, and get diplomacy. No questions. While Biochem has better classes for it, you certainly can't go wrong with the benefits it provides (reusable stims, adrenals, and medpacks are still OP)

The other two options are armstech, and armourmech. I think bounty hunters get a little more benefit from armourmech, but I'm unsure. I know Blizz is the main crafter if you don't kit out your droid, but can't recall which he was better at.

Pick up artificing or synthweaving, and I'll have to shoot you.

I wouldn't go for cybertech as 2.0 killed it. You can get mods/armoring very cheaply from vendors and no one will buy your stuff. But if you will go with Cybertech I suggest you pick scavenging and underworld trading with it Edited by tanerb

So it seems that Biochem, Cybertech, and Scavenging seem to be a decent combo?

Not as a combo, no. For a start, you can't take two crafting skills.

What I was saying, was that Cybertech is useful for any class, due to it's versatility, and reusable grenades are quite useful. According to popular opinion, the only useful crew skill (which I read as profitable) is biochem. Of course, if everyone took biochem, it would become the worst crew skill, because nobody would need anyone else's crafting.

If you take cybertech, take scavenging, and either slicing or underworld trading. If you take biochem, take bioanalysis and diplomacy. Armourmech needs scavenging and underworld trading, but it can also craft augments, so slicing instead of UT is plausible. I very much doubt anyone wants armstech augments, though, so scavenging and investigation are the only compliments to that.