State of GF lately

I apologize beforehand if the title appears deceptive. I am one of those guys not good at using words.

Thing is the common behavior of pug is getting real bad and shameful. I know some bad apples are to be expected during a run. But blatant usage of vote kick and foul languages in GF is becoming so bothersome that even new players are getting normalized to this attitude.

I had a run of vet copero with two new players (lvl 42 jug, lvl 28 snip) and a new sin tank. There were some lag problems and killing all the mob and dragging more mobs etc things happened. The tank said he needs kill for achievement, granted we did clearing. but lowbie jug keeps getting lag. Then after first boss, jug says he need to go and snip initiated a vote kick. And it went through!

I asked over chat why kick him, he was leaving already. Tank says he was taking too long!!!

It is just one of several instances, I faced over last month. New guys are coming to this game and this....

I believe we should try something to encourage a nicer environment. I know I asking a lot but cant we just try to be nice?

Its an MMO and its the internet. It is hard to provide good environment for the many kinds of players. You cannot imagine what the conditions of the players, in your group, are like. For example one may have a quick 10 minutes before the kids come home from school, another might be cooking something and is coming and going from the game etc. Not all the players have it quiet at home and can focus on playing the game.

Intentions of the players differ also. One maybe running the flashpoint for achievements and needs another 24 runs so he is in a hurry. The other wants npc kills for achievement so he kills all there is etc. Some need a fast run, some take time, so you will never be able to please everyone. Conflicts will arise like you can do that in solo version or you can watch cutscenes in Story mode and so on.

There isnt really much the Devs can do to hinder such behavior of the players as each have their own world, which is impossible to adapt to. Among adults such behavior is less common, yet it still exists. The game is largely played by kids however, so you will be getting this no matter what precautions you take. The important thing is for you to behave correctly and hope that others will follow your example.

I do lots of FPs, both Veteran and Master. I do, of course occasionally run into bad people, but I'd have to say that the majority of the time, things have gone well in that regard. (Sometimes, of course, groups just don't make it for other reasons.)

Much like someone who gets the same item out of a Command crate several times in a row, you've just hit an unlucky patch. And, of course, if you put some of the baddies on your ignore list, you won't have to group with them any more.

Edited by JediQuaker