Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consnstency in Ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Consnstency in Ranked

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.19.2019 , 11:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post

As a sniper, I absolutely despise Rishi because of how targeting works with ramps. Even if you can see someone, you may not be able to hit them with straight shots, lol. Imagine, just by taking a few steps back, suddenly you have a second to recoup.
It’s why I love Rishi on my Jugg and even my Sorc. It gives me lots of LoS options against ranged classes.

EmperorRus's Avatar


EmperorRus
05.19.2019 , 11:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Stun and cc are your friend
Ok, stop DoTs!
#MakeSorcsGreatAgain #RemoveOperatives

nepochop's Avatar


nepochop
05.19.2019 , 11:24 PM | #13
There really is no consistency in ranked. You can have a match where you are against a sin, jugg, merc, merc. So you say, lets kill jugg then sin, cc mercs. However when the match starts you wait near spawn and you manage to uncover the sin, so people instantly swap to sin, its 4v1 and his teams mates are on the other side and cant help him.

You stun and attack, he will realize he has to break the stun or he will die in one stun, but when he breaks he is instantly restunned and dead. There are many ways a match can go, its not about fixed starts that are always executed.

I have the same issue as the OP, sometimes you rock, sometimes you do nothing cause you are focused.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.20.2019 , 12:00 AM | #14
words of wisdom from a long time jugg. ignore ED, just burn him, he will heal to full and then die. he will take approminatly 320k dmg in doing so.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
05.20.2019 , 12:02 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
There really is no consistency in ranked. You can have a match where you are against a sin, jugg, merc, merc. So you say, lets kill jugg then sin, cc mercs. However when the match starts you wait near spawn and you manage to uncover the sin, so people instantly swap to sin, its 4v1 and his teams mates are on the other side and cant help him.

You stun and attack, he will realize he has to break the stun or he will die in one stun, but when he breaks he is instantly restunned and dead. There are many ways a match can go, its not about fixed starts that are always executed.

I have the same issue as the OP, sometimes you rock, sometimes you do nothing cause you are focused.
I noticed that.. if you are focused and let's say kite and your team is ok you can still win by dying slowly enough, but IF your team is bad and you get focused then it's game over...

Also I have this stupid issue where I burn some defenses because I am afraid to get globaled and then I realize it was pointless after which I am drained and ****.

These stupid mistakes annoy the hell out of me.

Also, you it's worth to attack first and open on them instead of waiting for them ?

KumbayaGOD's Avatar


KumbayaGOD
05.20.2019 , 03:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
words of wisdom from a long time jugg. ignore ED, just burn him, he will heal to full and then die. he will take approminatly 320k dmg in doing so.
if you hit during ed and the enemy is heal to full, if you keep hitting while the stack still there is that meaning it will keep healing even full health ?
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

nepochop's Avatar


nepochop
05.20.2019 , 03:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Also I have this stupid issue where I burn some defenses because I am afraid to get globaled and then I realize it was pointless after which I am drained and ****.
Same, this is quite an issue I would say. Thats why its strange for me to watch streams of the PVPers on DM. Like they are rarely focused and use their cds slowly and people do not fully go on them and they make it look easy. I guess in my case they consider me global material so they go full on me and I tend to also panic and use 2 powerful cds at once and they simply die after using medpac. Good PVPers even save for example enet for me (there is mostly a merc in the enemy team these days) and they know when to use it.

Its the same issue with the global in 1 stun, they stun you and you know that if you do not break you will die, so you use cc breaker and then they net you after cds run out so you can PW, vanish or camo.

WayOfTheWarriorx's Avatar


WayOfTheWarriorx
05.20.2019 , 04:32 AM | #18
I have to agree with Seterade.

15 seconds is like 3 ccs worth of time. Even if you have that available, I'm not sure how wise of a move it would be to use them all at once just to get around the ED for 15 seconds.

Additionally, if you are not in attack range of some other opponent, depending on the circumstances, you'd might need to use for leap, and you won't have that back off CD in 15 seconds when the jugg is done with his ED.

I just go chop suey in many cases. Naturally there are variables, location on map, environment utility, personal health level, etc.

Also, given toxicity issues,[ a bit of general speaking here] if you don't have another target to attack for whatever 15 seconds is a long time not to do any damage and than be told you suck because you didn't get any numbers for 15 seconds. I'm not saying that should be the primary concern, winning should be, but under certain circumstances people might be concerned about their numbers if they have a 'known' toxic offender on their team.

You can't lock a jugg up for 15 seconds every minute and 15 seconds [outside of ranked, special circumstances].

Obviously that's a non issue where focus on the Jugg is in effect, which, is usually quite often

Chop suey for me. I'm just a 1200-1300 anyways.

P.S. The Dots comment is also a valid concern as well as AOEs.

JediMasterAlex's Avatar


JediMasterAlex
05.20.2019 , 07:46 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
words of wisdom from a long time jugg. ignore ED, just burn him, he will heal to full and then die. he will take approminatly 320k dmg in doing so.
Agreed, especially if you or any of your teammates are dots.

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Also, you it's worth to attack first and open on them instead of waiting for them ?
Personally, I think it's almost always preferable to attack aggressively. That way you can control who you focus, and you can control who goes in first (or at least try to, depending on teammates), who stays back, etc. If you wait for the enemy, you're allowing them to control the flow of the match, and it usually goes badly. Obviously, depending on comps or if they have someone who stupidly overextends or something, that can change.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.20.2019 , 08:52 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EmperorRus View Post
Ok, stop DoTs!
Well yes, that’s true. I do love it when someone dots me up just before I need to use ED
It often comes down to situational awareness. If you know a Jugg hasn’t used ED and their health is dropping fast, don’t drop a long dot on them. Which I’ll admit, is very hard not to do sometimes.