Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mike 🅱️ Suggestions to make the cheat reporting easier

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mike 🅱️ Suggestions to make the cheat reporting easier

TrixxieTriss
05.17.2019 , 10:06 PM | #1
One that’s an old suggestion, but I’m not sure it’s been mentioned

Add an ability to right click player name and report, including from the scoreboard. Then allow us to go into they report to add details.

The reason is many people have “Alt key” letters in their names and it makes it near impossible to capture the name properly and write it down. And if you do, then you have to look up the codes for those letters. It’s even more problematic for me because I dont have a number pad on my KB, so I have to get another KB to plug in.

Adding this feature would allow more accurate reporting too because you could server time stamp the report to show what map, what time and what they’d been doing for the past 10 mins.

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.17.2019 , 10:26 PM | #2
I have another suggestion that may aid the cause, I'm not sure of course, I'm not as computer savy as you are Trixxie, but perhaps they can make a instant in-game screen shot key using a feature in the game that is tailor made for that express purpose, so it would be easier to get more reliable evidence of said cheating that wouldn't come with the concern that possibly something has been altered in a screen shot taken from some 3rd party soft ware using photo-shop or something. I can see that as a legitmate concern, especially when you are talking about banning people, possibly perma-banning people. I do think it's important that we don't come up with a way that than people will abuse it for people they don't like.

In game they would know it's source, and be able to ascertain it's genuineness and it would make capturing evidence of people cheating that much easier and more reliably. That feature could also perhaps also include being able to make statements directly typed into that add on feature so to cover all the bases for evidence and reporting features.

Just a thought.

TrixxieTriss
05.17.2019 , 11:30 PM | #3
Thats a good idea. Only, not all cheating can be shown from a screen shot.
But it would be a useful tool for those that can. We’d just need to hope Bioware wouldn’t fall into a habit of relying on it at the expense of a proper investigation.

Seterade
05.17.2019 , 11:50 PM | #4
"character map" program on windows.

https://ibb.co/tKFzBRG

TrixxieTriss
05.18.2019 , 12:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
"character map" program on windows.

https://ibb.co/tKFzBRG
And how many people know about that? We need to make this as easy as possible for the every day person

Seterade
05.18.2019 , 12:55 AM | #6
hm. maybe I have too many.. uh, websites on that picture

your homepage doesnt seem wierd till someone walks by and then walks away howling with laughter.

Lhancelot
05.18.2019 , 03:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
hm. maybe I have too many.. uh, websites on that picture

your homepage doesnt seem wierd till someone walks by and then walks away howling with laughter.
rofl. You young people have no sense of what real privacy is it seems.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Lhancelot
05.18.2019 , 03:20 AM | #8
oops meant to add to my edit. oh well.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

omeru
05.18.2019 , 08:35 AM | #9
Problem is not reporting is easy or hrd it is BW developers. Fly hacker back in game, botter never got punished for what he did on DM. So what difference is gonna make easy reporting as long as they ignore them. Sorry but this game has worst customer support and worst developer team i have ev er seen. Many promises and 0 kept. So what is gonna do easy reporting since they will gonna ignore it.

JediMasterAlex
05.18.2019 , 09:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by omeru View Post
Problem is not reporting is easy or hrd it is BW developers. Fly hacker back in game, botter never got punished for what he did on DM. So what difference is gonna make easy reporting as long as they ignore them. Sorry but this game has worst customer support and worst developer team i have ev er seen. Many promises and 0 kept. So what is gonna do easy reporting since they will gonna ignore it.
Good point.