Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any conquest changes coming?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any conquest changes coming?

MacCleoud
07.06.2018 , 07:45 PM | #1
Any word on any conquest updates coming along?

lightSaberAddiCt
07.07.2018 , 02:39 PM | #2
{Not until they find another way to make it even more of a worthless venture I would assume}
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Lhancelot
07.07.2018 , 02:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MacCleoud View Post
Any word on any conquest updates coming along?
Why not propose what you feel needs adjusted or changed so there is a starting point to discuss it... Otherwise open-ended posts with no real request are even less likely to be given attention.

Your request is to broad and needs a focus point...
WHAT KILLED SWTOR?
Ignoring player feedback regarding what was fun in

the game, ruining conquest, gearing, and too many other things to list.

Aberd
07.14.2018 , 07:57 AM | #4
Well, maybe because there are already numerous threads on what could be changed, really no point in starting new. BW, despite repeatedly saying they will listen to the community, has completely ignored the community's suggestions and done jack to improve conquest.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Lhancelot
07.14.2018 , 08:25 AM | #5
Why not start by being honest and telling them the only repeatable conquest content people are doing together as guilds is the bugged repeatable rampage quests?

If people suffer through these monotonous awful repeatables just to be able to grind conquest content together in guilds it's clear people love to group for repeatables and the devs ought to really consider opening up conquest so this can be a thing.

The activity of choice for conquest driven guilds should add some leverage to how conquest is played and how it ought to be developed, honestly speaking. The devs can make this happen it would not be hard for them to make heroics repeatable and whatever else people enjoy doing together.

Without giving them exact wants and needs in a post though, you will get nothing because there's nothing to consider. They have responded favorably to all of the PTS changes so far, reverting and altering stuff based on what people are given them as feedback, so there's a chance they will consider conquest requests too.

Perhaps after this big patch is added, they can rework and fine tune conquest more, but people need to give them feedback. Again.
WHAT KILLED SWTOR?

HrRav
07.14.2018 , 03:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Why not propose what you feel needs adjusted or changed so there is a starting point to discuss it... Otherwise open-ended posts with no real request are even less likely to be given attention.

Your request is to broad and needs a focus point...
Most of my guildies have lost the interest for conquest because we do not have any chance of winning planets any longer. What is the point of grinding objectives for rewards that you can easily buy from the GTN?

What made conquest interesting was competing for the honour of conquering a planet (or sometimes just the struggle for a spot on the top ten list), but these days the same large guilds take turns on choosing planets to win (except on the smaller servers where there is slightly more variation---check out the statistics I have added to this thread). It seems as if the devs had completely misunderstood what the driving force for conqeust participation was when they changed the system.

Thanks for the new interface and fixing the rewards bug, althoug neither has much value when the interest to participate is killed.

Lhancelot
07.14.2018 , 07:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HrRav View Post
Most of my guildies have lost the interest for conquest because we do not have any chance of winning planets any longer. What is the point of grinding objectives for rewards that you can easily buy from the GTN?

What made conquest interesting was competing for the honour of conquering a planet (or sometimes just the struggle for a spot on the top ten list), but these days the same large guilds take turns on choosing planets to win (except on the smaller servers where there is slightly more variation---check out the statistics I have added to this thread). It seems as if the devs had completely misunderstood what the driving force for conqeust participation was when they changed the system.

Thanks for the new interface and fixing the rewards bug, althoug neither has much value when the interest to participate is killed.
If they made heroics repeatable, would that be enough to give smaller guilds a chance to compete, or what else would need to be changed?
WHAT KILLED SWTOR?

HrRav
07.15.2018 , 04:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
If they made heroics repeatable, would that be enough to give smaller guilds a chance to compete, or what else would need to be changed?
I don't think repeatable heroics would make that much difference. The chance we had in the old system were crafting weeks with more than three planets up for conquest (in particular Total Galactic War), where we could push out millions of conquest points on a planet without too heavy competition.

I have already suggested several ways to fix this problem in the thread I was referring to above, but maybe I should simply repeat them here:

• Return of the crafting week. Some people might not have liked crafting weeks, but I don't see what is wrong that dedicated players gather crafting materials fpr a long time and then generate a huge amount of conquest points in one particular conquest week (which does not need to recur that often).
  • Total war means total war. Pre 5.8 total war meant that all planets in the conquest system (currently 19 planets) were up, which means that a lot of guilds got the chance to win.
  • Conquerors are busy after conquering a planet. Another way of opening up for other guilds to win would be to block the winner of a planet from participating in the competition of other planets until their planet is up for conquest again. These guilds should still get guild rewareds if they reach the guild target during the following weeks, but they should not be included in the top ten list.
  • Fight for honor. Competition is pointless if one team has a huge advantage, whereas fighting against an opponent on your own level can be---dare I use this word?---exciting. The difference between large and small yield is obviously too small to motivate large guilds to compete with other large guilds. Increase the difference, for example by adding more rewards to large yield and drastically reduce the rewards for small yield---or maybe even introduce an honorary yield where the only reward the guild get is the achievement if they win a planet.
  • Small groups of heroes that make a difference. The placing in the top-ten list does not need to depend on the total conquest points for a guild. Another option would be to use the average number of conquest points for the 5 best players in the guild (small yield), 20 best players (medium yield) or 100 best players (large yield). This would allow small groups of heros to fight a much more numerous opposition (in true Star Wars spirit) on low yield planets.
  • Force persuade. A more drastic measure to make guilds of similar size compete is to add a maximum guild size (for example counted as active accounts) for a guild to invade planets with lower yield.

Some of the suggestions above obviously require that the yield of the planets are rotated between conqeust weeks, so that for example Alderaan is not forever a large yield planet.

Aberd
07.15.2018 , 10:31 AM | #9
Here's my list of requested changes:
Critical Missions: (Any Planet): Change from Daily Repeatable to Infinitely repeatable.

Operation: Take Them Down: Remove this. With the variable difficulty of the various operations there is no incentive to do anything other than EV and KP for this since any other operation is too difficult for the casual player for the rewards. Instead break it up into multiple objectives with specific operations the objective. To motivate players to do all bosses in an operation, make the objective per boss and Infinitely Repeatable. This will make longer operations such as Scum and Villainy more appealing. Also increase the points rewarded for the more difficult Operations such as TOS, Ravagers, and Gods of the Machine.

War Supplies: Crystal Capacitors, Holocron of Strategy, Starship Weapons, Armored Vehicles, Infantry Supply Kits:
  1. Add the construction of these to list of objectives.
  2. For Non-crafting week, objective should be one per character per day. For crafting week, infinitely repeatable.
  3. Reduce the material requirements to make these. Preferably return to pre 5.8 schematics. If this is unacceptable, then reduce the number of Attachments, Grafts, etc to an equal number of each. Also for Supplies requiring Grade 3,5, 7 components, remove the Grade 8 component requirement; Sim for Grades 2,4,6, remove the Grade 9 component requirement.
  • Return planetary bonuses. If a guild is going for Tatooine for example, increase Tatooine Rampage rewards by 25-50%.
  • More Planets! With just three planets the three/four largest guilds are the only guilds capable of competing and winning the planets.
  • Get rid of the Small/Medium/Large Yield planetary rewards and make amount of rewards based on conquest points earned. I.E. this week's planets are Tatooine, Rishi and Section X. Fix such that guilds making between 200,000 and 549,999 get the Small rewards; 550,000 to 1,129,999 get medium level of rewards, 1,130,000 to 4,999,999 get Large level rewards, 5,000,000+ get more rewards (Large Box of Grade 10 Augment Components a given rewards instead of choice, and 2x Flagship Plans)
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

Paulsutherland
07.15.2018 , 10:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
{Not until they find another way to make it even more of a worthless venture I would assume}
A pre conquest grind for the rewarding conquest grind?