New idea for flashpoints

Been here since beta and this is my first post. Hope I am placing it in the right spot and it has not been discussed before.

My idea came to me because some of my guild mates and myself are sick of using Kuat Drive Yards (KDY) as leveling tool. Yes there are other ways to level (class mission, PvP etc) but I'm not here for that.

Right now KDY is a level 15 to 54 flashpoint and I think it's a good idea but it could be better. There are other flashpoints that I feel don't get used much at all, Taral V/Boarding Party, Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry, Colicoid Wargame and Kaon Under Siege to name a few. So why not make them playable over a wide range of levels. Like The Esseles/The Black Talon being playable from level 10 to 59 and bolstering us players to level 59.

Things would look something like this.

The Esseles/The Black Talon 10 - 59

Kuat Drive Yards 15 - 59

Hammer Station 17 - 59

Athiss 21 - 59

Mandalorian Raiders 25 - 59

Cademimu 29 - 59

Taral V/Boarding Party 33 - 59

Maelstrom Prison/The Foundry 37 - 59

Colicoid Wargame 41 - 59

The Red Reaper 45 - 59

Directive 7 49 - 59

The Battle for Ilum 50 - 59

The False Emperor 50 - 59

Kaon Under Siege 50 - 59

Lost Island 50 - 59

Czerka Corporate Labs 55 - 59

Czerka Core Meltdown 55- 59

I'll stop here.

This way we could have a large amount of flashpoints to queue in group finder. Yes it's a lot but it's better then running KDY will your eyes bleed.

Chadouich

Edited by ANando

This post makes a lot of sense if you really think about it. Now being that as it may, I have resided in my Humble Castle atop the peak of the highest mountain in all the land. Drinking my brandy and enjoying every minute of it. Now I second this motion that this simple minded plebeian has thought up, of this caliber. Also I hope that bio-ware will look into this idea.

Sincerely yours:

Sir Didly Von Snapperknackle the III esquire.

Edited by DeathLorde

great idea but i wonder 2 things some of the flashpoints at higher level take some skill so if you take people from lower level dont think they would have had enough time to then their class for flashpoints like false emperor or D7 also if everthing was tactical would you get all your gear from these and make normal ones mute also this would take alot of codeing on bioware's side to dumb down the flashpoints to make them less hard so all of 1 type can do like all dps

other then that this a great idea

great idea but i wonder 2 things some of the flashpoints at higher level take some skill so if you take people from lower level dont think they would have had enough time to then their class for flashpoints like false emperor or D7 also if everthing was tactical would you get all your gear from these and make normal ones mute also this would take alot of codeing on bioware's side to dumb down the flashpoints to make them less hard so all of 1 type can do like all dps

other then that this a great idea

The minimum level would stay the same, so you wouldn't have a level 16 going in to Lost Island, so your first concern is essentially a nonissue.

As for rebalancing to tactical, there's the possibility of keeping the trinity and only adding bolster/changing levels. It would still be a faster queue than waiting around for a tank to queue for one of the two FPs you're elligible for (though not as fast as pure tactical), and it would still add more variety.

While I would like to see some content given a longer lifespan, I think a bolstered esseles/BT would be a crime against humanity. It's bad enough getting that one run done before heading to coruscant with having to wait through the cut scenes.... imagine doing that all the way to level 59.

No thanks, what is needed is more levelling tactical flashpoints similar to KDY, something with minimal cut scenes and don't take an eternity to finish.

Tactical FPs are stupid. Do you think it's something inherent with KDY that makes it horrible? No, it's because it is "tactical" (I really wish they hadn't used this word to describe KDY et al) and encourages stupid play.

Any leveling tactical will have the same problem. I almost completely ignore KDY on my journey from 10-59, but I do other FPs regularly.

Trinity FPs encourage smart play. They teach folks how to play the role they've chosen (or they can, anyway). They also reward good loot (for the level) and good exp. So-called tactical FPs do only one of these three. Why would I want more of them?

Trinity FPs encourage smart play. They teach folks how to play the role they've chosen (or they can, anyway). They also reward good loot (for the level) and good exp. So-called tactical FPs do only one of these three. Why would I want more of them?

Why don't you try reading the original post before replying? He's suggesting making the existing trinity-based flashpoints level-neutral with some type of Bolster system, not making them role-neutral Tacticals.

OP: this is a nice idea, and would really improve the leveling experience, plus add more life to the original Flashpoints. Unfortunately, I am not holding my breath for it to happen.

Edited by XORDYH