<Zorz> HM Revan and Coratanni videos

For anyone who has been wondering what the final bosses look like on HM, here are a selection of our kill videos (a mix of our world first kills and various other kills)

Revan first kills:

(Sorvali PoV) - Heal

(Raulos PoV) - Heal

(Raulos PoV) - Heal 16M

Revan kills but not from original kill:

(Salim) - Tank

(Yolo) - DPS

Only non 8 BH kill we did pre change ( Also best video of Revan B mods kill boss)

(Yolo) - DPS

Coratanni first kill:

(Raulos) - Heal

(Salim) - Tank

(Raulos) - Heal 16M

("Burn to ****") - Our first kill reaction

Not first kills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UbfoWFG7-8 (Tefia) - Heal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-fN5gI0Cs (Yolo) - DPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkGQlk5Tzc8 (Salim) - Tank

General YT channel where we upload videos for all bosses from multiple POVs:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikAjiwDDgEqYG-d0nmjmrg

Edited by JDotter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioned on reddit, might be helpful to note here: the mechanics have been changed on the third level of the revan fight so that hydraulics can no longer resist knockbacks from the purple circles. I just wanted to make sure people remembered that (because I didn't scour the patch notes) and that bounty hunters are no longer overpowered for the fight as they were. So you don't all need to re-roll mercs guys! :D

Mentioned on reddit, might be helpful to note here: the mechanics have been changed on the third level of the revan fight so that hydraulics can no longer resist knockbacks from the purple circles. I just wanted to make sure people remembered that (because I didn't scour the patch notes) and that bounty hunters are no longer overpowered for the fight as they were. So you don't all need to re-roll mercs guys! :D

Yet they are still the only class that can negate every pull/push (as sniper entrench will only be up for half of them) from the core while you deal with the apparition knock backs ... so ...

Yet they are still the only class that can negate every pull/push (as sniper entrench will only be up for half of them) from the core while you deal with the apparition knock backs ... so ...

This is true. For maximum up-time currently having all BH DPS is probably the most beneficial. May not be needed, but doesn't hurt.

I thought they had patched it so hydraulics no longer negates that pull and push. Am I wrong again?

The "Unstable Abberations" (aka the Purple Circles) are the ones that can push you through Hydraulics & any other cheese. The pulls & pushes remain untouched.

How do you guys deal with the exploit vulnerability? Is there a way to interrupt him? do you take the damage. Tanks seem to die from the leap, is there any way to avoid it?

Best advice is using strafe keys or back peddling. One of the things I had to learn this tier was the s key is "ok" at times.

Rugarr also likes the cheeks so protect them

Edited by JDotter

Best advice is using strafe keys or back peddling. One of the things I had to learn this tier was the s key is "ok" at times.

Rugarr also likes the cheeks so protect them

I've backpedaled situationally in literally every tier. The S key gets a really bad rap, to a large extent because of PvP (where it is even more situational, and generally just wrong). Dismissing it entirely though is a terrible idea. Failing to backpedal messes up your threat on many fights, and sometimes can also throw off mechanics (as in the case of Revan). The key is just knowing when it's important to manage your facing and when it's just slowing you down. There is no blanket answer to that question.

In case people are curious and unfamiliar with the fop floor on hm, this

is why hydraulics was so overpowered for third floor revan (the knockback when purples explode). It happens once in the video due to the cheese, but the KB is going out on every purple explosion.

Edited by namesaretough

In case people are curious and unfamiliar with the fop floor on hm, this

is why hydraulics was so overpowered for third floor revan (the knockback when purples explode). It happens once in the video due to the cheese, but the KB is going out on every purple explosion.

Are you sure the word is "overpowered" and not "required"? Is there any reason to believe that the fight is even possible now? Given the lack of testing that apparently goes into anything BW makes, I find it very easy to believe that they put in those knocks without checking to make sure they didn't make the fight literally unbeatable.

The Unstable Aberration mechanic can be done without hydraulics but requires a high level of coordination and inevitably slows DPS/Heals to some degree. I would say that with cheesing the Unstable Aberrations, you still needed some awareness and ability to beat it, but it wasn't that tightly tuned. It is definitely tightly tuned when you can no longer cheese Unstable Aberrations.

Out of curiosity, how many were BHs in that kill in which team was not 100% BH? Would you say those that could use hydraulics made the kill possible? Thanks for the videos too! I'll make sure to watch them all at some point. Now I only had time for two. :D Edited by Ruskaeth

Out of curiosity, how many were BHs in that kill in which team was not 100% BH? Would you say those that could use hydraulics made the kill possible? Thanks for the videos too! I'll make sure to watch them all at some point. Now I only had time for two. :D

We had a tank and a healer non-bh. We were just dead weight, we each died to the second set of purples. The 6bh in that kill carried us in their backpacks. We didn't understand it like we do now, though.

BH is still the best base class for third floor, btw, since you can still hydraulics the pull/push, but I certainly don't think it's a gamebreakingly huge advantage now. It just provides another 5-10 GCD (depending on how good you are at moving out for the pull) of uptime over the whole top floor, which seems pretty reasonable. If you're min-maxing you'll still bring all BH, but it's not a big enough difference to keep it from being possible with other classes instead, it just leaves less room for error.

Edited by namesaretough

I've backpedaled situationally in literally every tier. The S key gets a really bad rap, to a large extent because of PvP (where it is even more situational, and generally just wrong). Dismissing it entirely though is a terrible idea. Failing to backpedal messes up your threat on many fights, and sometimes can also throw off mechanics (as in the case of Revan). The key is just knowing when it's important to manage your facing and when it's just slowing you down. There is no blanket answer to that question.

Agreed I just never had to do it while previously tanking. I also played a sorc since launch and everything in madness updates your character model.

Did you killed Revan so far after the change?

Yep after many hours of painful wipes including This which in the context of the fight is on the level of the Hatred 200 HP wipe on NM Brontes.

Are you sure the word is "overpowered" and not "required"? Is there any reason to believe that the fight is even possible now? Given the lack of testing that apparently goes into anything BW makes, I find it very easy to believe that they put in those knocks without checking to make sure they didn't make the fight literally unbeatable.

Outside of the guilds I hold in high regards I don't see many killing it until its nerfed. This tier in my book was NM 1-4 are on the quality if not better than DF/DP NM fights and both Revan & Coratanni are much harder and more coordination checks than Brontes & Council.

I'm not sure if we would had killed it without hydraulics, the next heave was three seconds away and it was one shot on all but Raulos.

It seems super tight even with majority being BH and that demands one question: Are you all optimized 198? :confused:

The group this lockout was probably 75% optimized 198s with two 198 main hands. It is really tight, but in the context of saying cortanni is tuned for 192s I think it's fair to say revan is tuned for 198s at a similar efficiency of output.

Edited by namesaretough