My Play has Seriously Diminished

So, this thread is just to complain, and nobody can offer advice? OK.

Srsly though, if you're that good of a DPS, people will seek you out to run with you. If you're not, get good, or learn to tank/heal. That's it. The end.

Yeah I am thinking maybe it is a problem of being on ignore lists....though I dont know why with such a positive attitude

Please explain this to me.

Character unable to join a raiding guild? Character already in another guild (such as PVP, RP or social) having no appeal to raiding, characters from the other faction of your guilded main and having less time to play scheduled event. Not counting characters from players with irregular schedules.

• 3 weeks later...
Focusing to set instead of ultimate isn't going to fix anything.

Since 3.0 The game hasn't endlevel content to offer beyond flashpoint to characters unable to join a guild.

Since 3.1, flashpoints (such as Blood Hunt) aren't designed anymore for this people.

Since the situation is lasting, It's unclear to me if it's a design mistake or a deliberate attempt to force people to join PVE guild or leave.

Exactly. Thanks.

I used to play daily, and since the beginning of SWTOR. I have a busy RL, and I can't play at regular times---so meeting up with people does not work over the long run---but when I could get on, daily, I'd enjoy doing high level ops to earn UCs to build my character. I have attractive, rather expensive armor, all augmented to the highest level, most armorings/mods...at 198, some at 192. But I have been a month trying to earn another 198 piece (per UCs).

Building my toon with UCs is the part of the game I enjoyed; that is why I've subbed; that is what has been diminished. Yes, I could play tanks or heals (and I have) but why should I? I dont' enjoy those roles, and this is for entertainment.

Since 3.+, I've really not been able to.

It's chronically so that most people enjoy DPS roles, and there aren't enough role slots in GF to allow them to earn UCs very well. It's painfully slow, since Patch 3.+.

RESULT:

I now log on much less often, and after a few things find myself standin garound on fleet doing nothing, waitng for GF to pop, which doesn't pop. So why am I there?

I log off.

SWTOR is a BUSINESS. It exists for entertainment purposes, for money, for profit. It is not here primarily to stealth locate Enders (Orson Scott Card) who may champion some life-saving adventure that is game-oriented. It's to be for fun.

So, like any good customer who cares about the company and what I used to get for my money, I complain in the vain hopes that anyone in charge may care. :) Though I fear they do not.

Looking at responses, I should clarify for those of you who don't read entire posts:

I don't join a raiding guild because my RL is busy, my play is not at a schedule. I can sometimes join them, but usually not. So over the long run, I cannot be there when they plan to raid.

So I enter GF. That's what it's supposed to be there for.

SWTOR has numerous DPS in same boat, who can't get GF to pop for them.

SOLUTION:

Re-design some that allow greater PERCENTAGE of DPS, so we can also get into ops like Tanks and Heals. Hence my post.

(I called on the phone, and HERE is where THEY TOLD ME to post this. They said it was the appropriate place for my comments.)

I still think your trolling but I will bite and answer your whiny post OP:

1) If you get on daily and like Ops then you have the time to set aside 1 hour per week to do them in a guild. Heck there's a speed run of ravages going on and fastest time is like 24 minutes so far. there are plenty of guilds out there that do spur of the moment raiding or can accommodate your time of your serious

2) I don't know what you have been smoking but comm gear regardless of level is trash. High endurance and low power/crit mods, and higher endurance enhancements. Your gameplay would be much better with token pieces from raids. Rating means nothing. And I have expensive armor too (Tulak Hord's armor was well worth it) and remove those mods from token pieces to put them in my armor.

3) On JC no one ever and never ever used GF for ops except to queue the group. Group was formed on fleet. I just completed another Ravagers pug run on my DPS. I saw 4 different ones yesterday. And a few for ToS.

4) No to DPS raids as there's no way to make it diffiicult.

5) The amount of comms is fine. I'm glad they got rid of the ultimate shower that was the end of 2.0

6) Your posts are full of QQ. The situation is fine.

7) Get good

You want the easy system with a fetish for ultimate comms. BW said its time to change and go back to 2.0. And most aggre.

The end.

Edited by FerkWork

Re-design some that allow greater PERCENTAGE of DPS, so we can also get into ops like Tanks and Heals. Hence my post.

yeah lets drop a more important class like a couple healers, so 2 more dps can join. I mean the its not like you NEED HEALERS more then dime a dozen dps pew pewers, that cant seem to realize the game doesnt revolve around them.

whats so wrong with that:rolleyes:

Hi. I'm not trolling. I'm a Founder. I care about the game. I've called them on the phone, and they said to post this concern here, as they mine it for ideas.

I'm doing what they said was right.

My thinking is that if most people want to play dps, and this is a subscription-for-fun game, then it would encourage people to play if they made more dps slots in GF.

And even if Set Bonus gear is better than Ultimate Com gear, I prefer to work with the UCs. We all play the game our own way. It's what I pay for. :)

OP I think you just need to be patient. I bet even SM SS in ToS has been done with one tank, and the other 4 could from the day content dropped. Someday the number of healers will be fewer too as folks outgear the content. Plus later in the expansion more ops should be released and your options for ults will grow. This is how 1.x and 2.x went.

Regardless I hope they never eliminate tanks/heals from operations beyond what over leveling/out gearing allows.

I also hope they don't further increase raid size. 16m is already too much of a zerg fest. I avoided wildstar in part because group size was beyond my liking.

Hope you've had better luck since your OP. I focus on partial pugs: guild groups looking to fill the last couple slots and have had success in both ops 16m on alts outside normal raid times.

Hi. I'm not trolling. I'm a Founder. I care about the game. I've called them on the phone, and they said to post this concern here, as they mine it for ideas.

I'm doing what they said was right.

My thinking is that if most people want to play dps, and this is a subscription-for-fun game, then it would encourage people to play if they made more dps slots in GF.

And even if Set Bonus gear is better than Ultimate Com gear, I prefer to work with the UCs. We all play the game our own way. It's what I pay for. :)

You know you can rip the token pieces armoring(this contains set bonus) mods and enhancement out of the shells and put them on any shell you want. Heck they can be transferred by legacy. That's nice you want to play that way but your only gimping yourself. If you like to play at sub par level then go ahead but please don't join runs with that gear.

You know you can rip the token pieces armoring(this contains set bonus) mods and enhancement out of the shells and put them on any shell you want. Heck they can be transferred by legacy. That's nice you want to play that way but your only gimping yourself. If you like to play at sub par level then go ahead but please don't join runs with that gear.

You do realise that comm gear is plenty for sm ops, right? You dont need BiS gear for sm ops and the OP does not sound like a person who will do progression anytime soon.

To OP, dont use groupfinder, go to the fleet and check if people are looking for dps in chat. Groupfinder never worked because the players do not use groupfinder to find people.

Well, OP, I am not sure why customer service would direct you to post on the forums after you have called them about an issue. It is their prerogative to see how best they can appeal to the varying needs of their customer base.

In my experience, it is pointless to post about an issue that you are having on any game forum because people are just.... people (trying to be civilized here).

The issue with SWTOR is that once you finish your character's class story then unless you are a hardcore PvP-er or "serious" raider, you might as well unsub and uninstall. And when you come to the forums and say that you wish they an more "agreeable" content, you get flamed because the forums of any game are mostly populated with these hardcore players.

I think people forget that this is a story-driven MMO. it is supposed to be a MMO where the player can immerse himself in the Star Wars fantasy and live that fantasy of being a Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunter, Trooper or whichever sentient in the SW galaxy that you always wanted to be.

So it is a pointless thread but not for the reasons others have pointed out. In the end, it's a monotonous grind for elites comms so you can do level 55 HM FPs. Anything else are for "serious" players who set aside RL stuff to do their job here.

OP, who would want to raid with you when you wont even wear proper set bonus gear?

"Your way" is the WRONG way. No wonder you can't do any raids.

Again you don't need token gear for sm ops. If you think you do, then I would like to know how you cannot beat the current sm tier in non-token gear.

Keep in mind that most of the pugs you meet (including the ones that beat the sm ops) dont use token gear.

OP, who would want to raid with you when you wont even wear proper set bonus gear?

But where do you get the set bonus gear from though? HM Blood Hunt? :D

• 4 weeks later...
I still think your trolling but I will bite and answer your whiny post OP:

1) If you get on daily and like Ops then you have the time to set aside 1 hour per week to do them in a guild. Heck there's a speed run of ravages going on and fastest time is like 24 minutes so far. there are plenty of guilds out there that do spur of the moment raiding or can accommodate your time of your serious

As I've shared, I cannot plan ahead to when I can play. RL has to be my focus. I play when I can get the time, so there is no scheduling with raids or other. For those who have time to schedule this play? Fine. I play whe I can..

2) I don't know what you have been smoking but comm gear regardless of level is trash.

However it is, what I have on me is still better than most I see. I'm one of the higher ones. And my play/gear preference is mychoice, and that's NOT what this thread is about. It's about how SWTOR made it harder for people/me tochase UCs, which is what I pay the subscription for.

3) On JC no one ever and never ever used GF for ops except to queue the group. Group was formed on fleet. I just completed another Ravagers pug run on my DPS. I saw 4 different ones yesterday. And a few for ToS.

4) No to DPS raids as there's no way to make it diffiicult.

Sure there is. It's parameter adjustment.

5) The amount of comms is fine. I'm glad they got rid of the ultimate shower that was the end of 2.0

6) Your posts are full of QQ. The situation is fine.

If it was fine for me, I wouldn't have posted.

The end.

Read inserts above.

REMEMBER: I called, and they said to post here, so I did.

I am one of the recreational players---the 80% who pay subscriptions who keep the game afloat for snobs who put us down. (Kids!)

I work hard, and I play when I can. I pay a subscription. I prefer to chaswe UCs. If I wanted to play like others, I could quit my work and you all could pay my subscription. My fee for playing lke you want is $300 an hour. (Being as ridiculous as you.)

HOWEVER YOU TAKE IT, THE GAME IS A BUSINESS, and my business has seriously fallen off. I Rarely play any more, because I can't get the product I prefer. That's over the head of people who think this play is life. it's just recreation.

Ah, Elitists trying to establish Guilds as the third force within the game. ;)

Because raiding can nowadays be done almost exclusively with guilds anymore - PUGs are frowned upon by Elitists.

Good question, imho.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You get them running OPS, which the OP has no problem running. The OP is complaining about the dearth of UCs given as rewards, and says that they don't want to wear the token gear that drops in ops, just wants to wear UC gear (which is dumb, and is probably what makes it harder for them to find folks to run ops with).

Next time, read the thread before you ask pointless questions.

Read inserts above.

REMEMBER: I called, and they said to post here, so I did.

I am one of the recreational players---the 80% who pay subscriptions who keep the game afloat for snobs who put us down. (Kids!)

I work hard, and I play when I can. I pay a subscription. I prefer to chaswe UCs. If I wanted to play like others, I could quit my work and you all could pay my subscription. My fee for playing lke you want is $300 an hour. (Being as ridiculous as you.)

HOWEVER YOU TAKE IT, THE GAME IS A BUSINESS, and my business has seriously fallen off. I Rarely play any more, because I can't get the product I prefer. That's over the head of people who think this play is life. it's just recreation.

Its not like most people in the pve guilds aren't 24+ with families, work and other responsibilities, yet they have no problem getting few hours a week to do ops. You are a minority, an exception, and supporting them is bad investment.

You get them running OPS, which the OP has no problem running. The OP is complaining about the dearth of UCs given as rewards, and says that they don't want to wear the token gear that drops in ops, just wants to wear UC gear (which is dumb, and is probably what makes it harder for them to find folks to run ops with).

Next time, read the thread before you ask pointless questions.

And next time, you should familiarize yourself with the nuances of the English Language before you make a fool of yourself. Clearly, it was a rhetorical question soaked in sarcasm (hope i don't need to elaborate).

Just a note to the OP:

My advice to you is to get into a rather large raiding/progression guild that is also up for social activities. On the PvE server I play on, there are pletny of guilds like this. SM runs in these kind of guilds don't happen tied to a raid schedule but often just start randomly in guild chat. The schedues are for HM progression teams only and you don't have to join them. And unlike fleet chat, guild chat is available everywhere, so you can do other stuff while waiting for a group to get started in guild chat. Guilds don't just consist of tight schedules and strict rules. They consist of people who also enjoy playing the game. Try to find the right guild for you and you won't have a problem.

EDIT: Even though smaller guilds often have a schedule even for SM runs, it doesn't mean you have any obligation to join them. It is just an orientation trying to get the few people in the guild online around the same time to make starting the ops runs smoother. As long as you are not part of an actual team, it is just up to you if you join or not join these scheduled runs. Only when you are on a team, people expect you to show up every time.

Edited by Rithoma