Heavy input lag on Star Forge server

Perhaps the physical McDonald is stuck with that porthole-on-the-door. Networking in a top tier data center is generally more flexible with multiple providers.

Unfortunately we don't know what choices they faced, they might have used the best equipment inside their compound/building, but just out there, where people jump to hit the BW routes are crap, and BW can't do anything because it's not theirs. Same as M's could have a perfectly tarmacked drive way, drive through, parking area, but right outside their door is pothole hell. The road outside belongs to the government, so it's possible they can complain. But using your analogy, the road outside might belong to a private company , who don't care if you complain, or worse say they are taking notice and passing the report to their bug team, and it's being looked at......

Right. Now I don't know whether it's BW who copy the zealot guardians or the fans who take clue from BW.

I don't know how long you've been in game, or on the forums, but you're accusing people you know nothing about. A lot of the people who help with these issues are extremely vocal and hard on BW and their mistakes and issues.

They point out the network issues, with possible fixes, as most of the time, it turns out to be the persons route, not the actual BW servers. Sure there are issues, but if you read the forums, you'd see most are sorted out because the issue is with the players.

Edited by DarkTergon

• 1 month later...

Still an issue as of the timestamp on this post, and it's been an issue ever since I came back to the game a few months ago. Honestly, if there were ANY other mmos out there that I wasn't bored to tears with, this issue would cause me to leave the game again.

Input lag is garbage from keybinds, but I can click on an icon and things will fire off just fine with no delay. Unfortunately, playing the game by icon-clicking eliminates all but very casual gameplay -- operations are basically out of the question, which is why I came back in the first place. Also the overall lag of the game is garbage too. I've lost count of how many times I've hit the rocketboots (which always seems to trigger a lag spike) and blasted right off a ledge because the game hangs on me.

This does not happen in ANY other game I play, including mmos with more players and which are a lot bigger resource hogs. This is exclusively a SWTOR thing and I don't know what to think other than the servers are garbage now because of the load from the additional steam players. I don't care what it is, fix it. The game has a chance of regaining popularity again with the recent expansions and the steam release, but if everyone else is having similar problems, you're going to lose a lot of players as soon as a new mmo is released.

Still an issue as of the timestamp on this post, and it's been an issue ever since I came back to the game a few months ago. Honestly, if there were ANY other mmos out there that I wasn't bored to tears with, this issue would cause me to leave the game again.

Input lag is garbage from keybinds, but I can click on an icon and things will fire off just fine with no delay. Unfortunately, playing the game by icon-clicking eliminates all but very casual gameplay -- operations are basically out of the question, which is why I came back in the first place. Also the overall lag of the game is garbage too. I've lost count of how many times I've hit the rocketboots (which always seems to trigger a lag spike) and blasted right off a ledge because the game hangs on me.

This does not happen in ANY other game I play, including mmos with more players and which are a lot bigger resource hogs. This is exclusively a SWTOR thing and I don't know what to think other than the servers are garbage now because of the load from the additional steam players. I don't care what it is, fix it. The game has a chance of regaining popularity again with the recent expansions and the steam release, but if everyone else is having similar problems, you're going to lose a lot of players as soon as a new mmo is released.

Let me break it down so I understand. Clicking has no input lag but using keybinds has input lag?

Is that correct?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Input lag is garbage from keybinds, but I can click on an icon and things will fire off just fine with no delay.

This does not make sense unless there's some problem with your keyboard, or with any keyboard software you're using.

To check, I would test it out using another keyboard and uninstalling any keyboard software you have. Also disable your anti-virus. There's the possibility that keystrokes are being delayed by some software.

Better yet, try running SWTOR on a different computer. It could be a friend's computer that already has SWTOR installed. Just log in with your username and password.

As noted in the other thread, I have been testing my connection to the server via the use of a VPN to log in "from" various cities across the country. More or less no matter what city the VPN is in, I get the same problem: all of my hops are fine until the IP 159.153.92.98, which is an IP operated by Electronic Arts. Even if I try to log into the EU servers, which are located in Ireland, I *still* have the same thing: all my hops are fine until a node operated by Electronic Arts that is a hop or two from the server. Also, this only happens during primetime each night. The rest of the day it's fine.

The only VPN location I can choose which seems to give a stable connection is Washington DC, which on one level makes sense (at least for the US server) because it's very close to the game's servers in Virginia, but on another level seems to support my hypothesis: whatever is going on is something extremely close to the game's servers.

I also notice that when I first had this problem a month ago there were very few of us complaining, but this week - when it's been many, many times worse than a month ago - there are many more people complaining about the same thing.