So you're the top Player, can you beat the top Sorc?

Boops

The thing is yes, utilizing kiting tatics, LOS and knowing when to mez the opponent as full madness can net you a win against most players and classes. The problem lies in that it takes you so long to do this, so it isn't very practical in a warzone. I takes around 45 seconds to beat most classes as a dps sage. You have to spend the time kiting to make your opponent waste his cooldowns so you can burst them yourself. Sadly this lack of burst hurts the SAGE/SORC in warzones too, and there is no good force management mechanic for full madness.

Yes a sage can beat a sniper utilizing LOS in a warzone, but the amount of time you must spend to kill a sniper using this manner is ridiculous. Any class can abuse the weakness of the sniper by using LOS, but that far from means the sniper is bad class nor that the sorcerer class is fine because of LOS.

Ya balance has resource issues if your going full dps, which is why I do hybrid most of the time.

Balance needs some type of way to do burst. Like make FIB use up all your dots for huge damage.

Sorc is not bad 1v1 at all. I experience difficulties in winning against few specs overall. Here is what i think about it:

- merc/mando

well, i guess sorc is one of the most desirable enemies for them (we're not melee at least). although most of mandos i've seen so far were whether quite bad or heals, but i've seen good ones, apparently able to win a duel. Frankly didn't have pure duels with'em.

- pt/vg

worse for hybrid, in my experience they are 1v1able by madness. If there are obstacles to LOS (like side turrets at civil war) it makes duel pretty easy for sorc, in open it's harder, but still pretty fine for madness

- sniper

as said above, if you can't LOS you'll 100% lose, being able to LOS in my experience makes unbelievable win of sniper. Though as was said above it's not helpful in capping objective - takes enough time for backup to arrive.

- mara

rage is easily 1v1 by both hybrid and madness, as well as carnage and annihilation. Carnage is closer to win because of burst phase - if you eat it you will probably lose this duel. So pushing back, stunning these phases is "Must DO".

- jugg

may be vengeance or tank/vengeance hybrid could cause some problems, but for sure not pure tank and rage

- assassin

in my duels it was mostly 40% winning against them in all specs except pure tank assassin with stacked power (0% chance to win against him so far). every other spec is counterable by both hybrid and madness, but sins are all really good against sorcs and i wouldn't bet for winning any of them.

Summary: didn't list operatives and sorcs for few reasons - didn't duel operatives recently at all (even in wzs), and sorc vs sorc is not a subject of the topic.

And of course, though i mentioned that some specs are easily counterable by sorc (like mara rage for example), it doesn't mean sorcs wins 100%, but it's apparently at least 50+% chance to win + there are always exceptions. I won many duels against good maras and sents, but there are few of them horrifying me in wzs as much as i'm not sure if i will be able to win them 1v1 at all - everyone's skills have its limits so as mine do

I'm pretty sure the problem with dps sorcerers isn't 1v1. The problem is when they get dogpiled by dps, they have no real defensive to pop to mitigate damage from multiple sources and they die instantly. In warzones, their design is great for going in between nodes, because of sprint, but really when it comes to trying to keep one alive, they have to sprint kite to avoid damage and when they do that, they have to range the objective a lot of the time, leaving it vulnerable to caps, etc. They also become worse when other sorcerers are around, because they can't shield each other. No other class has this problem.

...stay mobile, know your big combo, and keep a heal handy. That will keep you top 3 in medals, damage, and kills, in any warzone as a sorc. Whatever you do, don't listen to conventional wisdom. Back pedaling is fine to give distance so you can avoid pushback and interrupts to drop crushing and affliction on a target. Then spam lighting like a madman. I note a lot of disinformation still out there regarding not using keyboarding and clicking , which can mainly be attributed to players who's only previous experience would be WOW. Avoid advice from this crowd and you will have loads of fun on your sorc and be successful.