PvP Gear Min/Maxing or: How I Learned to Love Champ Gear

TheRabbit

Thanks for your work, it's a good summary of a lot of things I've been reading in different threads.

I think that respectfully disagreeing with the OP and indicating why, with your supporting information, is great, and that's how we increase our knowledge of the game. Some of the responses in this thread are a little bit nit-picky and hostile to be of any use.

We're all here to learn, noone gets a cookie for being the best trooper forums poster so focus on educating yourself and others, and not flaming over what are fairly unimportant points that are solved by improving your reading comprehension.

Thanks again.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any insight on Matrix Cube vs 2nd BM relic? You get the main stat increase and with proper combat management, you can swap out BM relics inbetween fights to use both within the 2min CD.

For optimal damage, it seems like 2 Rakata Implants+Matrix+11 BM would be better than 2 Rakata Implants+1 Rakata Belt+11 BM. But I haven't done the math so I'm not sure if the Matrix would be better. Just speculation because of the main stat increase.

Edited by Alwaysx

Just wanted to say that for Commando Gunnery at least everybody should use 2x Columni/Raktata for the set bonus. 15% crit on Grav Round is pretty much better then whatever stat bonus you would gain by switching out other pieces (implants/belt/earpiece/etcetc..)

Great somebody put up the numbers for this. Thanks a lot.

Btw, does crit % from Aim get diminishing returns as well?

Btw, does crit % from Aim get diminishing returns as well?

The crit chance does, the damage bonus does not.

For optimal damage, it seems like 2 Rakata Implants+Matrix+11 BM would be better than 2 Rakata Implants+1 Rakata Belt+11 BM. But I haven't done the math so I'm not sure if the Matrix would be better. Just speculation because of the main stat increase.

Wow, yes it is significantly better. Obviously you lose the triggered abilities from the BM cubes, but as you said, if you switch them around while they're on cooldown it doesn't really matter. I think I'm going to have to go grab those 3 blue shards now.

Edited by TheRabbit

Rakata main hand weapons are currently broken. While I'm not familiar with the actual stats on a BM Main hand, if they are properly scaled to be a power rating 140 then they are you best option. I don't know. You'll want to take a look at the difference between stats on a columi mainhand and a battlemaster, but as of right now rakata class main hands are equivelent to tionese for everything except color crystal.

Aim for 550 Expertise, 150 Accuracy, 300 Crit, 300 Surge, 300 Power and use your Power adrenals and relics like they're going out of style. Laugh as often as possible at people with 700 Expertise.

You can skip accuracy completely if you use mostly tech attacks

Rakata main hand weapons are currently broken. While I'm not familiar with the actual stats on a BM Main hand, if they are properly scaled to be a power rating 140 then they are you best option. I don't know. You'll want to take a look at the difference between stats on a columi mainhand and a battlemaster, but as of right now rakata class main hands are equivelent to tionese for everything except color crystal.

I said that in my OP:

The best "bang for your buck" would be Mainhand and the 2 implants. However, the Mainhand rakata weapon's are currently bugged and have terrible stats and damage.

If you have them, rakata bracer and belt with augment slots provide +42 and +49 aim respectively over battlemaster.

I wasn't aware of the bracer and belt being able to be crit crafted. Have you seen ones with augment slots? If they are able to have augments fitted into them that would be a HUGE increase over the BM equivalents (but would obviously require getting your armor crafting skill up to 400 and getting insanely lucky with a crit craft).

Edited by TheRabbit

I said that in my OP:

I wasn't aware of the bracer and belt being able to be crit crafted. Have you seen ones with augment slots? If they are able to have augments fitted into them that would be a HUGE increase over the BM equivalents (but would obviously require getting your armor crafting skill up to 400 and getting insanely lucky with a crit craft).

I did that this weekend, crit the bracers first try, crit the belt after 10 (ugh).

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9168/screenshot2012013114494.jpg

http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/9168/screenshot2012013114494.jpg

That's definately the best in slot for waist/wrist in that case. I am not looking forward to all the farming you just made me put on my todo list.

Going to edit my OP with that info.

That's definately the best in slot for waist/wrist in that case. I am not looking forward to all the farming you just made me put on my todo list.

Going to edit my OP with that info.

Just another thought that I just had. If/when Bioware makes the end game items fully modifiable, that will pretty much make crafted mainhand weapons with an Augment slot the new BIS item as well.

Pro-tip, start stocking up on crit crafted modifiable weapons.

So I guess BiS is:

11 BM + (Crit) Rakata Bracers + (Crit) Rakata Belt + Matrix.

However, for Biochem users/etc. who can't have the BOP crit Rakata gear, BiS would be:

11 BM + 2 Rakata Implants/Belt + Matrix.

And then you adjust your mods according to your class/spec.

Edited by Alwaysx

So I guess BiS is:

11 BM + (Crit) Rakata Bracers + (Crit) Rakata Belt + Matrix.

However, for Biochem users/etc. who can't have the BOP crit Rakata gear, BiS would be:

11 BM + 2 Rakata Implants/Belt + Matrix.

And then you adjust your mods according to your class/spec.

I'm currently farming up a bunch of biochem mats so that I can switch to armormech once I get a few more alloys saved up. Then I'll crit myself a belt and a bracer and switch back to biochem.

No point in doing it unless you're doing it right, eh?

I'm currently farming up a bunch of biochem mats so that I can switch to armormech once I get a few more alloys saved up. Then I'll crit myself a belt and a bracer and switch back to biochem.

No point in doing it unless you're doing it right, eh?

I guess. I wonder how long it'll take to level Synthweaving/Armormech to 400, farm enough BCA to get both crit'd gear, unlearn it, and relevel Biochem to 400. I wouldn't mind spending even 1 mil for this process, but the most annoying part will probably be getting all them BCAs.

If it takes too long, it might not be worth it, considering that they might make some changes. For example, it doesn't make sense for Rakata Biochem stuff to require Biochem 400, but for Rakata Synthweaving/Armormech gear to not require S/A 400. I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented such a change on S/A so the whole switch would be rendered mute. I'm rooting for you though!

Edited by Alwaysx

Thanks Op. Very cool. I look forward to using this as I get my Vanguard geared better.. still in piecemeal champ/cent. (Too many alts, 11-49 pvp ftw!).

I agree with the other posters that pvp gear is still better for pvp in a group setting. Mitigation -- natural/buff, expertise, and especially coupled with ability (guard/taunt/temp buff/etc.) -- is still the winner in group pvp. Remember mitigation+healing scales exponentially as you get more of both.

I agree with the other posters that pvp gear is still better for pvp in a group setting. Mitigation -- natural/buff, expertise, and especially coupled with ability (guard/taunt/temp buff/etc.) -- is still the winner in group pvp. Remember mitigation+healing scales exponentially as you get more of both.

Meh, even in a group, I'd say it depends on your role. If you're playing as the super hard-hitter that's protecting the ball carrier in Huttball, then you won't be focused that much so you would be concentrating entirely on min/maxing your damage. As another example, I play a Burst Assassin in my premades, so I'm all about maxing my damage to burst down targets as quickly as possible.

I was biochem before I switched to armormech to make the crit bracer and belt. It took about 300k spent to level armormech to 400 just solely sending out companions on scavenging missions. Took about 1 day to do so (crafting non-blues only takes about 2 minutes a craft, with 5 companions it goes quickly). It took about another million in mandalorian iron (stuff is 10k+ per on my server) to get the belt critical, I hit bracer first try and belt on 10th but I've heard of people doing 15+ belts with no critical.

Leveled biochem again today, total investment has been about 1.6 million.

I don't know how much I agree. Switching from BM gear to Rakata is only 18-24 willpower and 10-15 endurance. The only pve piece I will probably use is crit rakata belt with surge augment.

It's not like you're gaining secondary stats by using the pve gear. I think you can get away with a few pieces for sure though.

The accuracy thing was interesting. I have 10% nearly just from PvP mods, maybe I need to use some of the T2 mods with crit/surge instead, I already have 32% crit unbuffed though... sigh

Edited by Nocorras

I was biochem before I switched to armormech to make the crit bracer and belt. It took about 300k spent to level armormech to 400 just solely sending out companions on scavenging missions. Took about 1 day to do so (crafting non-blues only takes about 2 minutes a craft, with 5 companions it goes quickly). It took about another million in mandalorian iron (stuff is 10k+ per on my server) to get the belt critical, I hit bracer first try and belt on 10th but I've heard of people doing 15+ belts with no critical.

Leveled biochem again today, total investment has been about 1.6 million.

Only thing I'm worried about is farming all that BCA. It took me forever just to get the 3 for Rakata Medpac, Adrenal, Stim. Maybe when I hit about 20 BCA stocked up, I'll switch over and then switch back.

[Jedi Shadow] Full Battlemaster vs 3x Rakata pieces

Intro

I gave it try to calculate the exact damage increase when using 3 rakata pieces instead of full Battlemaster. I made this for Shadow/Assassin Specificly but It probably is pretty accurate for other dps classes too.

Full Battlemaster stats:

1250 willpower

700 expertise (12,62%)

474 crit rating

459 average weapon damage

+46 bonus damage from strength & power

3x Rakata stats

1355 willpower

550 expertise (10.87%)

474 crit rating

459 average weapon damage

+46 bonus damage from strength & power

32 more endurance than full BM

Full battlemaster damage

Damage bonus from willpower = willpower * 0.2 = 1250 * 0.2 = 250

Actual Damage = Expertise bonus*(weapon damage+strength&power bonus+willpower bonus)=

1.1262*(459+46+250) = 850.5 Damage

3x Rakata damage

Damage bonus from willpower = willpower * 0.2 = 1355 * 0.2 = 271

Actual Damage = Expertise bonus*(weapon damage+strength&power bonus+willpower bonus)=

1.1087*(459+46+271)= 860.3 Damage

Full Battlemaster crit chance

Crit Chance % = 5 + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / max(Level,20) ) / 2.5 ) ) + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.45 ) ) =

5+30*(1-(1-(0,01/0,3))^((1250/50)/2.5))+30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((474/50)/0.45))=

28,32% crit chance

3x Rakata crit chance

Crit Chance % = 5 + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / max(Level,20) ) / 2.5 ) ) + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.45 ) ) =

5+30*(1-(1-(0,01/0,3))^((1355/50)/2.5))+30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((474/50)/0.45))=

29,22% crit chance

Conclusion

The 3x Rakata set compared to full BM will give you ~

+1% overall damage

+1% crit chance

+32 endurance

-1,75% damage reduction

Which set is better? You decide!

Notes

The 3 pieces used for these calculation are:

-Mastercraft Rakata Stalker's Bracers with +28 willpower augment

-Mastercraft Rakata Stalker's waistwrap with + 28 willpower augment

- Rakata Stalker's Implant

Formulas used:

-PvP Bonus from Expertise:

Bonus % = 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( Expertise / max(Level,20) ) / 0.72 ) )

-Crit Chance:

Crit Chance % = 5 + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( PrimaryStat / max(Level,20) ) / 2.5 ) ) + 30 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.3 ) )^( ( CritRating / max(Level,20) ) / 0.45 ) )

-Willpower Bonus Damage:

Strength/Willpower/Aim/Cunning Damage Bonus = (Strength or Willpower or Aim or Cunning) * 0.2

If you notice any mistakes, let me know. This is the first time I try to calculate something like this.

Leah

Dxun Battle Circle EU

Matrix > Rakata Implant as a switch. Matrix=+58, Implant=+21.

EDIT: I compared every single Rakata vs BM piece and here's my results. (I can only confirm this for Tier 3 Stalker's gear, so I'm not sure if this is true for other Tier 3 gears.)

Also, they finally buffed up the Rakata weapon this patch, so we'll have to see how it compares. However, I doubt that the Rakata weapon will contend with the top 3, seeing how the increases are just so high.

Rakata/Matrix vs BM Gear Rankings

Matrix: +58

Crit'd Belt: +49 [+21, +28/31/34 (Augment)] - Synthweaving/Armormech

Crit'd Bracer: +42 [+14, +28/31/34 (Augment)] - Synthweaving/Armormech

Weapon: ?

Chest, Boots: +28

Crit'd Relic: +28 [+28/31/34 (Augment)] - Artifice

Belt, Implants, Offhand: +21

Helm, Gloves, Legs: +18

Bracer, Ear: +14

Relic: +0

[Crafting] Crew Skills for Patch 1.1.2. This is with respect to gameplay and is not concerned with the profitability of the professions.

Synthweaving/Armormech: Crit'd Rakata Wrist & Belt. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Artifice: Crit'd Relic. No profession-lock on equipping, so you can unlearn afterwards.

Biochem: Useless. Only benefit is reusability of consumables.

Armstech: Useless.

Cybertech: Contains the only unique, profession-locked item (grenades).

Edited by Alwaysx