Order 66 T_T

Enderzeit

Probably the people being slaughtered. I imagine they would shed a tear or two.

I was more sighing in frustration at having seen that coming from miles away with flashing neon signs yet the "wise and powerful" Jedi were about as clueless as a lobotomised Lemming.

I shouted "B.S" through it all.

Those Jedi Masters were showed to be all uber in the EU and they went out like chumps.

It was a disservice to them all.

The youngster at the Jedi Temple speeder landing pad took out more Troopers than all those Jedi Masters.

I guess that's because that was GL's son.

Edited by Quiet

The reason these masters went down like they did is simple, they were complacent, notice Yoda and his vigilance. He was ready for what was coming. Obi Wan got very lucky no question about it. Do try to remember some did survive, if you subscribe tot he EU anyway. SOME out there do not accept the EU as a soft cannon. At least some people I know don't. Back to my point, these Jedi were leading these troopers for so long they came to become complacent in their relationships with them, dropping their guard to them, which was insanely stupid considering the fact that in Mace Windu's own words "our ability to use the force has been diminished". I'm no fan of Palpatine's empire but in times like that how could anyone afford to drop their guard around soldiers that were basically bio droids. Not to mention the mysterious circumstances leading tot he creation of the clone army. Duh a Jedi Master who died ten years before the war came (not saying the political issues leading to the war weren't there when Tyranus went to Kamino and created the army, and if my fact there is wrong please correct me.) But A jedi went there created a secret army for the republic that had no army for sevral centuries? Without real approval from either the Jedi council or the senate? It just has bad idea written all over it to trust the clones implicitly. The Jedi played right into Palpatine's hand. All but a few anyway.

One more thought, if you read the Darth Vader novel. The Emperor instructs him to travel to Cato Nemodia to deal with a Jedi that was no killed by his troopers, sitting contagion as the reason. The troopers felt loyalty to the Jedi and gave him a head start so he could potentially escape. Which raises alot of questions about the effectiveness of Kamino mind programming. I would have expected that from Commander Cody for Obi Wan but as we all so in the movie, it was not the case.

The reason these masters went down like they did is simple, they were complacent, notice Yoda and his vigilance. He was ready for what was coming. Obi Wan got very lucky no question about it. Do try to remember some did survive, if you subscribe tot he EU anyway. SOME out there do not accept the EU as a soft cannon. At least some people I know don't. Back to my point, these Jedi were leading these troopers for so long they came to become complacent in their relationships with them, dropping their guard to them, which was insanely stupid considering the fact that in Mace Windu's own words "our ability to use the force has been diminished". I'm no fan of Palpatine's empire but in times like that how could anyone afford to drop their guard around soldiers that were basically bio droids. Not to mention the mysterious circumstances leading tot he creation of the clone army. Duh a Jedi Master who died ten years before the war came (not saying the political issues leading to the war weren't there when Tyranus went to Kamino and created the army, and if my fact there is wrong please correct me.) But A jedi went there created a secret army for the republic that had no army for sevral centuries? Without real approval from either the Jedi council or the senate? It just has bad idea written all over it to trust the clones implicitly. The Jedi played right into Palpatine's hand. All but a few anyway.

I don't think it's that simple, not when you factor in the Clone Wars series.

These Jedi have worked alongside their troops for, in some cases, YEARS. I can see getting blindsided by the Order 66 event, even if just for a few seconds.

Now, should they have been suspicious of the incredibly convenient clone army at the start? Absolutely, but by the time the betrayal comes, I could see all but the most pessimistic and suspicious Jedi being caught at least a little unaware.

Then again, IITS -- It's In The Script. The Jedi were caught flatfooted and slaughtered because they had to be in setting the stage for "A New Hope."

Want to really get depressed? Aside from Anakin, Windu, and the other members of the Council that went to arrest Palpatine (since they directly opposed him, or in Anakin's case at least was there for the event), all those Jedi killed by their troops were still loyal to the Republic and likely died never knowing why they were being killed.

It's sad to see, but you're right, there were so many precautions that could have been taken.

Hell, I often wonder why the Republic didn't just let the Separatists LEAVE. Better to see worlds leave the Republic at the stroke of a pen in some kind of treaty recognizing them as their own soverign entity than through years of bloody civil war.

Take it and run,

I don't think it's that simple, not when you factor in the Clone Wars series.

These Jedi have worked alongside their troops for, in some cases, YEARS. I can see getting blindsided by the Order 66 event, even if just for a few seconds.

Now, should they have been suspicious of the incredibly convenient clone army at the start? Absolutely, but by the time the betrayal comes, I could see all but the most pessimistic and suspicious Jedi being caught at least a little unaware.

Then again, IITS -- It's In The Script. The Jedi were caught flatfooted and slaughtered because they had to be in setting the stage for "A New Hope."

Want to really get depressed? Aside from Anakin, Windu, and the other members of the Council that went to arrest Palpatine (since they directly opposed him, or in Anakin's case at least was there for the event), all those Jedi killed by their troops were still loyal to the Republic and likely died never knowing why they were being killed.

It's sad to see, but you're right, there were so many precautions that could have been taken.

Hell, I often wonder why the Republic didn't just let the Separatists LEAVE. Better to see worlds leave the Republic at the stroke of a pen in some kind of treaty recognizing them as their own soverign entity than through years of bloody civil war.

Take it and run,

You answered it yourself - IITS. Maybe, like Kazahkstan, one of the Seperatist worlds if the greatest exporter of potassium, and all other worlds have inferior potassium?

Movie trumps everything in this point. But another poster is making my point for me. The Jedi generals fought for some time with the clones, they became close. They trusted an army that had a mysterious creation. It seems like a bad idea to me, but I am one person and it is just my oppinion.

I cried in relief, 3 movies released which effectively accomplished nothing but generate a pre-fixed railroad of events that HAVE to occur to match the last three.

We know whats going to happen so any suspense is lost and Lucas cant write or direct drama worth garbage at this point hence why the films are special effect demo reels with appalling dialogue.

It takes a special kind of idiot to discover a secret army has been created... without your approval during a hunt which has discovered a conspiracy against the Jedi... only to ignore and drop that investigation.

The end result of them getting killed is justified. Might qualify for a Darwin Award.

The stupid were culled and the rest of the genepool was better for it.

Take it and run,

Umm Darth Sidious is why, he states "i will not allow this Republic that has stood for more than a thousand years fall" refering to growing Separatist movement.

Sidious played both sides, he got both sides to go to war over nothing but their fears. Personally i think that is EPIC Dark Side style really.

personally, "order 66" souds too corny... i mean sure, it sounds okay as a place holder... but really?

this is a jedi purge... something more dark/sinister sounding might have been better

execute the culling of knights

execute the fall of the light

execute order dark embrance

execute prop 8

anything would had sounded more evil...

I shouted "B.S" through it all.

Those Jedi Masters were showed to be all uber in the EU and they went out like chumps.

It was a disservice to them all.

The youngster at the Jedi Temple speeder landing pad took out more Troopers than all those Jedi Masters.

I guess that's because that was GL's son.

Crappy writing, like all of the movies have :(

personally, "order 66" souds too corny... i mean sure, it sounds okay as a place holder... but really?

this is a jedi purge... something more dark/sinister sounding might have been better

execute the culling of knights

execute the fall of the light

execute order dark embrance

execute prop 8

anything would had sounded more evil...

Hm... Yes... Go my evil minions... And executed Order... DARK EMBRACE MUAHAHAHAHA!!! That's not corny? Please...

Orders were number coded, and in order to prevent them from being found out, he had to make it just like every other order.

It's not like the way it was worded was meant to sound malicious, when it was being taught to the Troopers, it was more like "should the Jedi attempt to seize control of the Republic, eliminate them then and there."

Anyhow, it's like someone said, they had been working with these clones for YEARS, and in the midst of battle, like with Ki-Adi-Mundi and Pon Krell, they were in the middle of fighting the last few battles of the Clone Wars, and suddenly, their own men are firing at them? It's not like they had a forewarning...

Meanwhile, Mace Windu's little Jedi posse did go down like chumps though.