Most powerful sith from the movies?

cesmode

So, I have a question... At the end of the prequals, Lord Sidious says that Darth Vader will become more powerful than either him or Yoda. Whether or not that was a script-hiccup or not, I dont know.

Well, Out of the 6 movies, which sith do you thnk was the most powerful? Obviously, I think it was sidious, but if annikan was the chosen one, shouldn't he have grown more powerful than anyone? He really only figured out how to do a force choke since he became sith.

I dont know...for someone who was supposed to be the chosen one, all powerful, whatever...he seemed quite week. I think Douku was way more powerful than he.

By far.

thoughts?

What's this chosen one? All I know is that Anakin was powerful and was Luke's dad. I'd say that that line (Wherever you heard it, never heard it before) was probably just sideous' way of seducing Vader. The thing I don't get is why; Vader was already seduced starting at episode 1: A new Hope.

EDIT: Oh, and who's Dooku?

Edited by Zunayson

Sidious is the most powerful and he did not die in the last movie.

He uses clones when he dies the new spirit gets transfered to a new body.

Vader became a Dark Lord in hopes to learn this from Sidious but he kept it from him.

Sidious is considered a Diabolical genius! Google him its a pretty good read.

As I understand it, Anakin was the chosen one, and he did bring balance to the Force. Just not in the way that anyone really expected. By having his relationship with Padme, they produced two children, one that incited a rebellion against the Empire, and one that overthrew the Emperor. They eradicated the Dark side of the Force from the galaxy. For a little bit, anyway.

IMO....Dooku was pathetic. I prefer my Dark Lords to dominate people. Not try to mislead them by saying, ''no, no, i'm really on your side.''

I believe that the Enormous reign of the Emperor and his sick abilities make him the best candidate for Most Powerful Sith from the Movies

Vader havent done anything spectacular. He actualy never fullfilled his maximum. On the other hand he finished th Purge and defeated some Jedi heavyweights. He was the reason why Palpatine died for the first time. As a Sith he probably never was stronger as Palpatine but he reached the ultimate feat as Jedi by becoming one with the Force.

One can to theoretize that the reason why he never reached his true potentional was Palpatine himself. As true puppet master Palpatine always look for best and strongest apprentice he could get and after he got "damaged goods" in Anakin after Mustafar we can see many times in EU that he was testing Vader agaist his potentional replacements and he was ready to throw him away in instant for Luke.

And we can also theoretize that the suit Vader was using was far from flawless because Vader tried many times to heal himself completely and it is the strange fact that somebody so powerfull was not able to do so.

And there are even some hints that loosing like 1/3 of his body cost him in "force strenght" but that just specualtion.

So, I have a question... At the end of the prequals, Lord Sidious says that Darth Vader will become more powerful than either him or Yoda. Whether or not that was a script-hiccup or not, I dont know.

Well, Out of the 6 movies, which sith do you thnk was the most powerful? Obviously, I think it was sidious, but if annikan was the chosen one, shouldn't he have grown more powerful than anyone? He really only figured out how to do a force choke since he became sith.

I dont know...for someone who was supposed to be the chosen one, all powerful, whatever...he seemed quite week. I think Douku was way more powerful than he.

By far.

thoughts?

It was Sidious, Lucas himself said it. And yes it could've been Anakin/Vader, but he never reached his max, he was like 80% as powerfull as sidious.

And come on Dooku stronger by far? Anakin wooped his *** :p.

this shouldn't even be a debate.

it's obviously sidious. if you know your SW lore, Vader's ability to use the force was dumbed down by his injuries in the fight against obi-wan. he lost his full true potential as a sith.

sidious was always the master, and as far as the movies go, probably the most powerful force-user after all. he hid himself amongst the jedi on coruscant, trained up several jedi-annihilating apprentices, turned the 'chosen one' to the freaking dark side, and even made yoda back down, who is the ONLY other force user that you could possibly say rivals sidious.

and don't try the "well mace windu had him beat" arguement, because he never had him beat. sidious put himself in that position to make anakin make his final judgement, and he did EXACTLY what sidious wanted him to do.

and in the end, In True Sith Fashion, he his killed by his own apprentice. but then he kinda comes back a few times, lol. true that his resurrection (and seduction of luke skywalker to the dark side) happened outside of the movies, but it just goes to show that he is that dang powerful.

And there are even some hints that loosing like 1/3 of his body cost him in "force strenght" but that just specualtion.

Actually, the current official story per the novels state exactly this, as Jacen learned it in his fall to the dark side. That's the reason Vader couldn't use force lightning, for example. He was more machine than man, and his abilities were extremely hindered when he fell victim to the lava.