<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

lilpete

So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They nerfed scoundrel - THE least popular class in this game and nowhere near the strongest. So no class is safe here

Sage would be a very bad move. Them, along with Mercs are most likely next on the nerf-bat list. Although I seen a video yesterday of a Jugg doing over 9k AOE crits back to back non-stop. Yes, that's on youtube just search for it. As for the Scoundrel, I feel you. I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later. No one wants us in groups, everyone laughs at us in PvP. I've already unsubbed and I have 13 days left before my account becomes inactive. I honestly have no more fight left in me over this. It's a sad, and harsh reality that Bioware is going to continue to do this until this game becomes nothing but a memory.

Sage would be a very bad move. Them, along with Mercs are most likely next on the nerf-bat list. Although I seen a video yesterday of a Jugg doing over 9k AOE crits back to back non-stop. Yes, that's on youtube just search for it. As for the Scoundrel, I feel you. I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later. No one wants us in groups, everyone laughs at us in PvP. I've already unsubbed and I have 13 days left before my account becomes inactive. I honestly have no more fight left in me over this. It's a sad, and harsh reality that Bioware is going to continue to do this until this game becomes nothing but a memory.

I was really hoping not to hear this, but I think you're right. One would think with all the games coming out this year that they would have handled this kinda stuff more professionally. I think I'm going to probably just bail myself, or maybe just roll a Sage until GW2.

Shaman, Windfury is broken.

First they took my zerking.

Then they took my Wind Fury...

...Season 4, dark times indeed to be a Troll of Shazams. I suppose i didn't use WF enough anyway.

( Since it's bothering people )

For what i think Bioware will do:

My money is on Assassins/Shadows.

Then Gunslingers and Snipers.

Then Scoundrels and Ops again.

Then they'll "adjust" Sages/Sorcs and both BH/Troop ACs.

What i'd roll to avoid nerfs? Sentinel or Marauder.

There, i editted for clarification.

Sorted.

Edited by Avianpixie

...Season 4, dark times indeed to be a Troll of Shazams. I suppose i didn't use WF enough anyway.

I say adjust...

I don't mean nerf.

Why would Assassins/Shadows get nerfed? That's one of two classes that I can actually kill sometimes 1v1 now. Sages are way too over-powered and anyone that's a Sage gets begged to be in a FP, or OP. Who wouldn't want a healer that not only can out heal everyone in the game, but cast 4-6k nukes in between? I'd say if the Sage doesn't get nerfed, then someone there at BW is playing them and is just too stubborn to fix them.

I say adjust...

I don't mean nerf.

Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?

hmm, we need to predict this with some real thought.

nerfing operatives/scoundrels made the sages/sorcerers even more OP, and removing the paper to the bounty hunter/trooper's rock.

nerfing assassins/shadows will add to these things even more, but make then once again a target for operatives/scoundrels

bioware will never nerf sages/sorcerers because the fans of the OP will rage, and those are their advertising classes.

with all that being said, we can probably expect a nerf to bounty hunters/ troopers

Why would Assassins/Shadows get nerfed? That's one of two classes that I can actually kill sometimes 1v1 now. Sages are way too over-powered and anyone that's a Sage gets begged to be in a FP, or OP. Who wouldn't want a healer that not only can out heal everyone in the game, but cast 4-6k nukes in between? I'd say if the Sage doesn't get nerfed, then someone there at BW is playing them and is just too stubborn to fix them.

'Coz when you see them nerfing scoundrel, you should know that they don't pick the strongest/overpowered to nerf. Scoundrel is the class that should be BUFFED, by any means, yet they got nerfed.

we can probably expect a nerf to bounty hunters/ troopers

It seems unlikely that Bioware would nerf their "Beginner Friendly" Class.

Sages and Sorcerers are a crowd favourite so i doubt they'll get hit.

Assassins and Shadows are popular enough to be noticed by the masses, but not so popular people would blindly leap to their defense. They're also the highest on the list of hybrid specs.

Snipers and Gunslingers deal out heavy damage while maintaining a fairly high level/attention cap. People who play them well, will likely persist against any nerf that might befall them, making them an easy target.

Scoundrels and Operatives are still being hated on, so i don't doubt they will eventually be mauled by Bioware again and become nothing but a battered, abused, casualty of war.

This is what i expect from Bioware.

Please note: I do not believe any classes specifically need a buff or nerf, this is merely my prediction on Bioware's stupidity.

Edited by Avianpixie

Assassins Gunslingers and Scoundrels? When Mercs are spamming Tracer missle with back to back 4k crits, Juggs doing 9k aoe crits back to back, Sages healing to full in 2.2 seconds and ****** anyone that touches them? Really?

FUll columi and full battlemaster BH MERC ARSENAL here

Never in my life have i seen a 4k TM crit exept a heavy debuffed target and relic+adrenal up.

normal TM crits are 2.2 to 2.8k

relic + adrenal 2.8k to 3.4k.

The only thing they have to change about TMS ar the stacking heatseakers marks, with 2 BH's hiting the same target + relic + adrenal i crited a guy for 8.2k

If a Sorc crits 1 tick of his affliction he'll probably pwn your face with 2 force lightming and each tick crits for 1.1k (thats like 8k dmg in 3secs)

And believe me i WOULD LOVE if they change BH arround to NOT have to spam TM all the time, and believe me when i say no BH likes to spam TM but its not like we have a option

Edited by Kennkra

I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later.

Learn to adapt, like the ops/scounds that can still kill my sorc in almost every damn fight. this sounds completely false to me, because what I have seen in game is exactly the opposite. I guess because you actually have to worry about them fighting back after they get up, its just too much. pffft.

Here's the deal, sins are getting buffed in the next patch as are maras just for the record. Although, they're buffing the only already playable mara tree which is weird if u ask me.

I have believed jugs shoulda been nerfed from the beginning. I crunched the numbers during the beta and figured out the 9k aoe, which is why i didnt role a jug, b/c I expected a nerf.

Ops can still out-heal (no personal stories please, ran numbers vs activation times) other classes.

As for the nerf to knockdown and dps, an operative, if fully geared, could take down any other fully geared person in 6 seconds before. They could take down and ungeared squish 50 in 3. Seen it happen, I have.

Sorcs are prolly safe unless they nerf the hybrid CL and DF build which is the major sorc dps build.

I would expect a merc nerf much later in the game after everyone has gotten situated with the game. As has been stated, it is a beginner class with pretty much a faceroll skill, and quite frankly that's what noobs need. My fully geared PT or Mara with full champ gear that is can take out any merc easy. Anyway, thats just my take, don't hate.