Why can't I run Operations?

I am very very confused... :confused:

To put it simply... I've never ever run an operation because I can't figure out how, and the new "Operations Group Finder" whatever that is... hasn't helped at all.

I'm rated at 158, and for some reason I can only queue for one Operation in my group finder despite all my time spent doing flashpoints and my quests that I have for multiple different operations.

Why can't I queue for any number of operations like I can flashpoints and hardmode flashpoints? For all the people that are running FP's and for how easily I get groups, it seems to me that the same should be going on for operations.

What am I missing? Any advice to help me getting into Ops would be appreciated. Many thanks

The Operations you complete by using group finder will reward you with 30 ultimate commendations, which is a pretty hefty reward for anyone not doing hard mode content. They only reward you with these commendations once every other day, to keep you from reaching your weekly commendation limit. The idea is to curb your impetus to gear up too quickly, and thus keep you playing (and hopefully paying.)

To answer the second part of your question, there's nothing keeping you from running more than one Operation per day. You'll simply have to do it the old fashioned way and either create your own group, or join someone else'. Join a guild that raids, or join your server's Allies channel (/cjoin allies) and check there for announcements. Or, just hang out on fleet listening for people announcing raids. Pick up group raiding is a big part of the game for story mode ops, and since you tank you have a good chance of getting a spot.

Basically, the game can't do everything for you. You eventually have to get out there and start meeting people. Don't rely so much on group finder for raiding. I definitely recommend that for now you focus on doing Hard mode 55 flashpoints so you can get your item rating, and your defensive stats up. 156* is okay, but pug raids like a tank who's at least got a mix of 162 and 168 gear, both of which are very easy to get as long as you're hitting those flashpoints.

* For a quick stat boost, buy some veracity implants and a veracity earpiece from the GTN. 150K for all three pieces. Then do a little pvp and buy the fortunate resolve and shield amplification relics. You'll get a lot of mileage out of that gear, trust me.

Edited by sanctified

* For a quick stat boost, buy some veracity implants and a veracity earpiece from the GTN. 150K for all three pieces. Then do a little pvp and buy the fortunate resolve and shield amplification relics. You'll get a lot of mileage out of that gear, trust me.

Tiny correction - PVP reactive warding is the better choice, especially that brutaliser version actually has same stats of Dread Master one.

No, I am absolutely not. Now tell me what makes you think I am. Give me the piece of knowledge that makes operations possible instead of impossible. I'm willing to look like a fool in order to do them.

The reason he thinks you might be trolling is you are talking about the GF que for Ops. Which is now a rotating que for Terror From Beyond, Scum and Villiany, Dread Fortress, and Dread Palace. So you can only que for one of those four Ops any given day, and every two days I believe the Op changes.

So say for example the Op is TfB, you que and finish it. Well you cannot use the GF Op que until the Op rolls into the next one, say DF. Then you can que again as its a new Op (each Op has a lockout for bosses, resets Tuesdays). So on and so forth till you have done all four Ops via GF.

Now if you want to do TfB and DF on the same day, but only one is in the GF que. Old school LFG spam on fleet will get you the other one, but then you will not get to do it in the GF que when it comes up. Until Tuesday with the resets.

Edited by ZentheSecond

The main advantage of only having 1 operation in the group finder at a time is that you can choose which one you want to do - back before 2.8 came out, if you group findered an operation, 1 of 3 things would happen:

1. You want TFB and get given SnV

2. You want TFB so you deselect SnV and dont get the comm reward

3. You want TFB so you track down someone who has completed SnV that week (good luck with that) and queue up with him.

Now if you want TFB, just do it on TFB day. Also they used to not have DF/DP in group finder, and the reward used to be 10 comms

My advice ... use Google or read through the forums and stop being so lazy.

There is sooo much information around on what an operation is, how to do them, how to get in to them, how to gear for them how to pretty much everything to do with operations.

The Dulfy website it pretty much a great place to start.

My advice ... use Google or read through the forums and stop being so lazy.

There is sooo much information around on what an operation is, how to do them, how to get in to them, how to gear for them how to pretty much everything to do with operations.

The Dulfy website it pretty much a great place to start.

He came here to ask a question of knowledgeable folks (like you and me). That =/= lazy. Lazy would be sitting at home, wondering how to do ops and deciding to just cancel his sub since he doesn't know.

Why can't I queue for any number of operations like I can flashpoints and hardmode flashpoints? For all the people that are running FP's and for how easily I get groups, it seems to me that the same should be going on for operations.

Answer:

The reason he thinks you might be trolling is you are talking about the GF que for Ops. Which is now a rotating que for Terror From Beyond, Scum and Villiany, Dread Fortress, and Dread Palace. So you can only que for one of those four Ops any given day, and every two days I believe the Op changes.

From 2.8 Patch notes:

Group Finder Operations have been redesigned! Story Mode Operations are now more accessible to endgame players (levels 50 – 55). The Operations section in the Group Finder window will list available Operations on a predetermined schedule, rotating in different Operations every few days. Players who meet the level requirement of the Operation will be Bolstered, removing the requirement for endgame gear. Rewards have also been improved, making this a great opportunity for players to earn Ultimate Commendations and experience new content!

Edited by Danylia

Sorry I just figured anyone who can do to the trouble of working out how to set a signature an avatar and ( if I read his signature ) correctly Tank would probably know how to use google to work out a few things. I still think Troll but whatever.