If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. Particularly with Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Now granted - James Ohlen himself has promised there will be monthly updates:

Well, Star Wars: The Old Republic is already out so I wont plug the gameplay because I am sure everyone already knows what that is. For 2012 we really want players to, going back to the subscription model, feel like they're getting their money's worth. So the scope of our game updates in 2012 is going to be unimaginable. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe, it's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainty not holding my breath. Swtor currently feels very dull and static. For a Raiding Guild - we collectively were not impressed by EC. Though it's a step in the right direction from the abomination that was Tier 1.

Anyone else feeling the same regarding 1.3?

Edited by brentonj

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played GW2 today. Its really really bad. The voice acting is horrible the graphics sub par. It looks just like WoW. Also cash shop is extensive. So ya not worried about GW2. Its a huge disappointment even to me and I had no real high expectations.

As long as I see Bioware listening and responding to the issues in game and continue to put out "I'm sorry" shinys like free month and pets to apologies when they realize the goofed up, I'll stick with them till they get the track record set right. I can live with mistakes, it's the attitude that counts after making them.

I know a lot of people (myself included) have felt like patch 1.2 was essentially fluff and features that should have been available at launch.

As such, my guild agreed last night that we're quitting unless we get new content in May. Particularly with Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 on the horizon. Now granted - James Ohlen himself has promised there will be monthly updates:

I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm certainty not holding my breath. Swtor currently feels very dull and static. For a Raiding Guild - we collectively were not impressed by EC. Though it's a step in the right direction from the abomination that was Tier 1.

And after 1.3 comes out in may? Would you then demand 1.4 come out in June? 1.5 in July?

Seriously, lower your expectations or just unsub now. You're expecting something that simply won't happen.

A patch that included a new warzone, operation and flashpoint is essentially just fluff?

What's your expectation for a patch that isn't your definition of fluff?

That warzone is terrible. C'mon the original 3 are WAY better. ... they need to stop pumping out material like that.

That warzone is terrible. C'mon the original 3 are WAY better. ... they need to stop pumping out material like that.

Ehm, no it isn't. It's my second favorite at the moment. Regardless that's subjective and hardly on topic.

No I will not unsub, but at least if people like the OP unsub, we will have a few less negative QQing going on all the time.

This isn't constructive in any way. People have an expectation for their money and if it isn't as relaxed as yours it's considered by you to be crying? Grow up.

That won't make me unsub, but if they don't find and fix the issue causing many of us to crash to desktop after 1.2.1 soon, like in the next week then I will unsub. No need to pay for a game I can't play. I don't understand why they don't do a rollback, more than once WoW did this in it's early days when they screwed the pooch on an update that made the game unplayable for so many. :confused:

What server are you on? I will start a character there ASAP and you can give me all your stuff before you leave.

A lot of people, like myself, think your premise is kind of silly and won't be unsubbing if the patch doesn't come in May. That's actually kind of ridiculous, it's much too soon, and we don't even know what's all in patch 1.3 yet.

The sense of entitlement is strong in this one. So OP when will you stop. If you are not happy with 1.3 will you demand 1.4 to come out by the next month or you will unsub etc etc until you get what you want? :rolleyes:

Please unsub and stamp your feet somewhere else -OR- be paitent and give BW some time. :p

:)

This isn't constructive in any way. People have an expectation for their money and if it isn't as relaxed as yours it's considered by you to be crying? Grow up.

people having completely unrealistic concepts of 'game-breaking' is crying... and whining... and juvenile.

Also, what one person wants is not more important that what everyone wants. and right now I'd say the 2 largest wants by the community are an answer to low-pop servers (transfers seem to be the solution, NOT merges) and pvp enhancements.

they're working on it...

I mean ****... Blizzard took over a year for it's first expansion.....

Of course not. As far as MMO's go this game is still very very young, with alot of room for growth. I still have alot of story to play through, haven't even gotten my first Repub off the starting planet. It is clear the devs are listening and working hard to build content and enhance the game experience; realize, however, this takes time.

If you don't enjoy the game, quit. But stop with the ultimatums - they don't help.

Edited by Liegence

Why should anyone "give them time" for basic, bare-bones features. Especially when you're paying their salary essentially.

Now Granted had the game not been rushed for a Holiday money grab - more things might be implemented.

Regardless for a game with this license and budget (over 300 million), it's without question stale and quickly boring my guild to death.

Yay another cry thread. I hope Diablo III has even less content for you. I personally hate content, I wish it was just a big white room filled with the void and emptiness. Nah seriously you want content? Go join a game that's been out for years.