If 1.3 Isn't Out by May - Will You Unsub?

brentonj

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another yank that embarrasses me cause they haven't bothered to leave the county they grew up in....in Italy it is considered rude not to use the spoon, but you got the method correct :)

I use a spork with a picture of spock on it. Its my spock spork.

You do know that eating spaghetti with a spoon is quite acceptable? Here is how it's done, using the spoon to cup the noodles you use your fork in your dominant hand to twirl the noodles around the tines. The loose bits of noodles remain in the spoon while the forked noodles are brought to your mouth. Just in case someone didn't know, it is okay to use a spoon to eat your spaghetti with, didn't want anyone to feel as if they were doing that wrong.

Spaghetti isn't noodles.

You do know that eating spaghetti with a spoon is quite acceptable? Here is how it's done, using the spoon to cup the noodles you use your fork in your dominant hand to twirl the noodles around the tines. The loose bits of noodles remain in the spoon while the forked noodles are brought to your mouth. Just in case someone didn't know, it is okay to use a spoon to eat your spaghetti with, didn't want anyone to feel as if they were doing that wrong.

Now as to servers that are desolate. The problem isn't that people have quit playing, they have, and others have started playing. The issue is that most people have flocked to several servers that were considered the 'super' server of that type, whether it be RPers going to one of a couple servers to play on, or PvPers going to one of just a couple servers, despite there being other servers of that type. This was due to BW at the beginning opening too many servers because of wait times to play. The players wanted to play now, BioWare obliged, and now we have the servers settling out with some being desolate. The current theory is that you will transfer, at some future date, to your preferred server. As of now, they do not have that set up fully.

I did not know that about spaghetti.... chalk one up for education.

You're spot on about the servers. Still, it should be a customer service priority in my opinion. Lack of people to play with is more game breaking then bugs. Again, my opinion.

another yank that embarrasses me cause they haven't bothered to leave the county they grew up in....in Italy it is considered rude not to use the spoon, but you got the method correct :)

It's only because the Italian Boything makes fun of me when I don't ;)

almost spewed my coke the screen reading this.... :)

you my friend, a real champ at wit and sarcasm.....i hope to come across you one day on the comedy channel (not an insult).

Have I missed the wit and sarcasm? Or is this only funny because Spock and spork as words look similar? Oh God I hope that I missed it.

Edited by DiabloDoom

I dont use a spoon and i grew up in Napoli? Maybe my family is just low class lol

Edited by kirorx

I'm still not eating spaghetti with a spoon. I don't care how "cultured" you all think it is.

I will not however be unsubbing. Not because I don't believe there is not a problem present here but because I'm a Star Wars fan period and there's no other Star Wars games to run too. EA knew this would keep some people no matter what and they were right. I do think Bioware has recently begun to show promise as a game MMO company by extending their gifts of free time, pets ect. That shows promise that they realize they made a few booboos and care to make up for it. Hopefully the mistakes will be fixed soon so I don't have to discuss semantics to get kids to realize everyone that pays has a right to their opinion and 90% of them aren't just making up things to complain about. They just want to be heard and hopefully addressed. No one came here with the hopes of quitting.

If server transfers arent here by may i'll be gone. Theres only so long i can play on a dead server and i really do not fancy having to reroll and leave my toons behind after the amount of time i've put into them.

Ok at the risk of being trolled, again, let me remind you of the following:

1. May is less than 4 days away now.

2. BW has said the server transfers will be available.

3. The clue they're getting close is to watch how the AustralAsia transfer go. That'll be their base code for the rest of the players as the population that wants transfers other than to to the Australian-Asian servers is much larger.

4. Or when you said "by may" did you really mean by June? There's a bit of a difference.

Patience Padawan.

Ok at the risk of being trolled, again, let me remind you of the following:

1. May is less than 4 days away now.

2. BW has said the server transfers will be available.

3. The clue they're getting close is to watch how the AustralAsia transfer go. That'll be their base code for the rest of the players as the population that wants transfers other than to to the Australian-Asian servers is much larger.

4. Or when you said "by may" did you really mean by June? There's a bit of a difference.

Patience Padawan.

In the QA also it says some transfers will be free. They are talking early summer. Its in the 27th QA thread.

I'm still not eating spaghetti with a spoon. I don't care how "cultured" you all think it is.

I will not however be unsubbing. Not because I don't believe there is not a problem present here but because I'm a Star Wars fan period and there's no other Star Wars games to run too. EA knew this would keep some people no matter what and they were right. I do think Bioware has recently begun to show promise as a game MMO company by extending their gifts of free time, pets ect. That shows promise that they realize they made a few booboos and care to make up for it. Hopefully the mistakes will be fixed soon so I don't have to discuss semantics to get kids to realize everyone that pays has a right to their opinion and 90% of them aren't just making up things to complain about. They just want to be heard and hopefully addressed. No one came here with the hopes of quitting.

Erm, it's not really about being 'cultured', it's actually a more efficient way to eat noodles. I do it when eating pho as well, and ramen and chow mein.

now then, as to being heard, there are constructive ways to be heard and nonconstructive ways. Semantics are what makes the difference between constructive and nonconstructive.

This is the right way.

Incorrect.

use a spoon.... you have more control when twirling it onto the fork, and you dont scratch the plate.

nor do you produce that screeching sound.

and yes... twirling on the plate is uncultured... barely a step above eating with your fingers

Incorrect.

use a spoon.... you have more control when twirling it onto the fork, and you dont scratch the plate.

and yes... twirling on the plate is uncultured... barely a step above eating with your fingers

I tend to disagree, I mostly see people from the states eat like that.

Not saying its wrong or right but its better to talk about eating than it is talking about this thread.

I need more pvp content ASAP.

The grind for gear is killing me on REP with only 4 warzones to play that are all the same game except for hutball. The enemy out gears us badly and every warzone is just respawning and dieing to block caps.

I need some PvP actual about fighting and winning. Not delaying caps but running around like a fool until the kill me then respawn and do it again.

I am going to try GW2 for sure just because i don't have to play every day for hours chasing gear to have a chance. If even close to the 4 warzones in this game. I'm out most likely

Edited by Lt_Latency

Incorrect.

• Put the pasta on the bottom of the plate, then the meat and sauce on top.
  • Put you fork in the center of your plate which is also in the middle of the spaghetti.
  • Turn your fork about 3 times or more until you think its enough to put in your mouth.

Make sure you put a napkin or a bib around your neck and on your lap.

Make sure that the fork is in the center of the plate.

Hold your fork correctly.

Slurp if you like, but at times it is considered rude. Beware the whiplash!

Alternate method: You can also use your fork to catch a few spaghetti strands and then twirl them in a soup/table spoon held in your other hand. This helps to control having too much on your fork and allows for a reasonable size bite.

Things You Will Need

Fork

Plate

Pasta

Napkin

Edited by DiabloDoom

to be honest i really hate these kind of posts that essentially say give me more or i quit. was 1.2 a dissapointment to me no. was 1.2 rushed inm my eyes, yes. ranked warzones got pulled. nerfs to all classes but the shadow/sin and mara/sent caused imbalance in pvp. but this is wot happens in the wonderful world of mmo's. things happen and things change month to month. key fwetures that perhaps should have been in launch wernt but hey. u cant have everything in launch day and they choose wot they wanted.

if u seriously think 1.3 will come in may i think u need to get off that train to imaginationland pronto. between 1.1 and .12 was 3 months so u will not likely see 1.3 until summer.

will i quit if 1.3 isnt out in may HELL NO. this is a great game at its core. yes it needs work but this game is 6 months old a baby in the world of mmo's and as such needs time to be a big powerhouse. if u cant understand that then id say the game isnt for u. i love this game and will probs soon work on my 6th lvl 50 (yes i do have a life) and i have full trust in bioware to continue to make great content in there own time. but before NEW content id rather they started to seriously fix the known issues with the game first rather than roll out another bug fill patch. better to fix wots wrong now than create even more problems.

i dont usually say this but if u aint happy to the point u demand new content next monnth then all i have to say is cya and dont let the door hit u on the way out

to be honest i really hate these kind of posts that essentially say give me more or i quit. was 1.2 a dissapointment to me no. was 1.2 rushed inm my eyes, yes. ranked warzones got pulled. nerfs to all classes but the shadow/sin and mara/sent caused imbalance in pvp. but this is wot happens in the wonderful world of mmo's. things happen and things change month to month. key fwetures that perhaps should have been in launch wernt but hey. u cant have everything in launch day and they choose wot they wanted.

if u seriously think 1.3 will come in may i think u need to get off that train to imaginationland pronto. between 1.1 and .12 was 3 months so u will not likely see 1.3 until summer.

will i quit if 1.3 isnt out in may HELL NO. this is a great game at its core. yes it needs work but this game is 6 months old a baby in the world of mmo's and as such needs time to be a big powerhouse. if u cant understand that then id say the game isnt for u. i love this game and will probs soon work on my 6th lvl 50 (yes i do have a life) and i have full trust in bioware to continue to make great content in there own time. but before NEW content id rather they started to seriously fix the known issues with the game first rather than roll out another bug fill patch. better to fix wots wrong now than create even more problems.

i dont usually say this but if u aint happy to the point u demand new content next monnth then all i have to say is cya and dont let the door hit u on the way out

So dont answer it, come talk about pasta. lol