Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does no one queue for uprisings?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does no one queue for uprisings?

MandFlurry
07.13.2018 , 11:03 PM | #21
I would love to do Uprisings, but have never known anyone doing them, which is terrible for us players that would love to do them for a bit of story as well.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

Helmutmengele
07.14.2018 , 07:46 AM | #22
Every time I que a FP I hit the uprising. About 1 in 5 times it will pop. Some of the end fights are really challenging even in story.

Kiesu
07.15.2018 , 02:42 AM | #23
I seem to be having trouble getting any HM Uprising ques as well (I don't really que for sm).
And I don't doubt having a lot lower reward for uprising (yet higher skill ceiling than most fps) is helping with people's eagerness to que. Idk why it's like that. Not looking for higher rewards here, I'd just want to do something other than the same ol FPs day in and day out :P
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Arts -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Zerileth
07.15.2018 , 02:53 AM | #24
I have all of them done but the Master ones. I've have literally sat on fleet offering 1 million credits each for T/2D and not one taker. To date, I've only got one MM Uprising done.

So 1 million credits is not enough incentive to do them and BW offers what, 8k credits or something.

Edit: This was on harbie, Saturday night, prime time.
Happy Holidays!

50,000 Club!

Khaleg
07.17.2018 , 11:29 PM | #25
I guess not so many. We do them guild internal. People obviously dislike fun and partly challenging content (at least a few of the master versions).
It's stupid anyway that you can't queue for master uprisings. Another Bioware nonsense just like you can't start 16 man OPs or VM/HC OPs via Grouo finder...
Or, totally another topic, but it shows in general how often they lack any love for detail or thinking things through until the end: How in hell can you make the guild internal conquest point ranking in the conquest tab char based and not legacy based?! Makes no sense at all. That can't happen as a game designer if you really think about it before implementing it.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

merovejec
07.17.2018 , 11:55 PM | #26
Well Uprisings were made during the era when swtor wasnt doing well (yes it was worse than now) and they needed to come up with something new but also cheap and fast, so we got Uprisings. The main reason for the was supposed to be the CXP grind. With the introduction of CXP Bioware wanted to tell the players which content to play so they get their numbers for management. They used old scenery and simple boss fights.

However, this backfired and the Uprisings failed totaly. People ran them once, some more times for the achievements and stopped. The Fractures Uprising was farmed by everyone (Master mode still is farmed) due to the bug at last boss that made it a really good CXP grind. However, that was pretty much it. I suppose this was one of the reasons that Ben Irving was removed as Producer.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

TrixxieTriss
07.18.2018 , 01:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
BUT WAIT, Bioware spends all their power to make awesome things only for cartel market...and you dont get cartel coins for playing ranked pvp, uprisings, daily zone quests etc. You will never see people participating in different content just for fun lol since they want rewards
GW2 has a much better paid currency system. Bioware could learn alot by looking at theirs. You can buy gems (CC) or you can earn them. Earning them is really hard, but there is that option.
Bioware should give the CCs, away or make it easy to get. They do have them for some early achievements in the game, why not add them to something like NiM OPs or Uprisings.
I don’t think they should add them to pvp of any lvl or flash points, pve solo content.

TrixxieTriss
07.18.2018 , 01:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I suppose this was one of the reasons that Ben Irving was removed as Producer.
And now he’s lead on Anthem ... LoL... what could possibly go wrong

merovejec
07.18.2018 , 01:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And now he’s lead on Anthem ... LoL... what could possibly go wrong
Yeah I have seen the videos and his commentary, I don't have high hopes for that game. Its a reskin of Mass Effect and will probably have nothing interesting and exceptional for the people to play, but we will see, I don't want to be negative about it, it's just that I do not really see a point of such a game now. The development took too long and few similar games launched in between so they will have it hard.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

fishpeople
07.18.2018 , 04:47 AM | #30
At first they were a nice little mission on the side, but now? you can earn more CXP from one pvp game than you can from several uprisings. (unless you're running the weekly) So I guess what's the point?