Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does no one queue for uprisings?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does no one queue for uprisings?

IanArgent
07.13.2018 , 06:29 AM | #11
Uprisings turned out to be an exercise in giving people what they were asking for, not what they wanted.

They asked for "short flashpoints" and got them. What they wanted was "full FP rewards for spending half (or less) of the time."

For the record, I think CXP reward rates are too low across the board, and they took too long to realize that it should have been a secondary gearing path instead of primary.
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

phalczen
07.13.2018 , 06:42 AM | #12
Even after the nerf, they yield some decent CXP for the time invested, but I agree that all types of CXP packs are too low across the board. There are cartel coins associated with some of the uprising achievements. There are rare mounts as loot. Itís a little more hectic and less about deliberative mechanics. Itís not a bad change of pace. In reality they are probably more PUG-able than FPs or OPs but since I havenít done a ton of them I just prefer to do them with guildies who will be more forgiving.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

JattaGin
07.13.2018 , 07:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I don't really pve often, but I tried doing some random group finder stuff today and while flashpoints popped somewhat quickly, I for the life of me couldn't get a pop in either story or veteran uprisings. Was in queue for both well over an hour.
Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time.

Ontopic: I still believe that there is a bug involving uprisings. I haven't gotten one single pop in 2018 and it didn't look much better in 2017. I still have 3 uprisings unplayed, because nothing pops. Since around March 2017, I have only these 3 uprisings marked, because I want to play them. And yet, I still haven't. I cannot imagine that NO ONE ever wants to do these uprisings. It must be a bug. I tried soloing story mode. No chance for me.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Tsillah
07.13.2018 , 07:08 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time.

Ontopic: I still believe that there is a bug involving uprisings. I haven't gotten one single pop in 2018 and it didn't look much better in 2017. I still have 3 uprisings unplayed, because nothing pops. Since around March 2017, I have only these 3 uprisings marked, because I want to play them. And yet, I still haven't. I cannot imagine that NO ONE ever wants to do these uprisings. It must be a bug. I tried soloing story mode. No chance for me.
I think that the people who do Uprisings might be people in guilds that queue together mostly. I don't think it's a bug but just low interest and the PUG community is pretty dead. It was already last year as far as I'm concerned.

I think people are starting to see the effects of the drop in population and the push towards CXP. It seemed that last year already the PUGs were mostly about doing the 2 or 3 things that got the best rewards like last boss runs and granked mats farm. The rest of the game was just basically solo it, find your own guild group or forget about it. Maybe that's putting it a bit strongly but I believe that's where it's at.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

FlameYOL
07.13.2018 , 07:28 AM | #15
I haven't queued for uprisings since early 2017, and the only times I've done them were usually with guildmates. Uprisings are fun but they get repetitive really fast with people farming fractured over and over and over. Overall I don't know why they're not as popular as flashpoints but from my own personal experience I can tell that they're fun to it. Back in the day it used to be a mildly good way to farm CXP but since flashpoints got buffed and if I recall Uprisings got nerfed maybe that's why players don't it anymore? Or maybe people didn't liked that kind of short content?
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Sarova
07.13.2018 , 01:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I don't really pve often, but I tried doing some random group finder stuff today and while flashpoints popped somewhat quickly, I for the life of me couldn't get a pop in either story or veteran uprisings. Was in queue for both well over an hour.
Not for ages, even when it's the day's bonus thing. I gave up queuing and worked out which ones I could do solo (or rather with just me and my companion) to get the weekly a while ago now.
Quinn Treatsô ♥
6.0: more ♥ Quinn ♥ Aric ♥ Theron ♥ Doc ♥ please
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

devilkat
07.13.2018 , 01:27 PM | #17
I love running the uprisings, but I have only ever run them with my bro, husband, and one of our friends. It's easier to coordinate if you're all in the same room
"My last partner didn't complain nearly this much"
"Your last partner got CRUSHED to death"
"AND NEVER ONCE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT"

Raansu
07.13.2018 , 05:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Uprisings turned out to be an exercise in giving people what they were asking for, not what they wanted.

They asked for "short flashpoints" and got them. What they wanted was "full FP rewards for spending half (or less) of the time."

For the record, I think CXP reward rates are too low across the board, and they took too long to realize that it should have been a secondary gearing path instead of primary.
I agree that CXP rewards are definitely way too low, but the weekly still gives a decent chunk so it surprises me that no one queues for them at all.

Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Since when are you back in the game? Haven't seen your name here for a long time
I never really stopped playing, I pretty much just stayed unsubbed mostly and only ever pvp'd on a rare occasion to get my pvp/star wars fix. I drop a random sub to catch up on stuff, but thats about it.

Raansu
07.13.2018 , 06:54 PM | #19
Solo'd a couple story ones. They are pretty neat. Hopefully in 6.0 BW can figure out what to do with them and make them worth playing.

Soljin
07.13.2018 , 07:15 PM | #20
There is no incentives in this game period...none the less to do something specific if its not your favorite thing. The reward system in this game is hollow and all the appearance items are for sale...

I have never done a single Uprising and can't see a reason to ever try...This is a huge game and it's hollow and the environments are dead...

Only reason to play this game over almost any other is if you have not completed all the class stories...
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz