In the name of all that is good and right in the world fix energy consumption

Fergz

I have played a slinger as a main pubside since the game was released and I have never had the issues with energy that I have now. I dont know what you changed in 6.0 to make energy burn faster than California, but fix it!

once you get your set bonus (established foothold) you will never have energy issues again.

It's possibly an issue with low crit rather than needing a set bonus. I noticed that my DF slinger was having energy issues when I was in crappy gear. Once I got better gear and sorted my stats to somewhat proper numbers, the problem went away. Well, except during Sweeping Gunfire spam. :p

Precise targeting set can also help with energy issues. It does give us back the Target Acquired gives you Energy CD we had in the past. I use that set specifically for that set bonus to be honest. As a PvE player Entrench just isn't used as much as it is in PvP, so I'm not a fan of the Foothold set personally.

So i still see some energy burn and I am DF spec in full 306 Precise Targeter 's set. Cool Head works but it seems like as soon as I pop that the burn is even worse. Illegal mods help, but i still find myself struggling with energy on most boss fight is MM and Ops.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong or if I should move on from DF but its really annoying that I am always struggling with energy. I never had this in any of the other patches that I can remember but 6.0 is trying my patience with energy

I fixed the issue by dropping DF and going back to SS

DF with Precise Targeter plays almost exactly the same way the class was in 5.X. The fact that switching to SS solved your issues means that you were not playing DF that well (no offense).

But anyway, unless you are full on PvPer, you should be using Established Foothold set. It is miles better than Precise targeter in terms of damage increase AND also makes energy management non-existent.