Who else is allured by Mako in the game?

Scerge

I rolled on a roleplaying server and I had in mind how I wanted to have my bounty hunter and then I entered the game and Mako ultimately changed my character.

Now my character is "good" when he was "bad", liked killing people and all that but then he met Mako and now he's a "good boy". xD

I just want to avenge the poor woman and protect her, I'm level 30 now and I still haven't used another companion yet, god I feel like a no life for feeling this way for a made up character lol and makes me want to pull her through the screen. rofl.

Anyone else feel like this?

Edited by Scerge

Its called your a man lol... Sleeping with a video game character however is not one of my fantasies, however Ive always enjoyed romance in most video games. Would a fat and ugly Mako make you still feel the same way? Most video game girls are made to interest most men by their looks. Not to mention the voice acting is amazing in SWTOR, so to me what your feeling is normal. I wouldn't however, take it that far and fantasize about her. Maybe if she was a hot asian in RL I would though :)

heh sure, both my BH's male & fem [PT/Merc] are rather saintly[plenty of LS points] ^^ but actually I dont have her around much in battle, I usually stick with Gault or Torian. Was sort of aiming to just be a greedy, ruthless bastard..but it dosent seem like I pulled that off on my hunters.. Edited by gaskull

I use Torian most of the time only because he's my best dps companion. Other than that I always have Mako in my party or even Blizz. I find Gault and Skage a waste of space lol

To be fair, Gault is funny as hell. :D

But we are in full agreement on Skadge. Completely useless, and it's almost impossible to solo the mission where you have to use him unless you're running a healer spec.

Im a powertech tank, and for me its a tie between Torian, the best dps companion that I use when dispatching trash, and Mako, who I use whenever Im against anything tough like elites. With Mako I always feel safe and will not die to any oops moments like patrollers strolling into the fight <3

Gault is funny, but I think Torian is better, plus I dont have the money to equip all of them properly. I fit all my companions except Mako for dps duty btw, since Im tank myself.

Edited by Karkais

I love a lot of the companions in this game... but Mako isn't one of them? I mean what does she have going for her really? She's pretty resilient in the face of adversity? She's perky (actually I don't really appreciate that)? Other than that she's kind of needy and dependent. Like without my BH to take care of her she'd just... but perhaps that's her appeal to you guys. As a straight lady that's probably lost on me.

Now that I think about about I like my companions to be either BA, hysterical, or bizarre. Mako is the girl next door.

I found myself allured by Gault...too bad he isn't a romance option

Yeah, when I finally got him and starting bringing him around with me it was such a relief. He's probably one of the most entertaining companions in the game, Mako seems extra boring in comparison.

Edited by Pubsam

Mako is the girl next door.

Some people like that. The thing that I love about the BH crew is that they complement each other, instead of having similar personalities.

I suggest you check this. Theres almost scientific reason Mako is the way she is. :)

But she isnt too much about that, after all, she has a mysterious past (which I hope people wont spoil for me since Im not there yet)

Edited by Karkais

Its called your a man lol... Sleeping with a video game character however is not one of my fantasies

And that goes away after she gives you a -1 for just about every fun response choice. Why can't Gault be a female. :eek:

"The Chick — (vocal effects, tambourine) A peacekeeping role to balance out the other members' aggression, bringing them to a nice or at least manageable medium. The Chick is often considered the heart of the group. Not always female, but the role is usually taken by the Token Girl (hence the name). Sometimes referred to as "the useless girl"."

So you're saying Mako is this incredibly sexist archetype? She's not useless or secondary as far as plot goes... without her you'd never catch anyone. It's her personality that makes you think she's lame and disposable. Shame, really...

I dunno...I'd say

The Hero (you)

The Lancer (Gault) (In Nar Shaddaa, who do you tell to round the others up? Torian)

The Smart Guy (Mako and/or Blizz)

The Big Guy (Skadge)

The Chick (Torian)

No.

The hero = You

Lancer = Torian

(BH: "You may stand down, Ill brief you when I get back."

Torian: "I'll stand down when I see you, if it's all the same to you.")

Smart guy = Gault

"Thank you! Thank you! I'll be signing autographs once the smoke clears!"

Big guy = Skadge

"Don't care, ain't listening!"

The chick = Mako

"Just let me be worried, somebodys got to be"

Blizz is like a pet thats played for comedy relief.

So you're saying Mako is this incredibly sexist archetype? She's not useless or secondary as far as plot goes... without her you'd never catch anyone. It's her personality that makes you think she's lame and disposable. Shame, really...

No, youre getting it all wrong. Shes there to balance the other personalities out (Torians seriousness, Gaults smart-alecness, Skadges violent behaviour). Thats why shes the "girl next door" type. Absolutely nothing sexist about it, nor is she useless in anyway. Its the personality that matters. Shes the balanced one.

Sometimes I think people try to troll instead of actually trying to understand.. Or you really just space through all dialog..

Edited by Karkais

I've always found her adorable. I love the line she speaks when you zone into the speeder platform on Nar - where it's a place where people have something they want to loose. It's quite poetic. Kudos to the class writer for that one.

In many respects she's shaped my toon to be the guy I would've really like to be in the game, but never thought to be. A profession who gives a damn and isn't so caught up in the violence for violence sake.

I find that even her cries for help when she is low on health to have emotional weight. When I hear them, I take immediate action to save her... not because she's my heals, but that I don't want to see her die. It's weird.

At the moment, I feel very close to all my crew with the exception of Skadge, where I think they went a bit overboard.

No, youre getting it all wrong. Shes there to balance the other personalities out (Torians seriousness, Gaults smart-alecness, Skadges violent behaviour). Thats why shes the "girl next door" type. Absolutely nothing sexist about it, nor is she useless in anyway. Its the personality that matters. Shes the balanced one.

Sometimes I think people try to troll instead of actually trying to understand.. Or you really just space through all dialog..

Sorry, this is your reading comprehension fail. Earlier in the thread I called Mako the girl next door but did not complain it was sexist. I would say the girl next door implies someone nice, normal, and pretty who is familiar, comforting but perhaps boring. Which is Mako. I took umbrage when someone called her this:

"The Chick — (vocal effects, tambourine) A peacekeeping role to balance out the other members' aggression, bringing them to a nice or at least manageable medium. The Chick is often considered the heart of the group. Not always female, but the role is usually taken by the Token Girl (hence the name). Sometimes referred to as "the useless girl"."

Which IS a very sexist archetype. And you're right, Mako isn't useless (as I said in her defense). She is not smiling in the background playing tambourine just hoping everybody's getting along. But the reason someone thought this applied to her is her bland, boring personality is the ship glue is the same as 'The Chick's'.

A better ToR example of 'The Chick' is Ensign Temple if anyone's played an agent that far. She doesn't seem to have a purpose, you're not sure why she's there, but she sure is nice, perky, and by far the most normal member of the crew.

Stuff

Fine, ignore what I linked then if that makes you happier.

Your interpretation is not what I intended anyway. Its only a wiki page. Go change it if it bothers you.

EDIT: Im looking back at the description and I still fail to see how "peacekeeper" and "heart of the group" can be considered as "incredibly sexist"..

Edited by Karkais