Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the point in Vote Kick?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What the point in Vote Kick?

Glower
01.09.2013 , 08:31 AM | #1
You can't really remove anyone from game but only real AFK player...

Someone dancing naked all the time? Burning health all the time? Not passing ball and running away? He's playing, you cant kick him!
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Capt_Beers
01.09.2013 , 08:38 AM | #2
You can kick all those people except the ball guy. Once a kick is initiated the have a certain amount of time to enter combat not perform an action. So they will have to attack someone for it to not kick them.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

RyanReagan
01.09.2013 , 11:12 AM | #3
I've never seen anyone kicked.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.² <Infinite Darkness>

Capt_Beers
01.09.2013 , 11:39 AM | #4
I have successfully kicked people form WZ's before. Granted they were actually just standing there not doing anything not dancing or sapping/healing. I suppose you could start a kick against but they could just engage in combat and have it cancelled (provided they knew that would cancel it).

I don't really see any changes you could make either. If all you needed was a majority, whether they were engaged with the enemy or not, people would probably start kicking recruits every chance they got. I guess the best way would be for the PvP queue to respect your ignore list but I have no idea how feasible that is.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

EmblemElite
01.09.2013 , 11:51 AM | #5
I dont see a point, you enter into a regular war zone then the player who is paying his own subscription has the right to play his character how ever he wants. If you want to control the player pay his sub then you can tell him how to play in a war zone otherwise play rateds.
Vanguard Amano Lethal Dose Fifty
PoT5

L-RANDLE
01.09.2013 , 12:00 PM | #6
The point of Vote Kick is to win the election...

PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

DarthMaulUK
01.09.2013 , 12:08 PM | #7
Ive seen a team of idiots use it to remove someone that they simply didn't like. And because he was guarding a node, he couldn't get to combat in time to prevent the kick. Disgraceful behaviour by a bunch of idiots who I reported.

TUXs
01.09.2013 , 12:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by EmblemElite View Post
I dont see a point, you enter into a regular war zone then the player who is paying his own subscription has the right to play his character how ever he wants. If you want to control the player pay his sub then you can tell him how to play in a war zone otherwise play rateds.
Not entirely true.

Yes, they can level solo or do whatever they want solo, any way they want imo...but once they enter a WZ, they are accepting that they are doing a GROUP activity. Nobody has the right to intentionally **edit** up 7 other peoples game just because they wanna be a **edit**.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joesixxpack
01.09.2013 , 12:33 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Not entirely true.

Yes, they can level solo or do whatever they want solo, any way they want imo...but once they enter a WZ, they are accepting that they are doing a GROUP activity. Nobody has the right to intentionally **edit** up 7 other peoples game just because they wanna be a **edit**.
This.

Dear guy who posted nonsense about paying subs,

That's kindergarten level rationalizing.

Glower
01.09.2013 , 12:46 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
The point of Vote Kick is to win the election...

heh

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMaulUK View Post
Ive seen a team of idiots use it to remove someone that they simply didn't like. And because he was guarding a node, he couldn't get to combat in time to prevent the kick. Disgraceful behaviour by a bunch of idiots who I reported.
And you also right...
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"