Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

F2P and Recruit Gear.....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
F2P and Recruit Gear.....

anwg
01.08.2013 , 07:37 PM | #11
No, you get to complete the quest, but cannot choose the award, it's a systematic thing, F2Pers cannot choose boxes as quest awards (like from the lowbie daily).

On top of that, if you role play a neutral character, you will end up not being able to equip any relics since F2Pers can't use artifact gear.

You can still buy the blue stuff individually though.

GARhenus
01.08.2013 , 07:44 PM | #12
Here's the only thing i can think of for an f2p

An f2p player at lvl 50 can spend a day or two farming belsavis dailies upon hitting 50 so he can get recruit gear.

1-2 more dailies for buying artifact gear unlock off the gtn

so about 2-4 days before he starts farming for WH

Still... I wish It was better for f2p people.

dropping 4.99 to switch to preferred is a must.

Chlomamf
01.08.2013 , 07:51 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thoniei View Post
I don't even want them on the other team.
How long did you say you've been PvPing for? Cuz from what I hear it sounds like you've just started.

Dabrixmgp
01.08.2013 , 08:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
last i heard it was no. which is a bad move on bioware's part. tough to get people to subscribe when they have no shot in hell of enjoying PvP w/out even recruit gear
The recruit vendor is still there I dont understand the problem.

Cryowolf
01.08.2013 , 08:16 PM | #15
There are actually players that are F2P and make it to 50? You guys are truly hardcore because that is a terrible gaming experience...

Should give you free WH gear for making it to 50F2P!
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

GARhenus
01.08.2013 , 08:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Cryowolf View Post
There are actually players that are F2P and make it to 50? You guys are truly hardcore because that is a terrible gaming experience...

Should give you free WH gear for making it to 50F2P!
Most of them treat it like a single player game with chat... oh wait..

Totaltrash
01.08.2013 , 08:48 PM | #17
This shows how much EAware really cares about PVP:

I was teamed in CW the other day with 3 F2Pers, all with zero expertise gear.
Anyone want to guess how that warzone turned out?

EAware, either don't allow F2Pers in 50 warzones at all or give them the recruit gear.
Don't ruin my (a subscriber!) warzones by being petty!

Calitri
01.08.2013 , 11:59 PM | #18
As pointed out above i'm sure, while they may not get a free set of recruit gear thrown at them. And it sucks to see a Sorcerer with 12.5k in a 50 warzone, there's nothing stopping them from going to Ilum or Belsalvis. The gear in terms of 50's dailys, is a couple of hours. Unless of course ftp can't do dailys either.

Spoletta
01.09.2013 , 01:41 AM | #19
There are people at 50 who are not preferred? I though it was pretty much a no brainer to go preferred considering all the stuff you get.
No but seriously, give recruit gear to f2players. Oh and possibly increase the stats a bit. We want them to have a taste at wzs, not a taste at eating dirt.

je-s-ter
01.09.2013 , 04:08 AM | #20
What's the problem again? Couple of months back we all had to go through the process of buying recruit gear, how is it suddenly such a huge issue? Do F2P get reduced credits from quests? If they manage to get their asses to 50 with the stupid XP reduction, they should be able to get the recruit gear with no problems, no?

Not defending the horrible F2P model BW and EA devised, but this really isn't an issue of being F2P, just as it wasn't an issue when everybody had to buy the gear.
Cypod | THUNDER | The Red Eclipse