Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardest spec to use in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hardest spec to use in PvP

Dabrixmgp
01.07.2013 , 02:01 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
In terms of playing an AC to its' full potential I'm going to say assassin/shadow. There's a huge gap between a good and a bad, or even average, one.

Except a well played Shadow/Sin will rape. A well played Merc/Commando still loses to a one armed blind kid with epilepsy playing a Mara/Sent.

Cybermeister
01.07.2013 , 02:06 PM | #22
Jugg / Guardian tank-spec is hard work, but rewarding when you get a good (balanced) team with a healer who recognises you're trying to keep them alive. It's especially hard at the moment due to all the smash-monkey trains. In most PUG groups tanking is futile and the overall survivability of the team is improved by re-speccing focus DPS (i.e. if you can't beat them, join them). The only exception to this is in Huttball, which is the one WZ where guardians excel.

SIDIOUSFAN
01.07.2013 , 02:15 PM | #23
Guys, I can tell you that operative concealment is at the moment really hard to play in mini games. Squishy, low dps, no gap closer, energy management problems, unreliable stealth system (people see me from 20-30 meters), the worst thing is that your 2 main attacks are conditional :

- hidden strike can only be used from stealth which is pretty hard to do when you are constantly put out of stealth by direct damages (stealth system broken), I am lucky if I can use that 3-4 times in a bg...
- backstab is only usable in the back of the target.

The only advantage you have is that you're considered such a genuine threat that people continue to play as if you were not present in the battle. May be our second dps spec, lethality is even more broken and unplayable in pvp but I assure you that concealment dps is in a pretty bad shape at the moment.

islander
01.07.2013 , 02:29 PM | #24
I dunno what spec it is, but operatives seem to have little issue stunlocking/stun stabbing me to oblivion on occasion.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Jenzali
01.07.2013 , 02:37 PM | #25
In my opinion:

Highest skill cap: Tank Juggernaut
Hardest to play successfully at a high level: Arsenal Mercenary
Hardest to play to fullest potential: Sniper
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

CharterMonkKent
01.07.2013 , 02:40 PM | #26
It isn't sin/shadow, it isn't concealment, full lightning sorc could be considered the hardest but that's only because the spec is clunky and rarely played, same goes for lethality operative. Merc/Commando DPS is not hard to play. Arsenal has a very simple rotation, pyro is pyro

This is going to sound cryptic but none of the classes are particularly difficult in themselves. Engineer/saboteur is the only class in the game that doesn't have a rotation per se. I think that makes the class challenging to play effectively. I find it more challenging than my conceal oper or my shadow.

The hardest spec is probably a free 2 player without sprint.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Dabrixmgp
01.07.2013 , 03:11 PM | #27
So whats the easiest then?

CharterMonkKent
01.07.2013 , 03:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
So whats the easiest then?
Pyro PT (Assult Van). Literally a one step non channeled proc.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Totaltrash
01.07.2013 , 04:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
Hey everybody! Just another player wondering to about the hardest spec in game to run and be successful in PvP is. I honestly think a full madness assassin or lethatlity operative would be difficult to run. Any ideas on what spec is harder to run in PvP?
To play for the scoreboard or to play to win a warzone? Big difference.

The scoreboard junkies will tell you, Lightning/TK Sorc/Sages.

Those who want to make a meaningful contribution to the team will tell you Arsenal/Gunnery Merc/Commando.

The difference is utility - Sorcs have it, Mercs/Commando don't. I play both in 50 wzs.

RyanReagan
01.07.2013 , 04:18 PM | #30
Lethality operative because corrosive grenade destroys any chances of using Mez.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>