Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imaginary raid leaders

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Imaginary raid leaders

Darka
01.09.2013 , 09:25 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Nothing aggravates me more than seeing 4 guys all trying to cap/plant, while no one is intercepting/CC. Makes me rage hard.
>.<
YES

Or they forget it takes 8 seconds to plant and 3 to remove but soon as planted everyone goes, "oh well"

@Rince
I started taking it on myself to call and guard, not because im best at it, just more because no one was. And over time admittedly I got a better understanding of the defending skill. Get a bit of rage if we are losing by the odd player who is asking why we are guarding when the other team has capped both areas, haha.
If someone else does it and guards well I send them a tell post match and say thanks.

I hate when you see someone guarding, so you move on, and then see them running past you later
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
THE UNCIVILLISED SWOOP CLUB
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram @Uncivillised on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Rincewend
01.09.2013 , 09:35 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
ye, g510. i lurv it
I was thinking of a razor (I know off topic) but I have always done better with logictec. What the lcd screen for? can you put anything useful there (fps, ping, group hp)?

cashogy
01.09.2013 , 09:45 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
I was thinking of a razor (I know off topic) but I have always done better with logictec. What the lcd screen for? can you put anything useful there (fps, ping, group hp)?
its not like this threads topic was interesting anyways

i use the LCD screen to display system info: cpu temp/usage, mem usage, itunes song title, sound level, net activity, etc. there are a crapload of apps for it since the SDK is open source. you could even make your own if you really wanted to. ive used the ACT combat log app on occasion as well, kinda cool to see your DPS in real time.

my main app is this one: http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal/

logitech > razer all day er'ry day
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Roycerson
01.09.2013 , 09:46 PM | #44
Seems to me the problem with volunteer leaders is >80% of people are unqualified and those are the most likely to try to lead. I always assume the guy telling me what to do is an idiot, has no idea what class I am, what the other classes in the warzone are and/or that it even matters, has a very poor understanding of strategy and most especially... I probably don't like him anyway. Here's an example:

The other day the volunteer leader insisted that one is enough to defend a point and later in the warzone insisted that if the other team's point is defended by a single player any random person can be reasonably expected to solo him in enough time to cap before his friends come. If you can't hold a point alone you suck and if you can't take a point alone you also suck. How can both those things possibly be true? they can't. he's a moron and if you start telling me what to do before I have checked out the group and decided for myself, I expect you're a moron too and in addition to being a moron you're a presumptuous self-centered ******e that's going to lead this team to ruin.

There are a handful of people I will listen to, they very rarely bother and who can blame them, the warzones, much like the world, are full of morons.

Much better to tell everyone in the WZ what YOU are doing so that they can factor that into their own decisions. I respect people who give me information. I detest and suspect people who order me around.

cashogy
01.09.2013 , 09:48 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Roycerson View Post
Seems to me the problem with volunteer leaders is >80% of people are unqualified and those are the most likely to try to lead. I always assume the guy telling me what to do is an idiot, has no idea what class I am, what the other classes in the warzone are and/or that it even matters, has a very poor understanding of strategy and most especially... I probably don't like him anyway. Here's an example:

The other day the volunteer leader insisted that one is enough to defend a point and later in the warzone insisted that if the other team's point is defended by a single player any random person can be reasonably expected to solo him in enough time to cap before his friends come. If you can't hold a point alone you suck and if you can't take a point alone you also suck. How can both those things possibly be true? they can't. he's a moron and if you start telling me what to do before I have checked out the group and decided for myself, I expect you're a moron too and in addition to being a moron you're a presumptuous self-centered ******e that's going to lead this team to ruin.

There are a handful of people I will listen to, they very rarely bother and who can blame them, the warzones, much like the world, are full of morons.

Much better to tell everyone in the WZ what YOU are doing so that they can factor that into their own decisions. I respect people who give me information. I detest and suspect people who order me around.
nobody listens to me in wzs
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Rincewend
01.09.2013 , 09:57 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
>.<
YES

Or they forget it takes 8 seconds to plant and 3 to remove but soon as planted everyone goes, "oh well"

@Rince
I started taking it on myself to call and guard, not because im best at it, just more because no one was. And over time admittedly I got a better understanding of the defending skill. Get a bit of rage if we are losing by the odd player who is asking why we are guarding when the other team has capped both areas, haha.
If someone else does it and guards well I send them a tell post match and say thanks.

I hate when you see someone guarding, so you move on, and then see them running past you later
I always ask if they are staying before I leave and even than that does not always work. I will still see them leave, but if the match is to that point it just means a 3 cap will end it faster. I see no point to get upset about it anymore, it's just the way pug's are, same as playing even a FPS on xbox. If you don't want to deal with these problems than form a group and get in vent, but it gets boring just rolling everyone.