Defender medals seriously? HOW?

tehrealdealz

Been searching all over the forums and on Google about how to consistently get Defender medals in Huttball and in Voidstar. I swear sometimes I able to get both 1k and 3k medals and other times no matter wut I do I cant get any. For example last night was doing huttball and twice in a row I get defender medals by attacking the ball carrier all match long. But there are times when I dont get any defender medals no matter how long im on the ball carrier. Is there some kind of trick that im missing?

Been searching all over the forums and on Google about how to consistently get Defender medals in Huttball and in Voidstar. I swear sometimes I able to get both 1k and 3k medals and other times no matter wut I do I cant get any. For example last night was doing huttball and twice in a row I get defender medals by attacking the ball carrier all match long. But there are times when I dont get any defender medals no matter how long im on the ball carrier. Is there some kind of trick that im missing?

I believe I see players that shield there healer get very high defender medals

I may be wrong

Thexremstar

I believe I see players that shield there healer get very high defender medals

I may be wrong

Thexremstar

Different medal you are thinking of.

I have noticed a deal in voidstar where occasional you have a mark above your head I belive that is where the defender medals come from by killing the player that gets maked from the game. It seems random and only started noticing it lately.

Getting 3k defender is pretty easy in huttball- kill the ball carrier... some teams that are dominating 5-0 will actually throw the ball to the opposing team to farm defender points.

Voidstar on the other hand... I got 1k defender tonight on my operative, but I'm not sure how... I think I killed a guy who was actually on the door capping when I got it.

Civil War- camp a turret that your team owns.

Different medal you are thinking of.

I have noticed a deal in voidstar where occasional you have a mark above your head I belive that is where the defender medals come from by killing the player that gets maked from the game. It seems random and only started noticing it lately.

Are you sure it's not just your Ops leader marking a target? People often do this with healers to point dps in the direction of who to kill first.

You get points in huttball by causing a turnover i.e. killing blow on the ballcarrier. That is the only way you get points in huttball.

You get points in voidstar by disarming bombs put onto doors. Again that is the only way to get objective points currently.

You get nothing for scoring, planting bombs, opening bridges, downing gates...rather poor design and implementation.

You get points in huttball by causing a turnover i.e. killing blow on the ballcarrier. That is the only way you get points in huttball.

You get points in voidstar by disarming bombs put onto doors. Again that is the only way to get objective points currently.

You get nothing for scoring, planting bombs, opening bridges, downing gates...rather poor design and implementation.

Fixed in 1.2.

This can't be right. I have a bunch of screenshots of me having objective points in Voidstar and I've never defused a planted bomb.

Edit - In fact looking I don't know if I have any Voidstar results screens where I have 0 Voidstar objective points.

Edited by Wallach

To clear things up, because there's some misinformation here:

Civil War - Being in the vicinity of a controlled turret. More points the closer you are and for damaging/killing enemies there.

Huttball - Killing the BC, Killing enemies close to your goal line. More points if both conditions apply and the closer to the goal line.

Voidstar - Interrupting tap. Maybe more, but definitely not killing people close to the door (though maybe if killing enemy defenders close to a tapped door). Possibly more if killing the tapper (it seems even way after he tried to tap).

Also, everything's gonna change with 1.2 - relax.

Edited by wtfnonamefree

I grabbed a few by leg shot'ing anc Cover Pulse'ing people into the pit... and then nuking the ball carrier so that he couldn't pass; It was a premade, but we only lost 3 to 1 because of my acts ^.^.

I hope you got the Hero Cookie medal.

I've gotten it from killing ball carriers at my goal line and killing players attacking my ball carrier. Udually don't hit 3k though.

As for Voidstar, never seen it happen.

to get the 3k defender medal on voidstar you lituraly have to camp a turret from the start of the game and stay there.

to get the 3k defender medal on voidstar you lituraly have to camp a turret from the start of the game and stay there.

Lol, I've gotten 5k in the middle of the match, just run around the objectives and get killing blows on people standing next to the turrets....