Unkillable HEALS - .... seriously ... why???

LFDUVEZ

This is the same problem that has cursed many other popular games: healers are too powerful.

I understand the need to balance to accomodate PVE but seriously when healers heal for 4k+ and we dps hardly ever do this --> WHY???

Good luck getting this puzzle resolved

This is the same problem that has cursed many other popular games: healers are too powerful.

I understand the need to balance to accomodate PVE but seriously when healers heal for 4k+ and we dps hardly ever do this --> WHY???

/ignore

Another noob thread.

Healers are underpowered if focused properly. They're receiving a massive nerf too.

I'm a merc pyro and I crit for over 4k heals and damage. Nerf Paladins,errr wait. :rolleyes:

Healers heal, when was the last time a healer damage crit you for over 4k? While I think some heavy armor healers have a bit too much tankability that really has nothing to do with their heals.

heals actually not too bad unless their guarded and your being taunted then yea their a big pain in the ars. just use your intterupt well learn to weave int with stun and knockbacks so you can abuse the 6 sec cd. I try to attack int atttack stun attack int then stun then my grappel then my int again thats 6 or 7 casts you can botch while damaging just dont expect to kill him by yourself if hes protected by tank.

heals actually not too bad unless their guarded and your being taunted then yea their a big pain in the ars. just use your intterupt well learn to weave int with stun and knockbacks so you can abuse the 6 sec cd. I try to attack int atttack stun attack int then stun then my grappel then my int again thats 6 or 7 casts you can botch while damaging just dont expect to kill him by yourself if hes protected by tank.

Just gonna throw out not everyone has an interrupt. And some only have 1 stun on a long CD. lol Not agreeing with the OP, just sayin.

I wanna know what server you play on, what your class/spec is and to which type of healer you are having trouble with.

Because bucko, all any DPS'er needs to do to kill me is not get distracted by something else.

Healing issues?

GW2 is that way >>

Of course, if one cant master the skills to take down a healer here, how in the world would one think they are going to survive there?

Really bad player but can still post on forums --> WHY???

General rule of thumb when dealing with healers:

"All healers are uber skilled PvP combatants with years of experience. Their healing class only has the survivability of a wet paper bag, but because of their incredible dedication, they play at a level that only few can understand. DPS don't know how to interrupt and only the bads can't kill a healer."

-Did I get that right healers?

--Maybe Bioware should give you a few more shields and survivability tricks...since you're such a soft class.

Edited by Arkerus

pro tip: if you don't know how to kill a certain class, PLAY that class. other player will gladly show you how to do it :D

I played a merc as a main and the heal spec is the easiest thing I've played in this game. The only downside to it is leveling 1-50 solo is slower.

In pvp I used 1 of 3 skills (healing skills) and made big numbers/kept myself/my team up easy

I could stare a marauder in the face and lul as I just keep spamming rapid scan to eliminate all of his try. I get interrupted? I use healing scan instead. That gets interrupted? I use my emergency cooldowns or stun him and wait it out.

Teammate needs healing? I shoot him with my combat support cylinders in between healing myself from the poor marauder and wonder why people think this is hard or skilled, especially wondering why people that do this feel self-entitled.

Edited by MrXen

I played a merc as a main and the heal spec is the easiest thing I've played in this game. The only downside to it is leveling 1-50 solo is slower.

In pvp I used 1 of 3 skills (healing skills) and made big numbers/kept myself/my team up easy

I could stare a marauder in the face and lul as I just keep spamming rapid scan to eliminate all of his try. I get interrupted? I use healing scan instead. That gets interrupted? I use my emergency cooldowns or stun him and wait it out.

Teammate needs healing? I shoot him with my combat support cylinders in between healing myself from the poor marauder and wonder why people think this is hard or skilled, especially wondering why people that do this feel self-entitled.

well, to be fair, in the pre-50 warzones people interrupted my med scan a lot. this doesn't happen in the lvl 50 warzones. there they know to wait and interrupt my big heals. *shrug*

You have obviously not played against good players. A well played/geared marauder will shut you completely down from trying to heal anyone but yourself, and will kill you for sure when your CDs wear out (reactive shield, tech override, medpack, bacta inf., gas cylinder). You wont get off a single channeled healing ability, and the insta ones you get off are gimped by their heal debuff.

This is actually the only game Ive played where a single DpS is able to take out a healer. Even the "supposedly" most powerful PvP healer, commando. Which is pretty bull***** imo, as scoundrels already got way more defensive *** buttons and instacasts.

Its quite simple. As a healer I experience it all the time. 1 good player will kill me 2 bad ones wont. Interupt my healing. Dont let yourself get fooled when I fake cast a dps ability. If you see me using my shield cc me instead of hitting me thats a lot more efficient and a good player knows that. I know ppl want it bang bamg healer dead but thhow it is where would be the challenge in that? Edited by pavelmatejka

That figures how you guys are constantly stunning and cc people ever moment of a WZ. I suggest to Bioware, that stun incur a 1 or 2 min cd on knockback abilities if a stun has been used.

Other than that, I am sceptical about nerfs, its not really the answer, you nerf some ones class another class becomes more powerful, then that's perceived as being over powered, so people cry "I want that nerfed" too. Really dont think nerfing is an answer to our problems for anyone's class, the classes were fine as they were, its just that Bioware listened to the complainers, and did them a favour by introducing those nerfs onto those classes people are crying over.

Healing issues?

GW2 is that way >>

Of course, if one cant master the skills to take down a healer here, how in the world would one think they are going to survive there?

You know what isn't funny. GW2 is that way. And a lot of people are looking forward to it. Sad that BW could have had a good game but can't seem to balance the whole PvP vs PvE thing. Now they are going to nerf the heck out of healing all under the guise of making content harder (which it will), but in reality they just can't figure out how to balance PvP. They developed the game in a vacuum and have learned nothing from the games that have gone before it. Healing already isn't fun in this game.

LF1M Healer. Good luck!

GW2 >>>>>>>>>

I wanna know what server you play on, what your class/spec is and to which type of healer you are having trouble with.

Because bucko, all any DPS'er needs to do to kill me is not get distracted by something else.

^^^ This. And, because of players like the OP, we're getting nailed. Awesome.

At some point, DPS needs to learn how to play. Eventually. I think.

Don't they?

General rule of thumb when dealing with healers:

"All healers are uber skilled PvP combatants with years of experience. Their healing class only has the survivability of a wet paper bag, but because of their incredible dedication, they play at a level that only few can understand. DPS don't know how to interrupt and only the bads can't kill a healer."

-Did I get that right healers?

--Maybe Bioware should give you a few more shields and survivability tricks...since you're such a soft class.

lo, true that, even though my 1st main was a sage healer. Healers here sound like they are uber and don't spam, but DPSers are spammers that never interrupt.

In fact, healers in this game mostly have 4-5 heals, and one big heal is spammable. Rotate those with cooldowns to get proc or whatever then spam that spammable heal. Super easy to play.

Edited by kyuyu