NEW: Wonder Woman trailer

RaithHarth

After that travesty BvS (aka MARTHAAAAA!) And the mediocre "suicide squad", I have zero faith in the DC movies. A trip to the movies cost me around $50-$60 per movie. I'll catch this when it comes to RedBox.

I have zero faith in Marvel studios, I'm so sick and tired of their repetitive forced humor, trying so desperately to be funny, not to mention their terrible villains to go with it, unless of course it's Deadpool, or X-Men: First Class/Days of Future Past, & Logan, but then again those films aren't funded by Disney, it's 20th Century Fox. Even though I will give credit when credit is due, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a great film but the other MCU films are mediocre at best.

At least with Warner Bros they are putting an effort and listening to their fan base by learning from their mistakes, they are open to make a Rated-R DCEU film after seeing what it did for Deadpool, that will never happen with the MCU because it's Disney after all.

Edited by RaithHarth

I have zero faith in Marvel studios, I'm so sick and tired of their repetitive forced humor, trying so desperately to be funny, not to mention their terrible villains to go with it, unless of course it's Deadpool, or X-Men: First Class/Days of Future Past, & Logan, but then again those films aren't funded by Disney, it's 20th Century Fox. Even though I will give credit when credit is due, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a great film but the other MCU films are mediocre at best.

At least with Warner Bros they are putting an effort and listening to their fan base by learning from their mistakes, they are open to make a Rated-R DCEU film after seeing what it did for Deadpool, that will never happen with the MCU because it's Disney after all.

I've enjoyed the MCU movies. No idea how those can be considered terrible. The worst ones, were likely the Thor ones and they still weren't bad.

Also, WB isn't learning from their fan base, look at BvS. Also, which of their fans said "have Batman act stupid and scream Martha?"

Suicide Squad needed a montage to make the whole "We're a family" make sense, since all it did was have them say that, when they're a bunch of villains who spent one day together.

Logan's R rating? It was a bit of a joke. Not because it was R rated. Wolverine totally needs to be able to let loose with the claws, but a lot of the swearing felt forced, and thrown in just because "Hey! We're R rated!" and also the **** flash scene. Which was nothing more than an eye-rolling moment, obviously put in, because again, R rated!

That's not to say Logan shouldn't have had swearing, btw, but don't make it forced like it was.

Deadpool didn't feel forced and it was totally swearing just to swear. Execution goes a long way, and Logan failed on that bit when it came to it's R rating. Still enjoyed it. Hell, I think MoS was the best Superman movie :p Personally thought it was great and then they ruined him with BnS :(

I'm afraid I haven't enjoyed any DC movies for a very, very long time. I would love to love the WW movie but I dunno, it's going to have to get amazing reviews just to get me to watch it on Amazon or something.

Marvel is hit or miss for me, but more likely hit. And Logan wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than ..whatever the last DC movie I saw was. Don't want to spoil, but my favorite scene in the movie featured someone other than Wolverine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Imo, Cap America: The First Avenger was very good too. And the Avengers. Given that I like medieval fantasy, I liked Thor: The Dark World too(first Thor was so meh though). Though, The Winter Soldier is perhaps the best of their filmography. The biggest letdown? The Civil War. I refuse to acknowledge that one even exists. After the first two movies of such calibre and focus, we got...that. Two(maybe three!) films rolled into one. And imo, BvS > TCW. TCW was just a hodge podge of nothing.

I forgot that Marvel wasn't making Deadpool. Why does Stan Lee appear in its trailer then? I mean...Stan advertising a rival house's product? Or maybe he just cares about Marvel comic universe and only cares that the movies are true to the spirit / lore of them, nothin more. Or maybe he went senile :D . I mean, he pretty much is a Methuselah by this point.

Imo, Cap America: The First Avenger was very good too. And the Avengers. Given that I like medieval fantasy, I liked Thor: The Dark World too(first Thor was so meh though). Though, The Winter Soldier is perhaps the best of their filmography. The biggest letdown? The Civil War. I refuse to acknowledge that one even exists. After the first two movies of such calibre and focus, we got...that. Two(maybe three!) films rolled into one. And imo, BvS > TCW. TCW was just a hodge podge of nothing.

I forgot that Marvel wasn't making Deadpool. Why does Stan Lee appear in its trailer then? I mean...Stan advertising a rival house's product? Or maybe he just cares about Marvel comic universe and only cares that the movies are true to the spirit / lore of them, nothin more. Or maybe he went senile :D . I mean, he pretty much is a Methuselah by this point.

Civil War was way better than BvS. BvS had do many problems, one of which was it's terrible pacing and another was trying to build up their movie-verse in one movie (not to mention how they screwed over Superman and seriously...the Martha garbage with Bruce :p).

This isn't to say CW didn't have some issues. Not sure I would count it as worse than First Avengers. Likely tied with WS being the best of the three. Still came out of CW saying "I want another Captain America movie!" While I will of course see the next DCEU movie, I did not come out saying that.

As for Stan Lee. He's Stan Lee. While I'm pretty sure he's not actually working for Marvel anymore, he is Stan Lee! The fact that he wasn't in Fan4tastic, maybe be a sign that it was going to be terrible. :p

As for why he was in Deadpool, he's an extension of New Mutants (his first appearance as the villain) which was an X-tension of the X-Men comics. Most of Marvel's newest comics are some extension of past comics, outside of Angela (which was tied to Thor pretty awesomely imo, even if the comic sucked), I can't think of any really new comic from Marvel lately, that's been good.

Yeah the Captain America trilogy is really the best overall trilogy in the MCU (Civil War seemed a bit over the top with all the pile up of characters without a good story), sure the first Iron Man was good too don't get me wrong, but 2 and 3 were horrible. It's too bad the MCU doesn't own the movie rights to the X-men because I've always considered them the A-team of the Marvel universe and not The Avengers (Age of Ultron wasn't all that great, while the first one was average at best)

The Ultimate Edition of BvS was great, compared to the theatrical version.