BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crit change is pretty minor (check keyboardninja's thread on stat calculations for details).

Hearing the difference in damage there HURTS >_< Bai bai assault burst damage =/

jsut checked his thread.

old crit rating: 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( 2403aim / level55 ) / 6 ) ) = 6.24%

new crit rating: 20 * ( 1 - ( 1 - ( 0.01 / 0.2 ) )^( ( 2403aim / level55 ) / 5.5 ) ) = 6.69%

in what world is that a fix to the massive nerf in crit gains?

Does seem like more of a "shut up we fixed it" kind of thing.

When will BW learn that saying they'll address our concerns is way more helpful when they then go and actually address our concerns.

They're busy leveling up their commandos and mercs and learning how to play them because in over a year since release, no has rolled one.

They're busy leveling up their commandos and mercs and learning how to play them because in over a year since release, no has rolled one.

doubt it

powertech has also gotten a significant nerf with the last PTS patch. they will not be able to compete w/ melee DPS now, and might start losing their RWZ spots.

I mean whatever helps you sleep better at night.

doubt it

powertech has also gotten a significant nerf with the last PTS patch. they will not be able to compete w/ melee DPS now, and might start losing their RWZ spots.

Ranked warzones are for force users only! This is in keeping with proper Star Wars lore.

doubt it

I haven't been able to get many pvp matches, but the ones I did get showed PTs were still doing ok. No comment on the Pyro Mercs.

I haven't been able to get many pvp matches, but the ones I did get showed PTs were still doing ok. No comment on the Pyro Mercs.

the nerf to thermal det has basically cut their burst potential by 40%. pyro PTs wont be able to match the burst output of a melee DPS or a sniper. which means they will probably lose their RWZ spot

not a clue.

there was short-lived thread on the PTS forum from someone whining about how Thermal Det had a lack of synergy with the rest of the Pyrotech tree, and that they wanted it to proc some kind of DoT. that thread is since buried and did not received overly positive reactions from the community, yet it seems to be the thread bioware chose to listen to.

go figure

It was probly them who started they thread to see how people would react to the change, when they saw the rage they followed their standard SOP (launch).

What I find funny is that functionally, all they did to TD/AP in PVE is move it's damage around a little bit hurting it's effectiveness as a burst tool. That last bit also makes it even LESS appealing in PVP.

They wanted synergy not a redesign, so even while they "listened" to that thread, they didn't really.

It's a lot like when we begged for a root, even if it was just attached to one of our knockbacks....so they took away our stockstrike knockback entirely and turned THAT into a root.

GG BW. You're like those genies in stories who go out of their way to interpret wishes in the most convoluted way possible so you can technically give people what they want without ever giving people what they want.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Here are some video examples for the devs to look at in reference to the topic.

What we want Commando to be....

Merc Reference to the above.....

What I think we would accept for Commando....

Merc....

What commando/merc seems like in a WZ....

What Sniper should be....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY61XmDJ-1w

What Sniper is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAf2qjrOGO0

Frustrated and Frantic,

Unhappy and Ugly,

Commandos are constipated,

Kicked and Kicked,

Tired and Telling ,

Hellish and Hurt,

Entwined in Evil,

Developers and Dullards,

Encumbered in Embarassment,

Viciously Vocal,

Elitist Explanations,

Luckless losers,

Obsolete, not Overpowered,

Pain and Punishment,

Entrusted with the End,

Rutty and Rustic,

Still suck.

There.

Edited by DariusCalera

I'm asking you guys to kindly STOP PLAYING COMMANDOS IN PVP, until the class is not a useless piece of crap.

The commando class is pretty totalled at this point and is not worth playing. I don't care if you are "SUPER COMMANDO DESTROYER BOB" you are not good enough to overcome the horror that is the commando class in PvP without putting stress on healers and even then...

I really suggest people who PvP on the commando reroll and just put their commando in storage until major changes come our way. In PvP, you are almost giving the opposing team an advantage by playing one

I hear Bioware is planning to "change" the commandos again...well DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP. Look at all the past patches with their "changes". Anytime Bioware says "Incoming changes for Commandos/Mercs" that usually means "NERFS" or "Well, since we gave the commando this....WE SHOULD REMOVE/CHANGE THIS!".

I mean when you look at it they have already:

- Never fixed the main problem which is that commandos can be STOPPED from CASTING ALL SKILLS.

-Nerfed commando damage.

-Nerfed commando survival A LOT.

-Showed they do not understand what is wrong with the commando (probably because none of them really play the game)

- Flat out ignored most of OBVIOUS problems with the commando (All skills can pretty much be stopped, no real mobility)

I'm asking you guys to kindly STOP PLAYING COMMANDOS IN PVP, until the class is not a useless piece of crap.

The commando class is pretty totalled at this point and is not worth playing. I don't care if you are "SUPER COMMANDO DESTROYER BOB" you are not good enough to overcome the horror that is the commando class in PvP without putting stress on healers and even then...

I really suggest people who PvP on the commando reroll and just put their commando in storage until major changes come our way. In PvP, you are almost giving the opposing team an advantage by playing one

I hear Bioware is planning to "change" the commandos again...well DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP. Look at all the past patches with their "changes". Anytime Bioware says "Incoming changes for Commandos/Mercs" that usually means "NERFS" or "Well, since we gave the commando this....WE SHOULD REMOVE/CHANGE THIS!".

I mean when you look at it they have already:

- Never fixed the main problem which is that commandos can be STOPPED from CASTING ALL SKILLS.

-Nerfed commando damage.

-Nerfed commando survival A LOT.

-Showed they do not understand what is wrong with the commando (probably because none of them really play the game)

- Flat out ignored most of OBVIOUS problems with the commando (All skills can pretty much be stopped, no real mobility)

the big contributors in this thread that still play their commandos/mercs are not the type of player that would bring a team down in regs. thats not to say the vast majority of the time mando/merc is a wasted WZ spot tho, cuz it is unless the person behind the keyboard is very very good.

a lot of us already have re-rolled tho. ive got a powertech and will soon have a sniper as well, so that i can actually participate in RWZs

I agree with the sentiment, heck I've been using my shadow as PVP main for awhile. But part of me thinks if BW DOES see the commando/merc AC drop completely out of PVP they'll just sigh in relief and figure the problem of balancing the class has solved itself.