Companion healing bugged?

Midden

Hi,

playing last night, and my companion Doc seemed to go on a healing work to rule or strike.

Essentially he would do little or no heals until I was at about 10% health - then some would flow in. He seemed to be obsessed with pistol shots. After the fight he has always healed me back to full but not last night he wouldn't heal any damage after combat.

He had all his skills on including med watch, which is what settings I have used in the past when he was a generous healer.

Anyone else experienced this?

Hi,

playing last night, and my companion Doc seemed to go on a healing work to rule or strike.

Essentially he would do little or no heals until I was at about 10% health - then some would flow in. He seemed to be obsessed with pistol shots. After the fight he has always healed me back to full but not last night he wouldn't heal any damage after combat.

He had all his skills on including med watch, which is what settings I have used in the past when he was a generous healer.

Anyone else experienced this?

I only use Doc. For me, his healing is quite erratic. Every other fight he decides he just does not want to heal anymore. Most of the time he does just fine though.

• 1 year later...
I have also noticed him standing around with his thumb up his bottom completely failing to heal me as my HP plummets. And it's not because he's on CD; all his abilities are available, but there he stands doing nothing. I haven't figured out what provokes it or any common thread in when it happens.

I have also noticed him standing around with his thumb up his bottom completely failing to heal me as my HP plummets. And it's not because he's on CD; all his abilities are available, but there he stands doing nothing. I haven't figured out what provokes it or any common thread in when it happens.

Doc Lag... yeah.. that's what it is. Doc Lag. He will heal.. but first you must chomp some dirt so that he knows he is lagging and needs to get with he program. :p

And to the member who necro'ed Doc and his personal problems.. I applaud that you actually use search. :) Just learn to check dates before poping the coffin lid. :D

I've found that healers don't relocate at all just to heal people. If the enemy they are targeting is within their range then they won't move. If someone within their range needs healing then they will heal them (usually). But if you step out of their range then they will completely ignore you and just shoot the mob.

This is not unique to Doc and it's a problem that's been around since forever, so the necromancy here is justified seeing as this still hasn't been fixed; the healer companions still sporadically like to stop being useful.

I've found that healers don't relocate at all just to heal people. If the enemy they are targeting is within their range then they won't move. If someone within their range needs healing then they will heal them (usually). But if you step out of their range then they will completely ignore you and just shoot the mob.

This.

• Dev Post

Hi folks!

There's currently a strange bug that could be the source of your troubles: if you or a group member have a pet out and the pet takes damage, your healing Companion will stop healing players! Unsummoning the pet will make your Companion behave as intended. I'll be sure to put this on the Known Issues with the next update.

Please post here if you find that your healing Companion Character isn't doing their job and it isn't related to your pet. When posting, please provide as many details as you can and we'll be sure to investigate.

:ph_cheers:

~Amber

It's not just healing it seems. I need to investigate more, but lately I've noticed my companions just completely ignoring everything unless I get directly attacked or the companion gets hit. It used to be that the moment I started shooting at a target my comp would attack it. Not any more, at least not all the time.

Maybe something changed, I just started noticing it recently.

This. My healer will stand there and shoot, no matter how far away I am (I have all of his attacks disabled and in healing mode), unless I manually order him to heal, then he will start healing me again.

Note: I never have a pet out.

I find that my healing companion doesn't like to move when healing it stands still in combat, so if i move out of range it will do the basic DPS to the mob and will not move in range of me so it can heal me???

Also they won't heal if you mez a target middle of combat, sometimes after when you wake them up, they won't resume healing...

Also, and this is just a pet peeve, the healer companion tries to mez immune to cc mobs... What's that all about? I hate having to shut it off all the time when I fight a cc immune boss because he/she refuses to heal and instead continues to try and cc the target.... Can't you add a "if target is cc immune, don't use x skill" type code to them?

Edited by Psychopyro

Yeah, not wanting to move in combat is the only issue I've had with my healers. This was especially noticable during the Archon fight and the boss fight for Guarded Research (the Heroic +2 on Makeb). I generally solo the latter, but have to run from room to room if my interrupts are on cooldown and the boss uses Artillery. He follows me, but Quinn only heals me if I run past him or he happens to see me again. It's quite annoying.

Hi folks!

There's currently a strange bug that could be the source of your troubles: if you or a group member have a pet out and the pet takes damage, your healing Companion will stop healing players! Unsummoning the pet will make your Companion behave as intended. I'll be sure to put this on the Known Issues with the next update.

Please post here if you find that your healing Companion Character isn't doing their job and it isn't related to your pet. When posting, please provide as many details as you can and we'll be sure to investigate.

:ph_cheers:

~Amber

I have actualy run into this but i think i found a work around, if you turn off the cc which is usualy carbonize stream they continue healing, its as if they are trying to cc but with the new rule set upon them where they cant cc npcs under x health they will attempt to but the rules stops them, they get a headache and pass out.

I've had the range issues with Quinn, Mako, Dorne, and Doc. They all seem to stop healing me, or even a groupmate if we get too far away from them. Used to they'd come forward in the fight as we did but now the only time I see them walking forward is when I'm not in a fight. Also, don't start a fight and happen to turn a corner while doing so cause you've just gone into a pure solo mode. It's like they can no longer figure out how to walk forward and step around the corner themselves. Also of note I've turned off carbonized stream and the electric wave mez thing to help them focus on healing rather than cc, and while at times that may help them right now I'm a lot better off tanking things with a dps companion than a healer, unless fighting a champ mob, cause of these healing issues.

The 'not entering combat range' one is the worst when you are a Jedi or Warrior. Leaping into combat often leaves your healer companion standing where you jumped from and refusing to move up.

This. Doc won't reposition himself to get into range. Found myself < 10% fighting an elite. Didn't have any pets out.

Yeah i've been having problems with Mako since 2.0. She only has her healing powers switched on yet she won't heal me unless I'm nearly dead by which time its too late, instead she'll just use her pistol and shoot. She also won't move and relocate to stay in healing range during fights, and this is without having a pet active.

Also they won't heal if you mez a target middle of combat, sometimes after when you wake them up, they won't resume healing...

Also, and this is just a pet peeve, the healer companion tries to mez immune to cc mobs... What's that all about? I hate having to shut it off all the time when I fight a cc immune boss because he/she refuses to heal and instead continues to try and cc the target.... Can't you add a "if target is cc immune, don't use x skill" type code to them?

I haven't checked this in a while, but I know that if I CC a target and kill everything else, the healer won't heal me until I break the CC. I have to manually activate their heals to top me off before killing the last mob. This is especially annoying when you're trying to solo groups with golds. I've noticed though that if I engage combat first and then CC then I don't have the problem. I haven't tested if I just need to get in combat first or if I actually have to damage them to work around the issue.

I'm not having the problem with Quinn but I'm having the problem with Dorne. She doesn't want to heal at all and companions get stuck. I'm constantly having to dismiss them and recall them to get them to where I am. Yesterday, Qyzen was drunk as hell on some Trandosian liquor. He was falling on his face every time I moved somewhere.