OK, am I missing something here???

mpddispatch

So, Ive been trying to figure out all the new crafting tweeks and trying to figure our how to craft mods/armor/hilts etc etc with a rating better than 186. I guess you cant unless you do operations, loot mods from drops and then RE them for the schematic. Is this correct? If it is it seems a bit odd that we are forced into doing OPs just to be able to craft something better than what has been in the game since 3.0. I mean, heck, I'm getting junk loot drops in KoTFE that are 202+ rated. I guess I'm missing the point here or something.

Also, this is a copy/paste from the blog about crafting changes:

Crafters can now make gear equivalent to Story and Hard Mode Operations gear:

This gear can be acquired from their respective Trainer.

This crafted gear, when Reverse Engineered is equivalent to Story Mode Operations gear.

When this Story Mode equivalent gear is Reverse Engineered, a player can acquire the schematic to craft Hard Mode Operations equivalent gear.

This new gear has a guaranteed Reverse Engineer chance.

My question is, where the hell is this "trainer"? All my trainer offers is 178 rated gear that RE's to 186. Is this now SM OPs gear? And how does this "guaranteed reverse engineer chance" work exactly? I trained for a piece of the 178 gear, crafted it and then RE'd it but I didnt get the next tier of gear, all I got was some materials back. Is there some other trainer that offers this SM OPs gear with a 100% RE chance other than my crew skill trainer?