Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HKtheindomitable's Avatar


HKtheindomitable
08.21.2017 , 09:56 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
You do realize that once a bug is made public the knowledge of said bug is no longer covered by NDA so those who have tested it can talk about it and it is not hard to find people who have access to testing which is every iinfluencer as the last few content patches they released operations boss fights before the patch release and those influencer have to publicly state they are to cover themselves so as you can see it isn't that hard.
Reminder: I never said anything about an NDA or it not to be discussed. You just said that yourself.

Recitation: I said that your claim to inside information, meaning you have talked with someone that has tested it and experienced said bug, is nothing more than hear-say.

Recitation: And again, if the bug wasn't fixed yet, it was either difficult to recreate, or low on a long list of bugs, or even one that has been difficult to deal with.

Cautionary: And don't think for a second that they weren't working on the bug. Just because it wasn't fixed yet, doesn't mean they haven't been working on it. It could very well be that it's been plaguing them this whole time. Jumping to negative conclusions about things, especially when there is even one legitimate reason for it, is not a healthy habit.

Conclusion: Now, this has gone on long enough. I shall not post anymore on the subject to you, seeing as we are the only two posting, and thereby cluttering the thread. You can respond if you like, but I'll never see it. You may have found the delay disappointing, but guess what? Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground. This is reality. I cannot force you to see reason, only hope that you will see past the way things seem to be, and perceive the truth with fact. The truth that you cannot see how things operate there, and therefore have no idea that something "should have been taken care of long ago" and that "they don't care" is the reality. The truth, that the facts speak for themselves when presented. It is only a matter of you going against the crowd and being willing to look at them, think for yourself, and realize what is really going on.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Ebon Hawk | Captain |International Guild

Kaizersan's Avatar


Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 09:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Reminder: I never said anything about an NDA or it not to be discussed. You just said that yourself.

Recitation: I said that your claim to inside information, meaning you have talked with someone that has tested it and experienced said bug, is nothing more than hear-say.

Recitation: And again, if the bug wasn't fixed yet, it was either difficult to recreate, or low on a long list of bugs, or even one that has been difficult to deal with.

Cautionary: And don't think for a second that they weren't working on the bug. Just because it wasn't fixed yet, doesn't mean they haven't been working on it. It could very well be that it's been plaguing them this whole time. Jumping to negative conclusions about things, especially when there is even one legitimate reason for it, is not a healthy habit.

Conclusion: Now, this has gone on long enough. I shall not post anymore on the subject to you, seeing as we are the only two posting, and thereby cluttering the thread. You can respond if you like, but I'll never see it. You may have found the delay disappointing, but guess what? Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground. This is reality. I cannot force you to see reason, only hope that you will see past the way things seem to be, and perceive the truth with fact. The truth that you cannot see how things operate there, and therefore have no idea that something "should have been taken care of long ago" and that "they don't care" is the reality. The truth, that the facts speak for themselves when presented. It is only a matter of you going against the crowd and being willing to look at them, think for yourself, and realize what is really going on.
it's not the delay that is the issue it is the timing and the apparent lack of quality testing.

Kaizersan's Avatar


Kaizersan
08.21.2017 , 10:03 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
really, according to another influencer kidlee cannot talk about anything that was in the PTS, and I could get proof of him saying that,
but If not then it would be fine and easy to show proof then, or this info has the same value as your other claims on reddit
If that was the truth then he would have never been able to release his 2 videos showing the 2 operations boss fights which are from the PTS which he was under NDA for but like I pointed out once something is made public it is no longer covered by the NDA because BW itself released that it existed and if you don't believe me ask him yourself.

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
08.22.2017 , 03:50 AM | #44
I hope you guys can re-code overnight, but Eric, that is hard to make sure with just 1 extra day, 1 fix can bring in a new /bug by accident. I would wait til' Friday, but that leads into the weekend which isn't good.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

MandFlurry's Avatar


MandFlurry
08.22.2017 , 04:20 AM | #45
They probably have other /bugs. If i were them, i might just wait til' next week. No big deal really, as long as the /bugs get outed.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
08.22.2017 , 04:25 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
They probably have other /bugs. If i were them, i might just wait til' next week. No big deal really, as long as the /bugs get outed.
They don't have the testing ability of an entire playerbase. I doubt they'll find every bug there is in their game in only one week with one or two guy. It's probably the same reason why the important part of class balance is so slow to happen. Probably because they only have one guy to do it.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !
Although, I stopped playing, so maybe don't bother with it

UmbralSpirit's Avatar


UmbralSpirit
08.22.2017 , 06:20 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post


I apologize for the late notice on this.

-eric
Apology....not accepted, you are evil and noone likes you anymore!

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
08.22.2017 , 08:51 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
the problem with your logic is that you think this is acceptable when bugs like this should have been ironed out well before release and should never had made it into the final build.


Here is the flaw in your logic here: You assume since they don't disclose major bugs to us during testing, and that would not affect a patch release date, that no such bugs exist, are found and fixed, etc... before release. Since they only disclose bugs that could in some way have a serious negative impact to players.... you assume these are the only bugs and are only found right before patch day.

And I would like to note that Eric pointed out that this particular bug was serious enough that they were not comfortable going live with it in the patch and chose to delay the patch. Which clearly demonstrates that they look at each bug in context and not all bugs require a delay in patch (no matter what some players insist). Clearly this one did warrant a delay on the patch... which makes complete sense since many many players will be hammering that new FP on minute one in the game after patch... because they will be chasing after the stronghold.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive,” - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

aerockyul's Avatar


aerockyul
08.22.2017 , 12:13 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Conclusion: Now, this has gone on long enough. I shall not post anymore on the subject to you, seeing as we are the only two posting, and thereby cluttering the thread. You can respond if you like, but I'll never see it. You may have found the delay disappointing, but guess what? Plans are fragile things, and life often dashes expectations to the ground. This is reality. I cannot force you to see reason, only hope that you will see past the way things seem to be, and perceive the truth with fact. The truth that you cannot see how things operate there, and therefore have no idea that something "should have been taken care of long ago" and that "they don't care" is the reality. The truth, that the facts speak for themselves when presented. It is only a matter of you going against the crowd and being willing to look at them, think for yourself, and realize what is really going on.
QFT
/5char
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Akhalann, Selauna, Vaisis Jaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Káhlán
Kahntara, Meekoto, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire, Katie Bee
Satele Shan Subliminal Message to Fool Clickers pending

Kaizersan's Avatar


Kaizersan
08.22.2017 , 01:31 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post


Here is the flaw in your logic here: You assume since they don't disclose major bugs to us during testing, and that would not affect a patch release date, that no such bugs exist, are found and fixed, etc... before release. Since they only disclose bugs that could in some way have a serious negative impact to players.... you assume these are the only bugs and are only found right before patch day.

And I would like to note that Eric pointed out that this particular bug was serious enough that they were not comfortable going live with it in the patch and chose to delay the patch. Which clearly demonstrates that they look at each bug in context and not all bugs require a delay in patch (no matter what some players insist). Clearly this one did warrant a delay on the patch... which makes complete sense since many many players will be hammering that new FP on minute one in the game after patch... because they will be chasing after the stronghold.
No because such testing and announcement should be done the firday before the patch not the day before to allow for players to adjust the time they set aside and like I said in other post here I asked a few testers about this bug and it was reported awhile back during testing so it should have been fixed or announced the friday before not the day before.