Why no love for warrior/knight with these new armor sets?

DuaneTremolo

I was thrilled to see the old Revanite/Deceiver/Dark Reaver and Kell Dragon sets become available again through the 6.0 set bonus armor... but it seems all other classes got them all back, while warrior/knights got none! Unless I'm mistaken:

1. Operatives/smugglers got Debilitator and then Precise Targeter and Escape Artist.
  2. Bounty hunters/troopers got Hunter Killer and then Woad's Instinct and Concentrated Fire.
  3. Inquisitors/consulars got Empowered Restorer and then Soulbender and Revitalized Mystic.

So far, so good, right? Knocking it out of the park with these re-issues of some of the best armor sets SWTOR ever produced. And so what did warriors/knights get? No equivalent of the Kell Dragon sets imp or pub. Disappointing, but fine, maybe they're saving those two for a future release with some new set bonuses (though the existence of the animation-less Tormented set is troubling... why wouldn't that have been a Kell Dragon clone?).

The one that kills me though is that instead of Dashing Blademaster matching the old Dark Reaver set, they inexplicably took just the helmet, and then cloned Hunter Killer for the rest. I know this is a minor detail to dwell on, but WHY!? After the unholy mishmash that was the Ardent Oracle set, why fumble this obvious slam dunk opportunity to finally get these sets out again? Why get so close to nailing it and then botching that one? And why is this the only class that suffers all these omissions?

I can't see what difference it really makes. You can still wear the old armor in an outfit.

Also, while the idea of particular class "sets" make sense for bonuses, and I can understand the desire of some people to wear "class armor", I'm not one of those people. I tend to wear armor "outfits" I like the look of - mostly class neutral.

These days, I use a bonus set as my base armor, but I'm almost always displaying an outfit anyway.

Edited by JediQuaker

There's really only a few sets that standout, notably the Death Knell set for Shadows. Most tank sets are crap. Even the DPS and Healers sets are average at best. You're better off just min/maxing your stats. And as mentioned above, utilize the outfit designer if you're really wanting a specific look.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm only concerned about the outfit/cosmetics here. I'm saying if you want those old looks but say you weren't around or leveled up enough to get Dark Reaver sets back when they were available, it seems like the intent here was to give current players a chance to enjoy those looks, too. Of course, if you got those original sets and still have them, you can still outfit them. But that was what, five years ago? I imagine most current players don't have them.

So with Debilitator, Hunter Killer, etc. now they can. But for the old warrior/knight sets... for some reason... those were left out. Very frustrating!