Powertech Goofy Laughter

b_ischo

In PVP matches I noticed Powertechs doing a weird and very annoying Goofy-like laughter, goes like "ÜgÜgÜgÜg" with the pitch rising. Is this supposed to be funny or is it a certain skill?

Just wondering as it annoys the hell out of me - psychological warfare maybe. ;)

yeah thats the sign that your about to get hit with another 4-5k railshot

And that Goofy laughter is supposed to be a railgun!? :eek:

Oh well, I guess in a game where having planes as shoulder pads is normal that's ok as well. It's a fun game, but I really don't get such (sound) design decisions.

Edited by b_ischo

it used to be really bad early in the game, every class had some stupid laugh that got triggered in pvp. It was like constant laughter. Hopefully the dev who came up with that one, was one of the ones EA fired.

And that Goofy laughter is supposed to be a railgun!? :eek:

Oh well, I guess in a game where having planes as shoulder pads is normal that's ok as well. It's a fun game, but I really don't get such (sound) design decisions.

No, that would be stupid. The chuckle is the what happens when the railshot cooldown resets. Hence the comment that you're about to get hit by another one. It's not the ACTUAL railshot.

... The laugh is from a crit. It hpretty sure it is from the railshot resetas always come from crits. Operatives have it as well.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with crit. As others have stated it is the sign that railshot has become available again via proc. Operatives/scoundrels no longer have a laugh. They used to do a giggle when they gained a stack of upperhand via proc but the devs removed it. Why they removed it and let the vanguard/pt laugh remain though is a mystery...

Edit - sorry i screwed the quote up as typing on stupid tiny mobile screen.

Edited by besbin

In PVP matches I noticed Powertechs doing a weird and very annoying Goofy-like laughter, goes like "ÜgÜgÜgÜg" with the pitch rising.

***...To me, it sounds like a regular "ha" laughter. "Hahahaha." Four times, even pitch. The 'H' is very distinguishable, with a near-open front unrounded vowel sound to the laughter, not the close front rounded vowel sound of the umlauted form of 'U' that you described. lol