Vanguard or Operative

Nortumberland

Hello, guys!

I'd like to play a non-force user class for a change. I'm looking for a military-spec-ops-like spec that uses a blaster rifle a lot. I've tried tactics vanguard and lethality operative, and pushed em to lvl 14-15. I don't know how they perform at 70-sh, so I'd appreciate your advice on which one, do you think, I should focus on. I'm mainly interested in soloing/4-man PvE content, btw.

Thank you in advance!:)

Played both and I prefer the Op. Reason why is its far more survivable and versatile. While just my opinion the PT/Vanguard is in a really bad place and after leveling my VG to 70 I have zero interest in playing it.

I'm looking for a military-spec-ops-like spec that uses a blaster rifle a lot.

Operative isn't even remotely compatible with "military-spec-ops-type". Vanguard is (for story purposes) a Special Forces soldier, while Operative, being an Imperial Agent, is more of a hybrid of saboteur / agent provocateur / infiltrator, and not military at all.

They're two very different classes. Go with the one you like best. You haven't played the classes long enough to really get a feel for them.

If you want to solo things go scoundrel. hands down way easier.

For groups if you're prepared to tank you will get near instant group queues with a vanguard. If you're prepared to heal on a scoundrel you'll get a faster q but may take a while. It's still shorter than what a DPS has to wait.