EC HM Kephess Help

Hey guys! Been searching around the web trying to find a good guide that can help my guild out. We've been making progress over the past month through EC HM, and this week we finally got past Firebrand/Stormcaller, and made our way to Kephess.

During the first phase, we quickly figured out that we needed to have people interrupted all three droids on their calibrated ability, since the first two times we did not bother interrupting and watched as our healers were destroyed. Once we started coordinated interrupting, that first phase was smooth.

However, it was during the 2nd phase (the Trandoshian Warrior and his shield buddies) that just destroyed us. We couldn't figure out the best way to do it. We thought about having one tank AoE taunt the whole group, then the off-tank solo taunt the warrior and pull him away. Then the next group, the off-tank would AoE taunt and the main tank would solo taunt the warrior. But by the third group, our main-tank's AoE taunt would still be down. Wipe.

Then we tried to just all DPS the warrior and forget about taunts. I'm pretty sure the saturated fire from the Warstrider got us, but again, wipe.

I'm just wondering, what is the preferred method for phase 2 with the Trandoshian Warriors?

Also, no one in our group has any columi...all black hole/campaign with a few assorted pieces of rakata here and there. During the first burn phase on the warstrider, we could only get him down to about 72% before the first set of Trandoshians spawned. I know our DPS should not be an issue, since when we took down Firebrand/Stormcaller, they never enraged.

We are doing NiM ec and have been on last boss for some time and it has taught us a few things we didnt worry about on HM.

The dps time you have on the walker is dependent on how quickly the person with the bomb stands under the walker. If say you take an extra 3-5 seconds to walk and position yourself properly under the walker, thats 3-5 secs on waste dps and the warrior pack will come out at the same time.

The ******(saturation fire) follows a set pattern and you can predict where it is going to be next. This way you can take the warriors/bombardier to where there will be no aoe. Will take a few tried to get the hang of but you should gradually get an idea of the timing etc.

The warrior packs can be dealt with in a few different ways.

1) Get 1/2 dps to position where the warrior spawns. whenever an add spawns during a fight, they always have double the threat for tanks as compared to others. So all of them will start running towards your tank and if the warrior is hit by 1/2 dps as soon as he spawns, he will stay there. the 2 melee dps can kill the warrior the ranged can 2 tanks can hold aggro on adds without using aoe taunts and kill them before the next pack comes out. Rinse and repeat.

2) you get 1 of the tanks to taunt the warrior and run away. Warrior follows the tank, 2nd tank + all dps burn adds. then burn warrior, tank gets ready for pack 2.

most people keep 1 add alive. towards the end of this phase. This is beacuse the enrage timer does not start till kephess jumps down from the walker. This means if you have a death earlier, or healers are low on force etc. You keep 1 warroir alive and wait for everyone to get force back, or for a stealth class to use incombat stealth and rez the dead guy without wasting a battle res.

Hope this helps. when you get to other phases and have issues, we can help you with them as well :)

Also, search youtube. lots of vids that explain strats.

Hey guys! Been searching around the web trying to find a good guide that can help my guild out. We've been making progress over the past month through EC HM, and this week we finally got past Firebrand/Stormcaller, and made our way to Kephess.

During the first phase, we quickly figured out that we needed to have people interrupted all three droids on their calibrated ability, since the first two times we did not bother interrupting and watched as our healers were destroyed. Once we started coordinated interrupting, that first phase was smooth.

However, it was during the 2nd phase (the Trandoshian Warrior and his shield buddies) that just destroyed us. We couldn't figure out the best way to do it. We thought about having one tank AoE taunt the whole group, then the off-tank solo taunt the warrior and pull him away. Then the next group, the off-tank would AoE taunt and the main tank would solo taunt the warrior. But by the third group, our main-tank's AoE taunt would still be down. Wipe.

Then we tried to just all DPS the warrior and forget about taunts. I'm pretty sure the saturated fire from the Warstrider got us, but again, wipe.

I'm just wondering, what is the preferred method for phase 2 with the Trandoshian Warriors?

Also, no one in our group has any columi...all black hole/campaign with a few assorted pieces of rakata here and there. During the first burn phase on the warstrider, we could only get him down to about 72% before the first set of Trandoshians spawned. I know our DPS should not be an issue, since when we took down Firebrand/Stormcaller, they never enraged.

Have a marauder/jugg leap to the warrior (the one with the shield) and kill it for all 3 groups. Boom problem solved.

you are trivializing the problem and looking at it how someone who has cleared NiM would look at HM or someone who has cleared HM would look at SM.

The solution of a mara leaping to the warrior and killing it will work wonders, but does not get them thinking about NiM and does not take into account a group without a mara.

No raid group is the same. Strategy that works for one group may not work for another. The first thing to consider is your dps : what classes and spec? Do you have burst AoE damage? or burst single target damage? How fast can your tanks move? Kiting the warrior away is easier with an assassin tank (force sprint), not so much for Jugg/Powertech. The classes that excel at single target DPS are annihilation/carnage marauders, Vengence Jugg, Deception Sin, MM snipers and Arsenal commando. If your group has two or more of the above, then you should kill the warrior first. Pyrotech and Lightning/Madness sorc will benefit more from the kite-away strategy.

There is a small alcove in the middle of the right wall (reference to the direction as you enter). Have everyone stand inside that alcove, and you're safe from saturation fire during the first two spawn.

72% is way too high. You need to get him down to 65% at least. Make sure everyone is popping their relics/adrenals, and even the healers should DPS. My merc healer does over 100k in damage for the HM Kephess fight. The extra damage allowed us to take down Kephess HM a lot easier.

Great, thanks for the replies guys! Based on our raid groups make-up, it's looking like we should just burn down the Warriors rather than kiting them away. Our group, by the way:

Powertech (Tank)

Juggernaut (Tank)

Mercenary (Arsenal DPS)

Powertech (Pyrotech DPS)

Marauder (Carnage DPS)

Sorcerer (Madness DPS)

Sorcerer (Heals)

Operative (Heals)

Two ways to do that, both work depending on gear/experience.

1) Have a tank/offtank (IE dps with taunt) move to the next spawn group and peel the warrior and let him kill the warrior by himself while the rest of the group kills the adds.

2) have everybody focus on the warrior and kill the rest soon afterwards.

Both work, and tbh you shouldn't really be needing the aoe taunt to survive. Sure it's helpful but if you have decent dps they will pull aggro off the tank anyway.

The way we do it is simular as some alrdy stated.

In this case im 1 of the tanks what i do i position myself were the 1st pack will spawn assoon khepess start talking while you are dpsing the big droid.

What i do as an assassin tank the moment the pack spawns i pop shroud and aoe the adds ( no damage cause of shroud reflected bck to me ), the other tank taunts the warrior seperate it from te rest and kills it while i hold the rest grouped up to aoe them down as fast as possible.

2nd pack appears during that aoe, i use my aoe taunt to get them , other tank taunts the warrior again etc etc.

3rd pack shroud is bck up i sprint towards them pop shroud aoe the adds other tank takes the warrior again , and the aoe will nuke the rest

Conversely, if you have decent tanks they'll hold threat.

tbh the only way a tank is going to keep aoe aggro off me as a dps commando is if the trenchgutters die before the 6 seconds of the taunt are up. Otherwise, it won't happen.

[Edit: which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I can survive well enough and removing them from the tanks may help them survive as well, those things hurt a lot]

Edited by GeckoOBac

tbh the only way a tank is going to keep aoe aggro off me as a dps commando is if the trenchgutters die before the 6 seconds of the taunt are up. Otherwise, it won't happen.

[Edit: which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I can survive well enough and removing them from the tanks may help them survive as well, those things hurt a lot]

Not in NiM. I have to ask my dps to wait a few seconds before engaging. 2 withers and 1 discharge is enough most of the time, but as it only hits 5 ppl, there is a chance it does not hit a particular trenchcutter at all and he will run to dps on aoe, and in NiM that means dps is as good as dead unless he can be taunted off, which is hard as tab target feks it up all the time