Game Update 3.1: Conflict on Rishi

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and are these the same walker mounts that we've been grinding out Yavin IV reputation for? If so then really really lame.

No, they are the same walkers that have been dropping in hardmode Tython/Korriban/Manaan/Rakata though so nothing new..

Also getting an access denied error page when trying to visit this page: http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/conflict-on-rishi

Edited by Iwipe

Guys we shouldn't be so hard on Bioware really.

I mean, what other video game company do we know of that is quite as green as they are? They are so fantastic at recycling stuff.

Good job Bioware, you should take a bow for being so digitally environmentally aware.

Kudos to you and your content recycling efforts. I hope more game companies look to you to be a leader and innovator in game content recycling.

:)

guys we shouldn't be so hard on bioware really.

I mean, what other video game company do we know of that is quite as green as they are? They are so fantastic at recycling stuff.

Good job bioware, you should take a bow for being so digitally environmentally aware.

Kudos to you and your content recycling efforts. I hope more game companies look to you to be a leader and innovator in game content recycling.

:)

10/10

The BA-2 Command Walker is already a rare a drop from the last boss of Battle of Rishi FP. It differs slightly from the Yavin Rep walker.

Flashpoints seem dead to me atm. Maybe conquest and/or rewards need to be increased?

Also, I like recycled content -- as long as there is a good amount of new content to go with it.

The BA-2 Command Walker is already a rare a drop from the last boss of Battle of Rishi FP. It differs slightly from the Yavin Rep walker.

Flashpoints seem dead to me atm. Maybe conquest and/or rewards need to be increased?

Also, I like recycled content -- as long as there is a good amount of new content to go with it.

Cranking the difficulty up on a previous flashpoint does not make it "new content".

Adding a new armor is sort of new content, but I hold my thoughts on that till its proven they didn't just typo and recycle-advertise the token-Comms gear we collect for PVE.

Also ranked pvp season 4 with no new modes or maps? Yeah I'm sure the PVP crowd is just ******* crazy about that one.

So, I don't know where you could possibly get "a good amount of new content" to go with your recycled content this patch.

Wait, what? Hardmode flashpoints are not new content. The start of a new PVP season isn't either. The Gree returning is....well, returning content that is anything but new.

There's really no way to downplay this... they seriously have released a content patch without content. This bodes awfully well for the rest of the year, now that content cycles have moved from nine to TWELVE weeks. :mad:

My new Sage is level 21 now. If there's not anything exciting by the time she's 60, she may well be the last character I level. :(

Can some of you possibly be more ungrateful? (Don't answer that.) Granted you are paying for it, but this is a minor content patch. I still have several characters to even get to 60, let alone get through all the FPs. The current HMs are still kicking people's asses and now we complain when we get more?

If this patch was what they listed plus a bunch of bug fixes, would that mean more? A bunch of you are always clamoring for the fabled "bug fix only patch" (which is a gross waste of resources to begin with).

I must be completely crazy to see these release notes and say "that makes sense considering its patch 3.1." I'm not sure what else you expected. We already know there are some much bigger items coming soon.

With your little news article you'd think this was something great....

The "new" armor is ULGY, like 90% of the rest of the armor in this game. GET SOME NEW ARMOR DESIGNERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! For the love of god.

Illuminated light for stronghold, where you don't even need it? And who cares about that? Not me.

Yet, it is boring recycled lackluster content. I have never understood what is so exciting about Hard Mode versions of flashpoints. Whoopdy freakin do. The SAME flashpoint, just harder. "snore". I suppose the NiM versions of Ravagers and Temple will be some "great new content" as well? Again, boring. Nothing new = forget it.

At least in 3.2 we get appearance option updates.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Was fully expecting this patch to be super-light on content - since the same was the case with 2.1 and 2.2 and we hadn't heard anything in prior weeks to make me this one would be different.

I'm amused that they're actually trying to spin it as anything significant, but then I suppose they do one of these articles for all of their 'content' updates.

Was fully expecting this patch to be super-light on content - since the same was the case with 2.1 and 2.2 and we hadn't heard anything in prior weeks to make me this one would be different.

^ Pretty much this. They've been working on SoR for months now, they can't just churn out a fully-fledged update this shortly afterwards, especially considering that we had a holiday break in between. We've known that 3.1 would not be a big patch for weeks now, so I'm not too disappointed.

Don't forget that it's not just hard mode, we are also getting a new bonus boss with it. From my limited testing on the PTS, it is very challenging. He hands out some kind of toxin, and you need to be careful to have just the right amount of stacks, otherwise you are one-shotted. I just hope he will have a more profitable reward than the other level 60 HM bonus bosses, otherwise I doubt many PuG groups will invest the time and repair costs to kill him.

I'm still hoping that they will put all their energy in game update 3.2 and that it will be much, much more than a daily area. Hopefully, Ziost will be at least as big, if not bigger than Rishi or Yavin 4, and we'll also get a flashpoint or operation along with it. Anything less than that and the players who are thinking of quitting ATM will be gone for good.

Edited by Jerba

I'm still hoping that they will put all their energy in game update 3.2 and that it will be much, much more than a daily area. Hopefully, Ziost will be at least as big, if not bigger than Rishi or Yavin 4, and we'll also get a flashpoint or operation along with it. Anything less than that and the players who are thinking of quitting ATM will be gone for good.

Eh, I really doubt Ziost will be as big as Rishi. That being said, I do hope it's fairly large.

I think every level cap needs a small-ish daily area (Black Hole for 50, CZ-198 for 55) for variety and to cater to different play-styles / amounts of free time, but I hope Ziost isn't the area they use to fit that bill for level 60. (Both because I love Ziost in the lore, so the more we get of it the better in my book, and because I think coming off of this light 3.1 Update we'll need something more substantial.)

Also I do not expect they'll give us a new Operation in 3.2 along with Ziost - we just got 2 Ops in December, I don't think we'll get a new one 4 / 5 months later. Now 3.3, on the other hand, really should have a new one - we can't go another 14 months without an Op, 6-8 months is a good window for new ones IMHO.

A new Flashpoint or two in 3.2, though, that sounds more reasonable to fill out the level 60 roster, at least for Tacticals.

EDIT: Actually, just realized we aren't getting NiMs for Ravagers or ToS in 3.1, so I'd bet 3.2's highlights will be:

-Ziost (presumably Daily Area)

-NiM Ravagers (and maybe NiM ToS)

-Outfit Designer

Edited by DarthDymond