Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

Jinre_the_Jedi
02.22.2019 , 02:15 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't feel like taking my 5.x Shadows and Sins into ranked nowadays. I got silver in S7 ranked on my serenity shadow. Looking back, S7 ended with the 5.0 expansion. Back then, merc/mandos were free kills, maras weren't so stronk, and sage/sorc heals were way OP. It's not that Serenity/Hatred was better back then, it's just that now the class balance is heavily tuned toward melee burst and godmode DCD buttons and defensives.

So I guess we serenity shadows are fine, but don't ask us to quickly 1v1 a side node anymore. It's considerably more difficult in this meta. May as well go infiltration.
Sins are still viable in Ranked. I play Hatred/Serenity less than I used to, but I still play the spec here and there and I can still outplay my opponents, even despite not having Low Slash.

TheDramaKing
02.22.2019 , 07:43 AM | #52
In SR 4dps vs 4dps and without too many nets, yes.
In TR there is no reason to go Sin when you can have burst classes that deal more damage, have better DCDs and provide better group buffs than a Mass Taunt.
(Playing Hatred in a cleave comp may work, but cleave comps are very situational anyway)
The only particularly good thing they left to Sin is Low Slash, that they are probably gonna remove in some future patch seening how they like to nerf this class "just because why not".

Rion_Starkiller
02.25.2019 , 11:26 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Sins are still viable in Ranked. I play Hatred/Serenity less than I used to, but I still play the spec here and there and I can still outplay my opponents, even despite not having Low Slash.
Maybe I'll pick it up again. I'm kind of bored of my other classes/specs.

Welcome back, Krea. I enjoy your guides and vids.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

DzastinBiberi
03.03.2019 , 10:30 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
Please check the videos in my post above yours, think you may find them interesting.

I think our force management was way better in classic SWTOR. Sadly, however, I don't think they could ever go back to that system. If they did we'd have far too much force regen.
That spec as a whole was much better in classic SWTOR than it is now.

Hatred sins need buff on their defence and force managment.

Majspuffen
03.18.2019 , 10:49 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
That spec as a whole was much better in classic SWTOR than it is now.

Hatred sins need buff on their defence and force managment.
Agreed. While it's an unpopular opinion, I don't like the dot-spreading. I especially don't like how it caused us to receive a nerf to our self-healing. If we want to get any relevant self-healing we pretty much have to dot the entire enemy team. I'm not immune to the charms of scoreboardwh*ring, but it feels cheap to do so as a Madness Assassin/Serenity Shadow. Spec had way more elegance in the original game.

Rion_Starkiller
03.19.2019 , 11:48 AM | #56
I would like it if they moved the DoT spread back to Death Field. Death Field should be centered on self, similar to how Vigilant Thrust works for Guardians.

What's the radius of Death Field? 10m? Once upon a time, Serenity/Hatred's role was to control grouped melee opponents with nasty dot spreads and an aoe taunt in pvp. 4m whirling blow dot spread doesn't quite cut it, imo.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Sirolos
03.21.2019 , 11:43 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I would like it if they moved the DoT spread back to Death Field. Death Field should be centered on self, similar to how Vigilant Thrust works for Guardians.

What's the radius of Death Field? 10m? Once upon a time, Serenity/Hatred's role was to control grouped melee opponents with nasty dot spreads and an aoe taunt in pvp. 4m whirling blow dot spread doesn't quite cut it, imo.
I knew I wasn't crazy. I remember the dot spread was on death field. Sad that changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Modecrypt View Post
Sorcs really need to be looked at. They have 7 knockbacks, 5 stuns, , they can cross guard each other
Quote: Originally Posted by Kholvan View Post
Don't make me gouge you with my purple origami horns.

TheDramaKing
04.16.2019 , 10:40 AM | #58
Hatred is simply NOT an assassin.
It has nothing to do with the concept of stealth and assassination. It's a melee Madness.

lord-angelus
06.14.2019 , 12:27 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDramaKing View Post
Hatred is simply NOT an assassin.
It has nothing to do with the concept of stealth and assassination. It's a melee Madness.
%100 True, I think it's a badly designed spec murdered by bad nerfs.

assatrap
06.14.2019 , 02:01 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Played about 150 games in SR with sin. Sins are almost VIABLE in ranked.

My problem with sin is In games where there are alot of ranged class - sins are pretty weak and vulnerable. Limited ranged attacks (deception) and limited gapcloser (unlike maras&juggs) also not very wise to spam force speed everywhere due to its DR. Very vulnerable to push and slow.. pretty much sitting ducks. Low slash is not enough.

Just blows my mind our stealth equivalence Operative HAS Rifle Shot, Frag Grenade and 1 DOT all 30m attacks also not to mention ROLL is FAR superior then Force Speed. And sins only got 1 30m attack every 15 seconds which can easily be DODGED. Yes i know operative got more advanced energy management but this is a bad excuse.

Devs if you reading this: this needs to fixed. Back in the days we had lightning storm. This is just brutal especially where the meta is Range - push-slow-knockback and we got no Phasewalk and Light armor. Give us 1 30m attack and make vanish clear out merc's net ffs.