Strongholds - (Visit while offline)

Yes that would be nice the only other reason I could think that this would be already in existence is because you have to be friends was somebody and they have to give you a key and then you can go and look at it whenever you want

Then we'll drown in high-prestige junkholds(actually, we're drowning as it is - went to check out a 203k Coruscant apartment on Red Eclipse two days ago, it was filled with trophies and basic shelves).

But seriously, it's probably an issue of server resources.

Me, I'd love to see more strongholds, but I think the junkhold issue must be resolved first somehow.

went to check out a 203k Coruscant apartment on Red Eclipse two days ago, it was filled with trophies and basic shelves).

Yes that is the problem why so many has stopped visiting strongholds, players fill them with junk and list them.

It has been suggested many, many times with a voting system where players could vote for the stronghold and the ones with the most votes could stay online eventhough the player is offline if it is publicly listed.

Yeah true, but would've been nice to atleast let people view the more demanding decorated strongholds, mine is only about 177k Prestige but Iv'e probably poured nearly 1b+ creds into my decor and arranged it pretty nice imo.

Yeah true, but would've been nice to atleast let people view the more demanding decorated strongholds, mine is only about 177k Prestige but Iv'e probably poured nearly 1b+ creds into my decor and arranged it pretty nice imo.

Yes, many of the very nice strongholds are about 160K-180K prestige.

The owners of those are perhaps not hardcore raiders that got all trophies but have invested alot of time in decorations and how they are placed.

Edited by Icestar

You hack! Get to work so that you can try to match mine! Haha. Actually old friend i am sitting at 167k and cannot figure out how people have more so you win!

You hack! Get to work so that you can try to match mine! Haha. Actually old friend i am sitting at 167k and cannot figure out how people have more so you win!

lol hey Trev, does Jamus still play? Yeah i miss the old days in Swg where anyone can walk into your houses anytime they want, was much funner tbh lol.

Too bad it couldnt "ignore" any trophy prestige for public listings. If it only counted non trophy decos it would pretty much put every "junkhold" at the bottom of the list.

Yes, it has been discussed before here on the forums why trophies are worth so much while a deco that takes ages to get is worth less prestige (you get one of them and more of the trophies)

lol hey Trev, does Jamus still play? Yeah i miss the old days in Swg where anyone can walk into your houses anytime they want, was much funner tbh lol.

I think so but I have not been in contact with him as of late. I am doing my thing of collecting and displaying and trying to upset the local economy!!!

I am on Shadowlands server.

I would assume that this is probably not possible for the engine to handle? But I don't know, of course.

From my personal point of view, I would like that, because I have a nice stronghold with good prestige, but I already get heavy shocks if someone suddenly spawns next to me when I am "at home". I would probably get even bigger shocks if I would spawn into my SH and there would be already someone else running around. ;)

I think so but I have not been in contact with him as of late. I am doing my thing of collecting and displaying and trying to upset the local economy!!!

I am on Shadowlands server.

Same here Trev, but I made all girl toons in Swtor named Fel something instead of Theeko / Opowa from Swg lol

Yes, many of the very nice strongholds are about 160K-180K prestige.

The owners of those are perhaps not hardcore raiders that got all trophies but have invested alot of time in decorations and how they are placed.

I have 86k Prestige and I think my DK SH would impress you.... but my main focus is on one, not 3 or 4.... I have DK complete and coru half done.

I agree with the op as well and as another put it, we need to fix the prestige issue first, way too many junk collections are tops on the lists making the nice units hard to find and tour.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I have 86k Prestige and I think my DK SH would impress you.... but my main focus is on one, not 3 or 4.... I have DK complete and coru half done.

I agree with the op as well and as another put it, we need to fix the prestige issue first, way too many junk collections are tops on the lists making the nice units hard to find and tour.

I actually visit low prestige strongholds from time to time. The owners look so surprised when a 25-40K prestige stronghold gets a guest, eventhough it might not look that good yet they do get happy for the first person that visists achievement.

86K prestige is enough if it is based on decorations and not trophies to make a real good stronghold.

It is about creativity not how many and rare items we got :tran_cool:

Edited by Icestar

I actually visit low prestige strongholds from time to time. The owners look so surprised when a 25-40K prestige stronghold gets a guest, eventhough it might not look that good yet they do get happy for the first person that visists achievement.

86K prestige is enough if it is based on decorations and not trophies to make a real good stronghold.

Yeah those Trophies should have probably only added 10 per not 100+10 per imo.

I agree with you, I did not use even one trophy in mine.. :)

Sorry to the OP if this went a tad off topic....

I also noticed, if you have SH on DK, and logged on as a pub toon, your DK one wont be listed.... I am not sure if others were aware of this but I tested this out with my wife. I assume this happens the other way around.... Has anyone else noticed this or are we blind? :confused:

Edited by Themanthatisi

• 3 years later...

Any one know how to get a hold of Trevan Wayfinder Panther5150 PantherReturns or any of the other 20 names he goes by?? lol I use to play Star Wars: Galaxies with him. I was in the guild with him and BA'racca and Yoshua and the few others that stuck around.. Even Mrs Bubbles at one time.. any ways if any one has a email or some way to get a hold of Trevan please through me a line..

thank you.. QuiBonJen

I don't know if it's changed since inception but most of those overstuffed with whatever you could get you hands on decorations was because the percentage of completion effected how much or a conquest bonus your stronghold provided. so unless you had every possible hook filled you were getting less conquest points. Since I know my Yavin IV stronghold is nowhere near finished the the current bonus i receive is at 125% which is why I believe that has changed to just owning it gives the 25% bonus per stronghold.

I don't know if it's changed since inception but most of those overstuffed with whatever you could get you hands on decorations was because the percentage of completion effected how much or a conquest bonus your stronghold provided. so unless you had every possible hook filled you were getting less conquest points. Since I know my Yavin IV stronghold is nowhere near finished the the current bonus i receive is at 125% which is why I believe that has changed to just owning it gives the 25% bonus per stronghold.

It *has* changed. It now takes into account only room unlocks, and not furniture placed. (It was always necessary to unlock all the rooms to be able to place enough decos to get to 100%, but now simply unlocking the rooms suffices.)

Nominally you get +25% for each fully unlocked room-set, with two exceptions:

* If you have two or more of a specific stronghold (because of the server merges), you get completion points only for the one with the most rooms unlocked.

* If you have seven or more fully unlocked strongholds (after taking into account the duplicates), you are capped at +150%.

* I believe that the Coru/DK stronghold for the current character's opposite faction (DK on a Pubsider, or Coru on an Impsider) doesn't count. That *can* work because characters don't earn CQP while they are logged off (craft-related CQP is postponed until you log in).

EDIT: recap: the strongholds are: Coruscant, DK, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine (originals), then, in order of release, Yavin, Manaan, Umbara and Rishi, for a total of seven (eight if you count Coru and DK as two).

EDIT the second: partially unlocked strongholds count partially toward their +25%

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I can understand why it might be a real pain to set up a system where anybody can visit any stronghold, even when the owner is offline.

However, I would love it if they added a way to see the listing of all Friend and gulid mate strongholds, even if they're offline.

I'd also like to see stronghold keys become Legacy-wide. It's always such a pain to issue a key to every single character, then again when they create new toons.

One day, I'd love if they added Gold keys to personal strongholds, so people could have shared roleplay spaces without having to form separate guilds.