Gods from the Machine: Player(me) does not exist

Woebie

My group and I are trying to attempt Gods from the machine, but whenever I am summoned or go to the planet am I dropped from the group. Not only that, but it states that "Player does not exist or is not online". The same happens when I attempt to /invite as inviting from the target frame isn't available.

From my group I was the only person that this happened to.

What I attempted:

I logged off and on

I exited and logged back on

My group logged of and on

My group exited and logged back on

Changed instances(pvp to pve and back)

Group attempted to invite from off planet(I was right outside instance)

What might be different about my account:

I used a token to boost to 70 at character creation thus skipping story.

edit: This is the only operation that this happens for.

This happens before even entering the actual operation in the area right outside of it.

Tested on lvl 75 alt and it worked. That character was leveled regularly.

Edited by Woebie

My group and I are trying to attempt Gods from the machine, but whenever I am summoned or go to the planet am I dropped from the group. Not only that, but it states that "Player does not exist or is not online". The same happens when I attempt to /invite as inviting from the target frame isn't available.

From my group I was the only person that this happened to.

What I attempted:

I logged off and on

I exited and logged back on

My group logged of and on

My group exited and logged back on

Changed instances(pvp to pve and back)

Group attempted to invite from off planet(I was right outside instance)

What might be different about my account:

I used a token to boost to 70 at character creation thus skipping story.

edit: This is the only operation that this happens for.

This happens before even entering the actual operation in the area right outside of it.

Tested on lvl 75 alt and it worked. That character was leveled regularly.

The only time i'd seen that kind of issue occur was when i was aligned with the other faction doing the dailies

The only time i'd seen that kind of issue occur was when i was aligned with the other faction doing the dailies

I was summoned via guild ship when this issue occurred and regardless of circumstance since then it keeps happening on that particular character. I did not align myself on the day it first happened or other days we tested to see if it kept happening.

I was summoned via guild ship when this issue occurred and regardless of circumstance since then it keeps happening on that particular character. I did not align myself on the day it first happened or other days we tested to see if it kept happening.

Summons is irrelevant. Everyone must be aligned for the dailies with the same faction. If the group members are imperial aligned and your republic, you'll be kicked from the group. Everyone in the Operations group must have the same alignment. You can realign yourself once per day I believe, so just switch which faction your aligned to match your group.

Edited by Toraak

Summons is irrelevant. Everyone must be aligned for the dailies with the same faction. If the group members are imperial aligned and your republic, you'll be kicked from the group. Everyone in the Operations group must have the same alignment. You can realign yourself once per day I believe, so just switch which faction your aligned to match your group.

While I would agree with you I highly doubt that I would have been the only one with the problem then, and I would still exist in some way to be added to the group. When this problem happens the game states that "This player is offline or doesn't exist.", both when I add to my group and they add me to theirs. I also haven't done dailies on Iokath in a few days prior to this. It is very highly likely that alignment has no effect on this situation. Also considering I could get into the Gods from the Machine on a character that couldn't even choose sides, and the unaligned location of this operation, both let me conclude that, once again, it has no bearing on this.