Jedha - Should SWTOR go there?

It wouldn't fit into the current Iokath droid story, but if a future expansion transitions back to a focus on the Force, should Jedha and the Holy City appear as locations in that expansion?

The lore seems to open up the possibility of it being a known location during the SWTOR era.

The historical and spiritual significance of Jedha led the moon to become a world of worship for those who believed in the Force, and a holy site for pilgrims who sought spiritual guidance.

Jedha's ancient structures were some of the earliest examples of architecture known to exist in the galaxy. The withered sandstone structures and statues dotted Jedha's landscape, a testament to its ancient past.[1]

Being an antiquated destination, Jedha was surrounded by uncharted systems, making it a reliable replenishment port for travelers.

The ancient world of Jedha was home to one of the first civilizations to explore the nature of the Force and was considered a spiritual home of the Jedi Order, with many scholars believing the moon owes its name to the ancient religion.[1] Some scholars made a case for Jedha as the location of the Jedi Order's first temple, alongside other candidate worlds, such as Ahch-To, Coruscant, Ossus, and Tython.[10] As well as the Jedi, the Disciples and Guardians of the Whills represented a dominant faith on Jedha.[1] They, along with the Church of the Force,[3] were centered at the Temple of the Kyber, a great temple located in the city of NiJedha. This spiritual history led to Jedha becoming an important location for pilgrims of various faiths, including those of the Brotherhood of the Beatific Countenance, the Clan of the Toribota, and the Central Isopter.

Jedha

I see no reason to, as we really don't know ow long Jedah was a centre for pilgrimage etc.

Now to go to a planet simply to do so makes no sense, but with a story line then sure.

However any storyline that involves anything canon will have to be careful to avoid even the simplest mistake, lets say you destroy a jedi statue there, then the destruction will ave to fit in with the movies, and even LOOK ta same, and be at the same spot.

While adding planets is a cool enough though I think adding to many and especially the "new" ones being too much work really.

But yes a cool enough idea indeed.

• 1 month later...
In Consular story, Tython is described as "the ancient world of the order" - so Jedha makes no sense in SWTOR

Not necessarily.

The official canon now is that no one is entirely sure whether Tython, Jedha, Ach-To, or Coruscant was the site of the very first Jedi Temple. All had ancient Jedi temples and a very early connection to the Jedi Order and each planet has proponents that argue in favor of it being the absolute first. In the SWTOR era the Jedi believe Tython was the site of their first temple but that doesn't necessarily mean they're right. The various religions that revere the Force also all don't necessarily need to agree with the Jedi that Tython was the first, whether or not it was.

If Jedha were introduced it wouldn't necessarily need to overturn Tython's status as the world SWTOR's Jedi claim is their origin world. Jedha could be the world one of the other force cults has settled on, or there could be a smaller offshoot of Jedi there studying the ruins who believe the Jedha temple was slightly older. Even within real world religions there are occasionally outliers with differences of opinion on doctrine. That the Jedi Council and most of the other Jedi believe Tython is their ancestral home doesn't necessarily mean all Jedi need to be in agreement.

I would not be surprised if Ach-To ends up confirmed as the first as well in one of the new films, since that is where Rey finds Luke, and why Luke went there has yet to be explained.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco
  • Like 1

Why it may make sense for the force classes to go there why would the non force class go there, for what purpose? Since the Jedi start in Tython there is no reason for that world to be included for the beginning of the jedi classes so in order to bring in that world there needs to be some tie in for all classes, not just Jedi classes.

I can see my Consulars and Knights going there since it seems to be rich in Jedi Lore but my smuggler or trooper? If you are going to bring in a planet now then it needs to have relevance to all classes.

Not necessarily.

The official canon now is that no one is entirely sure whether Tython, Jedha, Ach-To, or Coruscant was the site of the very first Jedi Temple. All had ancient Jedi temples and a very early connection to the Jedi Order and each planet has proponents that argue in favor of it being the absolute first. In the SWTOR era the Jedi believe Tython was the site of their first temple but that doesn't necessarily mean they're right. The various religions that revere the Force also all don't necessarily need to agree with the Jedi that Tython was the first, whether or not it was.

If Jedha were introduced it wouldn't necessarily need to overturn Tython's status as the world SWTOR's Jedi claim is their origin world. Jedha could be the world one of the other force cults has settled on, or there could be a smaller offshoot of Jedi there studying the ruins who believe the Jedha temple was slightly older. Even within real world religions there are occasionally outliers with differences of opinion on doctrine. That the Jedi Council and most of the other Jedi believe Tython is their ancestral home doesn't necessarily mean all Jedi need to be in agreement.

I would not be surprised if Ach-To ends up confirmed as the first as well in one of the new films, since that is where Rey finds Luke, and why Luke went there has yet to be explained.

The SW movies are canon, SWTOR is not. So, in the movies the ancestral home in Jedha, in SWTOR is Tython. Besides, there is a huge period of time between the action from movies and the action from the game, so there might be corrupted databanks and records, translation errors made by archeologists and so on.

I didn't see anything saying that Jedha was the first Temple site, only that it might be, and is no more likely than Coruscant or Tython. There's obviously a very old temple on Jedha from the early days of the Jedi order, just as there are very old temples on Coruscant and Tython. There's no more conflict here than there is with both Korriban and Ziost existing in the game. Frankly, with Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Yavin IV, Ziost, and now Umbara, I think we've had enough Sith worlds and I'd like to see some more Jedi worlds.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
In Consular story, Tython is described as "the ancient world of the order" - so Jedha makes no sense in SWTOR

If you compare the galaxy maps in legends and cannon jedha is in the same spot as tython. I believe its no different than korriban (legends) Morraband (Canon)

SWTOR should only go to cannon locations from now on. Jedha is certainly one of the best options, especially since we've wrapped up a storyline that focused on a lot of dark side lore. Let's actually have a new storyline that has a bit of light side to it.

Also, I'd drop everything about the current story direction. Personal best start to the next storyline is we find out all our missing companions are being held by the Empire or Republic as a way to kick back off the core SW storyline.

Well it is 3000 years or so between swtor and the current movies., The name could have been changed, flesh raiders went extinct (please let them go away). Enviornments change, people move to other areas of the world. So if you want to pretend Jedha is Tython you could do that.

Now do the Dev's need to change it, no because there would be no point. Nor would I want them to go back and change things, it would be too time consuming and expensive.

Edited by LeelaSeventen

OK, Jedha could be Tython renamed. But there's no mention of flashraiders or an ancient twilek village, nor of the river Tythos or the ancient city of Kaleth.

Being in the same neighborhood on the galaxy map may not necessarily mean they're the same planet as well. Jedha could be a neighboring planet in the same solar system (think Mars to Tython's Earth) or it could be in a neighboring solar system, in which case it might be comparable to a planet in Alpha Centauri.

If Tython is a different planet from Jedha it may even make some sense that the early Jedi colonized planets that were near to one another, regardless of which was first.

If you compare the galaxy maps in legends and cannon jedha is in the same spot as tython. I believe its no different than korriban (legends) Morraband (Canon)

Dude... no it's not. First of all Tython is still canon, second of all Jedha is in the unknown regions near Jakku and Rakata Prime.

Jedha is not stated to be the original home of the Jedi, simply one home of many. Ahch-To, Tython, and Jedha are all speculated to be the origin points of the Jedi in the new canon, but it's not stated which is for sure.

http://www.swgalaxymap.com/

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Dude... no it's not. First of all Tython is still canon, second of all Jedha is in the unknown regions near Jakku and Rakata Prime.

Jedha is not stated to be the original home of the Jedi, simply one home of many. Ahch-To, Tython, and Jedha are all speculated to be the origin points of the Jedi in the new canon, but it's not stated which is for sure.

http://www.swgalaxymap.com/

Now that I've seen that map, you're right. Jedha and Tython are in completely different parts of the galaxy.

Cool find by the way.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Maybe Tython gets completely obliterated by X superweapon ... becomes a desert planet ... and gets renamed?

It would also have to be moved, according to the map from the wiki that Flavius posted. As of right now they're in two different parts of the galaxy, so it doesn't appear that they're intended to be the same planet in different timelines. Tython is a core world, and Jedha is in the "west" outer rim bordering the unknown regions.

• 1 year later...
They could all be right in their own way. It could be that the Jedi came together from various different groups that had discovered how to use the Force. When they met they banded together and became Jedi, while still having their own distinct temples around the place (Courscant, Jedha, Tython, Ach-too, etc)

New canon can do whatever it wants. But this is SWTOR and we know how the Jedi originate in this timeline, which is on Tython, in the Dawn of the Jedi Series (which was sadly never finished).

My thoughts exactly, at beast they can canonize Jedha but not make it the origin of the Jedi Order. Perhaps an earlier outpost, much like Ossus. However this does raises a few concerns as to whether or not the story told in the game would be considered canon and if the game would have to abide by canon stories regarding the place. Anyway I'd open a can of worms I don't think is worth opening.