Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sith Emperor vs Darth Sidious


S_W_LeGenD's Avatar


S_W_LeGenD
12.23.2013 , 03:41 AM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I was referring to Venamis, nor do I feel Tenebrous' telekinetic feat to be primary evidence.
Venmais's encounter with Emperor Vitiate is going to turn out to be very different from how it went against Plagueis. Emperor Vitiate doesn't engages anybody in a lightsaber duel, rather subjugates or destroys his foes with his overwhelming powers, ending his battles on quick note.

Venamis is likely to either end-up subjugated from telepathic bombardment or end-up dead from being subjected to overwhelming powers from Emperor Vitiate. This is it.

Now how impressive Venamis seems to be in the novel, doesn't matters vis-a-vis Emperor Vitiate. Lot of impressive Sith have served Emperor Vitiate and stood no chance against him, is this so difficult to understand?

Also, the feat to collapse the ceiling on Tenebrous is from Plagueis, the latter Sith Lord mortally wounded the former Sith Lord in this manner after finding an opportunity to do so.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your also making the assumption that Malgus cannot hold a candle to the Sith Emperor, I disagree. He may be at the "top of the food chain" but I do not believe he completely outshines all of them. I do not believe that any considerably powerful Sith Lord or Force Wielder is out shined by anyone for that matter.
Once again, as impressive as Malgus is, he is not in the league of Emperor Vitiate. You need to stop underestimating Emperor Vitiate so much.

Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Now if you feel you need to readjust the supposed "G-Canon" biased by being biased towards OR characters then fine. Regardless I am not interested in having this debate and I prefer not to place favour on any era.
This is my observation based on how much hype G-canon characters have received in written literature in comparison to characters of other eras. Just consider the example of Luke, he have more impressive showings then Yoda but the latter is still regarded as the most powerful Jedi in written literature. The mythos is plagued with inconsistencies in this manner, a valid point, makes these debates difficult and pointless.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
/Sighs
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
So how long is it going to take before people realise no compromise will ever be reached here and that this discussion is basically pointless and endless..
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Till Legend leaves would be my bet, I'm not sure how much longer Beni will put up with it though...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well, I'm not participating because I know how pointless it is. I wonder how long it will take for Beni to realize it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Silenceo View Post
"Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating a fan-boy naivety is approximately 3720 to 1!"
As long as significant underestimation of Emperor Vitiate doesn't stops, these debates will never end. I have seen people arguing against Emperor Vitiate in other forums but never I have come across matching level of underestimation this character receives in this forum.

I don't like to participate in debates either in which Yoda, Luke and Sidious are pitted against others in a kaggath because I fully understand how pointless such participation would be due to sheer amount of blind support these MARY SUES of the Star Wars get from some fans, but someone has to call spade a spade at some point.

It's not like as if I am not validating my arguments with canonical evidence but if you guys are going to ignore such canonical evidence in favor of your beliefs, you don't deserve to express sighs, label discussions pointless and label me fanboy. This is a discussion forum and people should not be shutdown for expressing their points. Thank you.
My favorite Star Wars book: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

My favorite Star Wars character: Vitiate

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.23.2013 , 05:51 AM | #872
Clearly we have a differing understanding of what "can't hold a candle to" means.

And don't lecture us about how Sidious, Luke and Yoda are "MARY SUE" when you seem to be making every attempt to claim that Revan is the same league as them - which quite obviously implies you are overhyping him massively.

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
12.23.2013 , 08:57 AM | #873
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
It's not like as if I am not validating my arguments with canonical evidence but if you guys are going to ignore such canonical evidence in favor of your beliefs, you don't deserve to express sighs, label discussions pointless and label me fanboy. This is a discussion forum and people should not be shutdown for expressing their points. Thank you.
It's not like Beni, Aurbere, Wolf, Rayla, Sel, I, nor anyone else on this forum has ever countered your arguments numerous times before and in several threads with our own cannonical evidence.

Honestly I really want to say the exact same thing back to you, but you're just plain exhausting. Your child-like name-calling and biased and refusal to admit others can have a different (but valid) opinion about a match up is quite ridiculous.

We understand how powerful Vitiate is. Beni won't let us freakin not . Honestly he's on your side (OR fanboy and proud to admit it me thinks) but he is rational and sees that there isn't yet enough evidence to place him above the cannonically established most powerful sith.

Also, Fanboy: a male fan, esp. one who is obsessive about movies, comic books, or science fiction.

Technically we can...

In all honesty, we aren't shutting you down, and stopping you from expressing your beliefs, if anything it is the opposite. We acknowledge that Vitiate is powerful and we've got quite a healthy dose of your beliefs, we just don't agree he's better than Sidious. Your evidence was insufficient compared to your opposition, and you lost the debate. It happens....

The fact you continue pushing your point till you get what you want isn't expressing your opinion its trying to get what you want and throwing a fit when you can't get it.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
12.23.2013 , 09:27 AM | #874
Also Luke/Sidious/Yoda aren't Marty Sues, they aren't perfect beings. They have their flaws.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.23.2013 , 09:29 AM | #875
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Also Luke/Sidious/Yoda aren't Marty Sues, they aren't perfect beings. They have their flaws.
Oh you bet they do, don't even get me started on Yoda...

Obviously another term Legend is misusing.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.23.2013 , 09:46 AM | #876
Could someone clarify to me what a Mary Sue is?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
12.23.2013 , 09:48 AM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Could someone clarify to me what a Mary Sue is?
Mary/Marty Sue= A perfect being, IE: Ultimate power, knowledge of everything, can't be beaten, perfect personality, no flaws to the character, can do pretty much everything, so on and so forth.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.23.2013 , 10:17 AM | #878
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Mary/Marty Sue= A perfect being, IE: Ultimate power, knowledge of everything, can't be beaten, perfect personality, no flaws to the character, can do pretty much everything, so on and so forth.
So Vitiate, then.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
12.23.2013 , 10:19 AM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
So Vitiate, then.
Lol, that would actually be a lot more accurate.

Especially if this is Legend's version.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.23.2013 , 10:39 AM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, that would actually be a lot more accurate.

Especially if this is Legend's version.
I know, right?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus