I need a break

Tildren

I have become so frustrated with this game I feel like I am going to have to quit for a while. Please, before you call me a rage quitting noob let me elaborate.

1)Being a DPS sorcerer I am forced to use that pathetic excuse for a tank khem val.

2) Khem dies 10 seconds in to every mob that has even 1 strong in it.

3) I am squishy and have no hope of survival without a living tank.

4) I am now on a class quest where I must kill an elite (see reason 2 for my dilemma here)

Everything was going great until level 34 (I am 36 now) but now it seems I have just hit a wall where I die 5 times a mission and I barely walk out of most encounters alive.

There. Now that I have vented my rage a little bit, I hope u kind folk can give some friendly advice rather than just flame.

Edited by Tildren

Be sure you are shielding Khem to help him out. Also don't forget to toss him a few heals when he gets below half health.

As far as CCing mobs, I would almost always do it on packs of 2 or more or at least ones with an elite in it. Be sure you are using Whirlwind as your CC, it will last for up to a minute as long as nothing hits it. If you are using Electrocute, you are going to have to deal with it after 4 seconds.

Be sure you are shielding Khem to help him out. Also don't forget to toss him a few heals when he gets below half health.

As far as CCing mobs, I would almost always do it on packs of 2 or more or at least ones with an elite in it. Be sure you are using Whirlwind as your CC, it will last for up to a minute as long as nothing hits it. If you are using Electrocute, you are going to have to deal with it after 4 seconds.

Thanks man, that actually seems to be working! After I turned off Khems stupid whirlwind breaking AOE. And I can whirlwind up to 3 enemies at once so I can just take my sweet time and go one by one :p

Thanks man, that actually seems to be working! After I turned off Khems stupid whirlwind breaking AOE. And I can whirlwind up to 3 enemies at once so I can just take my sweet time and go one by one :p

Make sure to gear Khem up often. If you don't gear him up he will die very fast

Make sure to gear Khem up often. If you don't gear him up he will die very fast

That was my mistake for a long time too. Granted, i hate him anyway. ;)

Whirlwind is your friend, i wish it had a shorter cooldown, but being able to take mobs out of the fight is great! If you add the stun effect too, it's even better. Gives you a little breathing room if your dumb companion breaks it. Which andronicus does, a lot. ;)

Personally, i don't care for Khem, doesn't really fit my play-style, so i go with the damage dealers (adronicus until i got ashara). What i've been doing that seems to work pretty well is cc some, whirlwind (got the upgrade that can take out three or so) or electrocute, kill the weaker ones fast, then focus on the harder one. Don't let the weak ones go, they have less hp, but their damage can add up fast.

Also, if you are having a lot of trouble, be sure you aren't trying ones more than a level above you, they seem to be a good deal harder than in other games. Especially as the levels get up there. I'm far from an elite player, and die often to silly mistakes, but it's doable.

edit: Oh yeah, don't forget to pop a shield up on khem either right before the fight or during, best to keep one up as much as possible too. that really helps his survivability.

Edited by Usagizero

Be sure to bubble and heal Khem during the fights. I get really tired of having to seethe/heal Khem between fights and have discovered it's faster to dismiss/recall him or mount my bike and dismount if I'm outside than it is to heal him. He always comes back at full health.

Be sure to engage in actions that suit your particular skillset. I have to assume that you're not utilizing all of your skills (properly) because I find that I have no trouble whatsoever, and can even solo group quests as a sith sorcerer with Khem Val as my companion.

Use your whirlwind to take out your *strongest* cc-able target, and burn the weak ones. A standard tactic I use is whirlwind on A, Electrocute on B, Affliction/Darkness/Force Lightning on C, repeat on B, then move back to A.

Against Champion level opponents, remember to refresh the your shielding power on Khem Val every time the debuff goes away and heal him to full whenever you can. On these extremely difficult enemies, it can become advisable to simply use your basic saber strikes instead of using your force abilities against the enemy; save your force power for shielding and healing Khem with the exception of using Electrocute to stun the enemy and save some damage from hitting Khem.